Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
R006 stuff
Moderators: Gangster
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject:  R006 stuff Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a little visual showimg you r006 features.

First of all. RW Team have finished all graphics of TS era units. Of course there will some changes, re-renders to perfect some of them but the fact itself make us all proud.

Animation by KatzSmile

Titan by Holy Master, Animation by Holy Master

Wolverine by KatzSmile, Animation by KatzSmile

Also r006 will feature a new map by me (since there is no other man to map for RW). Honestly I suck in mapping but i hope it wont come too bad.

What else you would ask, what did you guys were doing all this time?

R006 will feature:
-A lot new civilian buildins to live the battlefield.
-Finished shoreline set.
-Thanks to kenosis RW will now feature a cool cluster setup for cluster missile (check his MKLab moddb page).
- With help of kenosis cluster idea i have coded a nice tiberium explosion. Beware, harvesters! Flying shards, twinkies, gas etc. It have come pretty balanced (You will not be able to fully clean tiberium because explosion will spawn more. And you will not be able to spead it too much outside the field.)
- I have also did some stress tests with alphaimage. Result can be seen below. Unfortunatly this lag to much and only use of it will be sigleplayer missions because it game forced to run it slowly anyway.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow nice job it looks like the 3D world to me Very Happy

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hell yeah awesome as usual gangster! Especially for alphaimage..

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The lighting. Holy shit, the lighting. O_o

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesomeness. So, any chance for us to see a .gif of the cluster missile? Very Happy

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have some pretty sharp transitional tiles on the grass in the big alphalighting picture. And I have no idea what's going on in the black bar going up the pic.

You should also work on a cool and sleek-yet-minimalist set of pips so that you can dispose of the terrible RA2 ones.

Other than, awesome work. Glad to see Rewire continuing on. I was planning to work on the terrain for my own uses but I see you have picked it back up.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m7 wrote:
I have no idea what's going on in the black bar going up the pic
That is where the alpha images aren't connected. They will have to placed via invisible buildings the correct distance apart.

They do look tremendously beautiful, reminscent of Tib Wars. I'm surprised they lag though. Confused

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats, the alpha image use is fantastic. Though, I know about how much lag it can cause, which is a shame.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't understand why tremendous lag occurs in ReWire when both D-Day and Twisted Insurrection have massive Alpha light images using the same method that you've used here and neither have any lag at all. D-Day's Alpha image was over 90MB too as far as I can remember...

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should try using ReWire's alpha light image in TS and see if the lag will be any less.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well D-Day is YR and afaik that didn't lag.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW it did make D-day lag slightly but it was constant so I didn't really notice it until I did more testing.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@kenosis: It explodes in mid-air via DetonationAltitude stuff and then spawns debris from the warhead?
@Gangster: The lighting is definitely awesome. Are those dark patches in the last screenshot alpha image simulating like clouds?

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Krow
It is a spawned missile firing a weapon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Krow.

yup, clouds.

I will try to replace few small alphas it with one huge SHP like Mig Eater did and see if it lag less this way.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@kenosis: lol. Never knew that missile could fire a weapon. I had similar ideas ages ago but never did tested it.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

truely you dont need to give me credit since that titan made for your exchange and you done alot modify on it. [when i saw it first time i can believe it's my titan. but ok it's up to you. and right now i still stunning on your work . specialize on god ray it's really impressive i never though to see some thing like this on ra2 engine before.

@kenosis
those missile can be made on normal logic or it need something special? i'm quite interesting on it.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is pretty amazing! The alpha light test even more so...Shame it lags the game. =(

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe simply create alpha lights that be used sparcely across the map, eg those God rays.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ztype yes.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to say, I have been playing R006 (and its great)

But I really dislike the Wolverine

It's far too big and bulky and looks like it is wearing a giant red backpack ingame.
Furthermore even at high resolution at certain angles you can clearly see the muzzle flash is simply 2 flat planes, like they are stuck on.

How about even using the original TS one, as it is probably the correct scale now and will look fine next to infantry as they are also TS Scale?
Furthermore they can now fit into Orca transports, so the TS version would probably fit better for this reason too.

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I disagree. I really like the new wolverine. I think it looks phenomenal, and a huge improvement on the TS one. =\

And scale will never ever be correct in these games. Ever. The Mk.II would be 8x taller than all the buildings and then they'd have to be taller and then everything would go to hell. It's kind of a theme in every Command and Conquer game before Westwood bit the dust: there is no scale.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The MMKII walkanim is wrong. A quadruped unit wouldn't walk this way. It would never lift both legs on the same side at the same time.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FinalMoon wrote:
I disagree. I really like the new wolverine. I think it looks phenomenal, and a huge improvement on the TS one. =\

And scale will never ever be correct in these games. Ever. The Mk.II would be 8x taller than all the buildings and then they'd have to be taller and then everything would go to hell. It's kind of a theme in every Command and Conquer game before Westwood bit the dust: there is no scale.

I don't care so much about overall scale. I only mentioned it as a TS-RA2 scale comparison which in this rare case would not be an issue.

Just curious, are you basing your opinion on the preview of the wolverine in this thread or have you used it ingame ?

not doubting your opinion btw but I only ask as the preview in this thread it looks good, but ingame IMO it really doesnt look right

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon