Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:25 am
All times are UTC + 0
Coming back to C&C modding, ideas?
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject:  Coming back to C&C modding, ideas? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After years of Warcraft 3 mapping and modding and a completed full conversion of WC3 to C&C map (which I can upload at request) Here's a video of what we had completed a few years ago.

I want to go back to C&C modding but cannot pick between TS or YR, I'm at work at the moment and do not have sufficient time to research the engines so I have a few questions. Has Ares been improved since? Is there a currently working feature list for it? and how is ETS going, is there anything new that is similar and actually being worked on?

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YR has ARES... TS has nothing like that going for it at the moment.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think modding is happening any time soon. I'm currently using Windows 8 and my YR and TS are slow as hell, less than 1 FPS for sure. I tried everything even installing that ddraw.dll. With the ddraw.dll I get an Error: Unable to set video mode.

Any ideas? PS Windows 8 should be the same as 7.

ayylmao on Discord

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
YR has ARES... TS has nothing like that going for it at the moment.

Give me break eh :p

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Go to the dark side, choose Generals #Tongue

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Installed Windows 7 and everything is working with no issues, TS is sometimes slow and the ddraw.dll gives me a black screen but that will have to do for now. Might go with YR since it has more options.

@Dutchy, never really had any experience with modding Generals so I think it would be a waste of time on my part.

ayylmao on Discord

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about SHIFT? Seems like its the Tiberian Sun Counterpart to ARES...

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SHiFT isn't active. Joshy released it and end of story.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SHiFT is ridiculously buggy.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Xpeddy, long time no seeing you here. Ares has certainly improved, and while Hyper has not yet released a public version of his HyperPatch (a TS equivalent of Ares), users like SuperJoe and Lin Kuei Ominae have discovered little but nifty features, workarounds and possibilities. Most should be available at the Tutorials and Research subforums.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update:

I'm starting with the Allies first and here are the changes so far.

General
Made the game much more fast paced than before.
A lot of units have had their buildtimemultiplier removed and infantry cost slightly less. Range of all weapons in general will increase by about 30% just for visuals. This will be a generally fun and fast paced mod.
GREATLY reduced the SA warhead's ability against armored vehicles, so now you actually need anti armor if you want to defend against vehicles, other than just spam GI's.
Elite weapons no longer do WTFROFLMFAO 9999 damage such as the default RA2 ones, they now do 30% more damage, have a 30% reduced rof and 10% more range on top of the units veteran bonuses.
I would like to use Deezire's 1.002 AI, will ask for permission and then modify to include the new units etc.

Visuals
Replaced VTMUZZLE elite gunfire animation with APMUZZLE
Missiles now use a new missile model and leave a smokey trail
Changed PIFF and PIFFPIFF animations

Allies:

Infantry
GI - Cost decreased to 175
Allied Attack Dog - Cost decreased to 175, now gains veterancy (trololol)
Guardian GI - Cost decreased to 300
Rocketeer - Cost decreased to 500
SEAL - Cost decreased to 800
Spy - Cost decreased to 750
C. Legionnaire - Cost decreased to 1300
Tanya - Increased Strength to 300
[will add at least 3 new infantry units, 1 to each tier aka GAPILE,RADAR & GATECH]

Structures
Base Defenses - Adjacent value increased by 2 accross the Allied arsenal
Patriot Missiles - Now requires "RADAR" to be built (will be adding lower tier AA at a later stage which will only require "GAPILE")
Defensive structures now gain veterancy - damage, rot, range etc will change very slightly, Elite weapons will mainly add a new effect to the weapon to give it that dinstinct veteran look. I.E. Prism Tower laser will scatter. Very small differences so balance isn't thrown out too far.
Grand Cannon - Available to all Allied factions, limited to 2 and moved to GATECH tier.

Vehicles
Grizzly Tank - New model credits to (I apologise but I just found the file
in my old HDD, if someone knows who made it please let me know)

Humvee - New unit, model credits to "Tony"

IFV - New model, model by me (some quality issues, will fix later)

Sonic Tank - New model, model by me (still WIP) - Sonic weapon is using Ares' Wave.IsLaser mechanism

Robot Tank - Trainable=yes, increased Strength from 200 to 250
Howitzer - New unit, model by me (Modified howi.vxl as a placeholder, currently making a new one)

Aircraft
Harrier - Cost decreased to 1000, Strength increased from 150 to 250
Black Eagle - Cost decreased to 1000, Strength increased from 200 to 300

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!