Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Schism 1.0 released on ModDB (YR/Ares 0.1 mod)
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
redfox34
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject:  Schism 1.0 released on ModDB (YR/Ares 0.1 mod) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey fellow modders,

So I've been working on this mod for the last eight months, it's a total conversion for YR that needs Ares to run, and it's just been released today. I am curious to see what you make of it because I have spent a lot of time polishing it (I even went to the trouble of creating unique voice acting for it).

I have no artistry skills so all graphic assets are modified public assets but I hope that the gameplay and everything else outshines that fact. Credit has been given where credit is due in the manual.

The mod itself has three totally different factions that I tried to make as dissimilar as possible. It takes place in an alternate history where Germany won World War II but the United States still managed to defeat Japan, and the mod is set in 2145, two hundred years after war's end.

So without further ado, here are some screens, and the download link:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/schism/downloads/schism-public-release-v10

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not gonna lie. Looks neat.

Steam

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

may I add promising and beautiful.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work rf good luck in the future

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
may I add promising and beautiful.

Promising - yes. Beautiful - no.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

named after the Tool song Schism?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do I see my Hunter Tank chassis there? Shocked

Congratz, I'll try it out. It's always nice to see with mods upon Ares.

EDIT: Tried it out, I'll write a full review soon onto your ModDB.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Lee
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Was great fun. Well done mate. Huge respect to you for starting a mod and actually finishing it and releasing it, you don't see that a lot these day >.<

Really fun mod to play, atmosphere kind of reminds me of the early version of Robot Storm.

One error to report - Game randomly crashes mid game, no error window given, just freezes, which is a shame as it means my half an hour of army building was all for nothing xD

Also, add enqi's (or some form of) for Imperium. I like how you can use the Hacktron to capture buildings for Order.

Give this one a go guys! Smile

redfox34
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glad you liked it! Smile I'm trying to figure it out by talking with the developers of Ares but I think the crashing may have something to do with Ares rather than the mod. I tried to spot check any potential Internal Errors as I went to make it as stable as possible.

I guess I'll have to see what the general consensus is, but right now I kind of like the idea of the Imperium being the only side unable to capture buildings. They have tech building equivalents in their arsenal and it forces them to level those buildings to prevent the enemy becoming too strong. Plus I'm not sure how I would make the Imperium engineer different than a Republic engineer (I don't really want to just change a base attribute like speed and call it a different unit considering how radical the differences are between the sides)

Lee
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well as for the crashes, bare in mind I'm using I believe an unreleased version of Ares (not sure on the status of the project). But being a beta tester of Mental Omega I usually have the most up to date version which others may not have? Not sure...

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used 0.2 RC and I had no issues, neither.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
redfox34
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm that may have something to do with it. I developed for 0.1 as it was the only public release available when I started and I wanted to work with something relatively stable. That being said people still occasionally have crashes, but it seems to depend on the computer (for instance, I've never had it crash on me but a few of my testers on other computers have, and still others have had it run fine).

Oh and Graion if you find time to write that review I'd love to read it, interested to hear your opinion

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon