Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:06 am
All times are UTC + 0
Noodles Art Pile
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 12 [561 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 10, 11, 12 Next
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject:  Noodles Art Pile
Subject description: From Voxels,Pixels, to Sounds...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Based on the concept art...

Should I ditch the huge missiles and use a Missile Salvo like the Patrio Missile/Aegis Cruiser/IFV,etc.?

Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Mon May 21, 2012 2:14 am; edited 3 times in total

Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's already been done.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Put the big missiles, theres other with the rocket packs (YrArg). And do revert to traditional Soviet colors later on.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Symphonic wrote:
It's already been done.

Says the guy who's remaking the beta.

Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Symphonic wrote:
It's already been done.

Says the guy who's remaking the beta.

The voxels of which don't exist in the public. I never said I made the voxel for the hydrofoil, but two other people have and they're available on YRARG... and are much better than this one.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You may have missed my point.

Ontopic: I'm not sure about the size and shape, from the one shot (and in such colours), it's hard to really tell what it actually looks like.
I agree with Volgin, btw. Missiles are fun.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here it is, if I'm going by WW Voxel Standards this is pretty much the final one. I might tweak is graphics though...

Edit: Added an In-Game Shot

Edit 2:

Behold the Turret of the Tesla Walker.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The missiles need to be much smaller but it doesn't look too bad. The hull at least matches the Sea Scorpion.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow Atomic noodles this cames out better than i Expected keep trying you doing really good ,Also Try adding more shades to you voxels they will look a loot better.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Hydrofoils shape/proportions are wrong imo.
1. the main ship is a lot thinner, streamlined
2. the main hull becomes thinner to the back, thus allowing the engines to move a lot closer to the center and this way also don't stand that far apart like in your voxel
3. the missiles are too big and the whole missilesystem is too high. If you look at the sketch, you can see that the missilesystem isn't higher than the bridge.

attached is a simple sketch showing the main body which becomes thinner to the rear. (looks a bit like a star trek ship shape)

shape.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  458 Bytes
 Viewed:  20971 Time(s)

shape.PNG

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Omg I love that you stuck a RA3 tesla trooper on as an alternate. Nice.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
Omg I love that you stuck a RA3 tesla trooper on as an alternate. Nice.

Actually that's a turret for a separate voxel it seems but I think it would look good as a turret for the hydrofoil.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think your sketch is highly inaccurate to the shape of the hull in the concept, LKO. The voxel is a lot closer to the proportions in the concept, hull-wise.

Last edited by Orac on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since RA3 just uses blank models with textures and the game client renders the animations I decided this would be easier.

And yeah its a Turret for a supposed Voxel-Version of the Tesla Trooper.

With the base being just the legs.

Thinking of just redoing the legs since Chicken Legs are alot harder to animate in the HVA Builder.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
The Hydrofoils shape/proportions are wrong imo.
1. the main ship is a lot thinner, streamlined
2. the main hull becomes thinner to the back, thus allowing the engines to move a lot closer to the center and this way also don't stand that far apart like in your voxel
3. the missiles are too big and the whole missilesystem is too high. If you look at the sketch, you can see that the missilesystem isn't higher than the bridge.

If you actually want it to be accurate, the main body of the hydrofoil is above water surface when moving. This grants the vessel higher velocity as friction is decreased. Only the foils remain partly under water.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Should I continue this SHP Edit?

It's the Female Civilian, edited to a Nurse... obviously. Deciding if I should just make the Red Sections Remaps.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, do it, it's fuckin good looking.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Was browsing through the old pile of Voxels... sorta got inspired to do this...

Yellow Comet Medium Tank Chassis (Still working on the Turret)

Without the Infantry Popping out of course... The Giant Turret will be so fun to make though. Laughing

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd say that you should still try to make a version with a soldier as well (alongside every other MdTank).

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tweaked the Yellow Comet one to have a gray barrel to help make it less... straining on the eyes.

And oh yeah the Green Earth is done.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not much to say... Tweaked Destroyer Voxel & a somewhat redesigned Ospray.

Made the Cannon more prominent and recolored the Osprey's to be Allied Blue instead of Yellow.

Edit:

Speaker Tower made from Voxel since I can't do 3D... Embarassed Tweaked it already this was the first one, new one has a wider voxel and fits just right into a square. Problem is that its too short. Confused

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:

Tweaked the Yellow Comet one to have a gray barrel to help make it less... straining on the eyes.

And oh yeah the Green Earth is done.

Most satisfactory.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thought Id show what I came up with when I made it into a Cameo... and here's the attempt at a Cameo... Sad I should really get help in getting an actual 3D to SHP version though.

ngtwricon 0000.png
 Description:
Cameo
 Filesize:  8.71 KB
 Viewed:  20490 Time(s)

ngtwricon 0000.png

ngtwr.rar
 Description:
The Voxel...

Download
 Filename:  ngtwr.rar
 Filesize:  12.6 KB
 Downloaded:  294 Time(s)

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Concept Sketch of one of my New Yuri Units. The Overlord...

Comparable to the Kirov Airship in terms of role. Armed with a powerful electromagnetic cannon. The Overlord can flip over heavy mechanical vehicles and can use it to obliterate enemy infantry & buildings.

Based on the Yuri Moai Building then tweaking it heavily from there.

Slightly also referred from the Giga Fortress from RA3...

Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks like a Yurified machine god. Looks like you can have fun with rotating sections.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's going to have a Turret, although I think i might just make it an omnifire if a Turreted Flying Unit won't be able to target properly.

(A Placeholder Voxel goes inside the head) The Head being the actual Turret.

Face is sorta moulded up now, Just trying to make the rest of its body.

Left (Showing Interior) Right (Face itself)

Also... should I make those into "Tron Lines" or just keep it as a Darker Area of the Plating.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's some solid work right there.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, I'm impressed. Though the colouring is....weird. I was expecting a more metal look, like in the concept. Also, is it supposed to vomit its enemies to death?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Placeholder colors right now to make coloring it much easier. Laughing

It'll be more normal in colors once i finish it though.

It shoots Magnetic Beams from its Mouth.

Tweaking the Laser Effect right now to look like the Magnetron Beam.

A rough idea of how it'll look like in-Game:

This was also the basis of where I cut out the face. Now I'm fixing it up to look more closely to the Concept Art.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice work Atomic_noodles Very Happy

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In addition to a magnetic beam, it could fire something out of the eyes. A regular laser against infantry, perhaps?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
In addition to a magnetic beam, it could fire something out of the eyes. A regular laser against infantry, perhaps?

It is.

It has 2 Weapons. One is exclusively for flipping Voxel Units, the rest is for blowing stuff up.

Edit: Added some progress shots.

OverlordShip_2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.93 KB
 Viewed:  20285 Time(s)

OverlordShip_2.png

carnage_xploade
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No offense Noodles, the vxl is very good, but do something about the mouth, it look like hes giving a Blowj...., you understand

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eep, now just needs psychic sentinel dred noodles and/or tellytubby sun rays of doom.

on the mouth it just screams "shoop da whoop" (no pun intended) or well sadly if ya seen a blowup dolls' face it just cannot be unseen. :/

cacodemonyuri.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.01 KB
 Viewed:  20258 Time(s)

cacodemonyuri.png

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah I know about the thing being too remindful of something... It's not that noticable in-game due to the perspective. Laughing The first one was way more circular. Changing how the eyes look will make it look less sexual though. Right now I'm fixing the back section. And I'll tweak that mouth/eyes later on.

And yes, the "Shoop De Whoop" Look is intentional. It's shoots Magnetic Beams out of its mouth. Razz

Also finished drawing up a concept sketch for one of my new MBTs for Yuri. The Berserker Tank, It's shells release a weaker version of the chaos gas on the unit they target.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lovely mbt Very Happy
out of the box IMO

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well... so far I think I need to redo the whole Chassis and Turret... Sad

Seems like the Chassis is too small and the Turret looks too bulky for it.

Decided to ditch the spinning rings altogether. Confused

I'll probably release this as Public Asset since It didn't turn out the way I wanted... although with the current voxel re-evalution... idk about it too. Laughing

brsrk_000.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  275.59 KB
 Viewed:  20050 Time(s)

brsrk_000.gif

brsrktur_000.gif
 Description:
Turret
 Filesize:  327.66 KB

brsrktur_000.gif

Berserker_Test.png
 Description:
In-Game Test.
 Filesize:  111.28 KB

Berserker_Test.png

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I kinda feel like the body is too small for the turret. Just adding a few things to the sides and back of the body to beef it up a bit would probably help.

I'm interested to see how the flying head works out ingame Smile

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Second attempt on the Chassis.

The Head is almost done, just can't be assed and pondering if i should give it floating orbs on the sides.

Berserker_Test_2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  99.79 KB
 Viewed:  19998 Time(s)

Berserker_Test_2.png

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That berzerker actually looks pretty decent, better than I anticipated.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Minor new building I made to replace the soviet Service Depot

How do I fix the tilt btw? It's a cloned version of the Sentry Gun... Nothing edited on the HVA's, its just standing vertically.

RepairArm.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.71 KB
 Viewed:  19949 Time(s)

RepairArm.png

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not bad..

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In-Game Preview of the Viper Tank (Martinoz's Tzar Tank with a some minor voxel tweaks on the Turret & new normals)

and the Tesla Wall (Currently using resized Nod Laser Fences)

P.S. Anybody know what Tank Martinoz based the Tzar Tank on so I can find a Cameo for it... Embarassed

ViperandTeslaWall.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  225.67 KB
 Viewed:  19887 Time(s)

ViperandTeslaWall.png

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In all honestly, it looks like a Rhino Tank with wheels.

Try to create something with VXL Viewer, decrease both lighting, those makes the voxels nicer. Smooth it, resize, create a background (yeah, this is why I'm stuck) and it's fine.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with Graion. The general hull form resembles the Rhino (wide width, short length and height) and turret is from the Rhino is well.

The normals and color choice is quite good, though.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Allied Tsunami Tank...

I've put up the old one with less Remap up for download.

TsunamiTank.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  130.99 KB
 Viewed:  19529 Time(s)

TsunamiTank.png

Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
How do I fix the tilt btw?

Add FireAngle=0 to the buildings rules entry.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Medalmonkey
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
Minor new building I made to replace the soviet Service Depot
Thats a really cool idea, when any of you tanks come close it can repair them. It would be very useful in front of the ore refinery or airfield to repair automatically.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another Thing I'm doing after I finished that Tsunami Tank and your posts, I sorta got motivated to finish making my other units.

A Simple recolor and some minor tweaking on the remaps of the hood. A Hooded Yuri... Laughing I'm surprised it looks passable as a hood too.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like a remapable nun.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 12 [561 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 10, 11, 12 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon