Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:30 am
All times are UTC + 0
Zero Hour has FULL MOD LOADING support(like CNC3)!!
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject:  Zero Hour has FULL MOD LOADING support(like CNC3)!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We originally thought that the command line -mod in generals.exe loads the bigs in Zero Hour Data folder, i discovered yesterday that it can load hole folders of bigs AND local files (Data folder)

You can create a in Mods folder in My Documents\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data and place your mod in a another folder make a at command line in generals.exe shortcut example: -mod Mods\Test and the whole Test folder content will be loaded after loading the game it self, however the Game folders Data overwrites Data from the mod, so before doing that you need to place the data folder in a big archive, i already did it for you in 00_MODFIX.zip place the 00_MODFIX.big in Zero Hour Game folder and don't forget to delete the INI, Scripts, WaterPlane folders in the Games Data Folder

Thanks to this discovery now we have a the most safest way to load mods that is almost identical to CNC3 load metod (only no SkuDef) and i hope that current will be updated and future mods will use this metod from now on. Very Happy Cool

Now all that we need is a mod loader tool!!!!

Tested mods Rise Of The Reds, Russia's Invasion)

Notes:
The 00_ gives a loading priority to load this archive after the game data is loaded

00_MODFIX.zip
 Description:
Original ZH Data folder as big

Download
 Filename:  00_MODFIX.zip
 Filesize:  363.46 KB
 Downloaded:  179 Time(s)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting... I already wondered why some mods used the 00 prefix. Nice find Wink

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, that is a nice find.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually 00_ is loaded first as Generals searches through directories by filename and loads the file. Then if it's a big file it goes through it and loads only files it hasn't loaded yet.

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ju-Jin wrote:
Actually 00_ is loaded first as Generals searches through directories by filename and loads the file. Then if it's a big file it goes through it and loads only files it hasn't loaded yet.

Sure it does........

Then howcome the startlogo changed when i used my test big (added as atachment

00_MODFIX.zip
 Description:
test big

Download
 Filename:  00_MODFIX.zip
 Filesize:  436.4 KB
 Downloaded:  140 Time(s)

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because 00_ is the first file when you sort them by name?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon