Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Generals 2 is the next Command & Conquer
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [47 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject:  Generals 2 is the next Command & Conquer
Subject description: For the cause!!!! What cause???? Some cause that we couldn't figure out in Generals and Zero Hour
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone! Here's the big thing many of you have been expecting in these days, with the announcement of the next Bioware game, created by a new studio from them known as Victory Games. The big announcement from Video Games Award 2011: The next Command & Conquer game will be Generals 2.

Yea, it's official and it was even displayed at Origin (EA Official Store). Here's what we've got so far about the new game:

Note: Click in the pictures above for full picture, except for Generals2 box.

In the near future, world leaders are mere seconds from signing a global treaty and bringing an end to war as we know it when a devastating terrorist attack rips through the peace conference, killing all in attendance. In a world left with no politicians, diplomats, or activists, only the Generals remain. It’s up to you to assume their roles, command their forces, and put an end to global terrorism once and for all.

Features

All-Out War — Take control of three unique factions, competing for resources, building up your base of operation, and leading massive batteries of tanks, soldiers, and aircraft into battle.

Uncanny Sense of Realism — Frostbite 2 technology allows for visceral, visually stunning conflict at an epic scale. Incredibly detailed units and environments, dynamic physics, and exhilarating visual effects bring the battle to life in ways never before seen. This is the closest thing to real war without the consequences.

New Ways to Dominate or Ally with Your Friends — Go beyond classic deathmatch with a selection of new multiplayer game modes, designed with both cooperative and competitive play in mind.

Thrilling Campaign — Command the war on terror in an electrifying single-player campaign. Experience the dramatic story from multiple perspectives — from heroic General to crazed terrorist — while engaging the enemy in pulse-pounding tactical combat.

Ever-Evolving Experience — Enhance your game with an expanding array of downloadable content. From maps and units to factions, campaigns, and more, the fight against terrorism is deeper than ever.

Minimum System Requirements:

Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Athlon X2 2.7 GHz)
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Graphics card (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 series, with ATI Radeon 3870 or higher performance)
Graphics card (NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 or 500 series with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or higher performance)
Sound card
DirectX Compatible
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD ROM Drive

Recommended System Requirements

Processor: Quad-core CPU
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Graphics card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 or ATI Radeon 6950)
Sound card
DirectX Compatible
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD ROM Drive

Estimated Price at Origin (USA): $59.99
Coming in 2013.

Watch the trailer featured on Video Game Awards 2011 by clicking HERE.

From the 3 factions, two are GLA (Global Liberation Army) and EU (European Union?).

And finally, here's the Official Generals 2 section at the CommandAndConquer.com, as well as the Official Generals 2 Forums.

Last edited by Banshee on Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4 Gigs of memory is recommended nowdays?

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
4 Gigs of memory is recommended nowdays?

Everything is moving to 64bit now adays, I have 8GB with room to insert another 8GB when needed

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In addition, the game is going to be 20 GB big? Now let's hope it's 20 GB of worthy content.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

same engine as BF3 AFAIK so larger hard drive space demand does not surprise too much but given visuals, hopefully not too laggy.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
same engine as BF3 AFAIK so larger hard drive space demand does not surprise too much but given visuals, hopefully not too laggy.

A better question would be, is Flashlight a viable unit upgrade?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gonna have to update/replace my PC in 2013, it seems. Boo.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That logo is really shoddy.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Gonna have to update/replace my PC in 2013, it seems. Boo.

Aye, same here #Tongue

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good thing I had plans to upgrade before SC2: Heart of the Swarm. This game looks like it has serious potential, the visuals are stunning and the unit design is pretty kickass. I wonder how complete those structures are.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man looks like gona upgrade CPU ,Ram ,and Hard disk space, booohooo -_-, Hope it's worth it.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looking at that image link, those look like some very high poly models. No wonder the game is so huge with the GB's.
Meh, my computer couldnt run this game if it wanted too.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I plan on having a beast PC by the time this comes out so the requirements don't have me bothered one bit. #Tongue

Steam

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has the push to mainstream x64 games finally begun?

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah.......fast paced action bla bla....we've all heard that in tiberium wars , yet it was mediocre and it failed at "being as good as tiberian dawn" the simple the game was.

could we have a bit more complexity? building up on what the good core elements had, having extra features the other games did not had wich aren't that painfully obvious than the TW extra features, making the game good for all bases of players who want to play it, for rushers, alot of options for micromanager - basically, i want to really be thrilled what my enemy comes up with. suprises.

edit: until now the unit designs are this time far from ugly, this time they might look good, i like the flying VTOL thingy.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberium Wars was awesome. I dunno what you're bitching about.

Steam

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regulus wrote:
Has the push to mainstream x64 games finally begun?

Considering the minimum required operating system is 32-bit, I think not. 4GB of RAM has been recommended on many games for years. Modern (read: not XP) operating systems can use physical address extension (PAE) to read more RAM than what 32-bit systems allow. It's a fine workaround, however no program can use more than 4GB of RAM so there's still a (admittedly far off) limit that only 64-bit can solve. Judging by the Steam surveys, about a third of gamers still have a 32-bit OS.

Besides, the original Far Cry had a 64-bit executable back in the day, 64-bit games have been hanging around at the door for a while now.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
Tiberium Wars was awesome. I dunno what you're bitching about.

it was basically the same as Tiberian dawn, with support weapons/features, nothing that was really exciting, in fact it got boring very fast, it had no outstanding soundtrack, nothing really new in terms of gameplay, it was underdeveloped, it could have been much more than that, it wasn't bad, yet it wasn't redefining the genre.

starcraft 2 was true to it's core, yet it brought innovative features - look at the editor alone, hours of creativity.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks good, but then that EA logo down at the right corner makes you rethink...

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
it was basically the same as Tiberian dawn, with support weapons/features, nothing that was really exciting, in fact it got boring very fast, it had no outstanding soundtrack, nothing really new in terms of gameplay, it was underdeveloped, it could have been much more than that, it wasn't bad, yet it wasn't redefining the genre.
It did have some nice things like upgrades (not seen in the Tiberian series before), support powers, the excellent GUI (the sidebar is awesome) and the multiplayer worked well, to mention a few. On the other hand, the music is rather nonexistant, the story was simply mediocre at best and the multiplayer map variety was very poor (which I find kind of sad since it's a great game for LAN parties otherwise). I'd say it was good, far from awesome though.

About the fast pace; TW wasn't really fast-paced (compare it to RA1), nor slow-paced (TS is a good example for a slower pace). If they keep the pace they had in TW, it should be fine.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why, why Surprised. And lol at the allied barracks on the screenshot.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What the ztype? Bioware?

Can we like romance our Overlord tank now?

But seriously, I do hope this game is worth it.

I haven't seen a good RTS getting released since ztyping... ever.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixonoclast wrote:
What the ztype? Bioware?

But seriously, I do hope this game is worth it.

I haven't seen a good RTS getting released since ztyping... ever.

I think Victory Games is a sub part of Bioware... I seriously doubt that the same people who make their RPG games will make Generals 2. If they are, I will loose all hope for Generals 2 to be a good game gameplay wise.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixonoclast wrote:

I have to give it to the overall gaming community - it seems that everyone made that joke after the announcement.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
I think Victory Games is a sub part of Bioware... I seriously doubt that the same people who make their RPG games will make Generals 2.

Victory Games is the new name for the EALA team that made the previous C&C games. EA just renamed them and gave them the BioWare brand; they have absolutely nothing to do with the original BioWare, or their RPGs.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DeathRay2K wrote:
Victory Games is the new name for the EALA team that made the previous C&C games.
Isn't it's a new team with some people from EALA and some new people aswell? I remember hearing that after C&C4 many people from the original EALA team got fired.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I remember hearing that after C&C4 many people from the original EALA team got fired.

As terrible as it sounds, they deserved it.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m7 wrote:
On the other hand I've also heard that C&C4 was just meant to be a multiplayer test for the Asian market but EA forced the team to put the name "C&C4" on it and make some singleplayer stuff aswell. I don't know if that's entirely true however.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would be super-strange considering the game had top-quality (I'm not talking about the script, that sucked horse cock) FMVs.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m7 wrote:
Quote:
I remember hearing that after C&C4 many people from the original EALA team got fired.

No, they didn't. Their bosses did deserve it. Whoever forced them to create that game in that schedule deserved to be fired.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
m7 wrote:
Quote:

No, they didn't. Their bosses did deserve it. Whoever forced them to create that game in that schedule deserved to be fired.

I can only imagine that those fired were the ones who either botched features, came up with the poor ideas, or were the ones in charge of handling the game.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bosses tend to move around. There's no guarantee that the boss was even the same throughout the project.

But yes, heads rolled.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2004... This is 2011. 7 years ago. So relevant to today, eh? Sya, what do you think of that iPod thing, Fen? Crazy, eh? Whats next? 3D TV?

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
2004... This is 2011. 7 years ago. So relevant to today, eh? Sya, what do you think of that iPod thing, Fen? Crazy, eh? Whats next? 3D TV?

'Course man. And whatta ya think about them crazy new "flip phones"? Wacky shit I tellz ya.

Steam

DDragon
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:

If this was like Facebook id hit the 'Like' button on that lol

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In keeping with it being 2004 all of a sudden, you should probably post about it on Myspace instead.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:

2004 or not, it still happens in many places. Don't be surprised if the problems they had in 2004 still happens at many studios from EA and other big companies.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reminds me of that reddit horror story of some EA helpdesk employee.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:

2004 or not, it still happens in many places. Don't be surprised if the problems they had in 2004 still happens at many studios from EA and other big companies.

On which problems exactly do you mean? (haha if you can list EA's problems, it will take about 30 minutes to list them)
And I agree with you that their bosses should be fired up not people who work for them. Those people are just doing what are they told or order to do, but those above should be punished for that. They manage to create stupid game. (at least majority agrees that C&C4 is shitty game)

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a nice video here that explains many of the problems that happens on many game development companies. Most of the problems that the video in the link below lists happend with the EALA group, until the rushed C&C4 game.

http://extracurricular.tk/site/2011/11/working-conditions/

I doubt that the the EA studio at Los Angeles has changed their working conditions that quickly, managing to eliminate all the problems mentioned in the video, if they still did most of it until TT's release, which happened in 2010. What I've heard about that place is that the conditions improved a bit after they were sued.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm so happy you posted this. This show is probably the most informative one on the internet in regards to the Industry.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Grueling work cycles are old news and usually come from obstinate and pushy distributors... like EA.

Steam

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This episode is but one in a huge list of very informative shows. If anyone is interested in getting into the gaming industry, they should definitely watch this show.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regulus wrote:
This episode is but one in a huge list of very informative shows. If anyone is interested in getting into the gaming industry, they should definitely watch this show.

This. Extra Credits is neat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [47 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!