Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:33 am
All times are UTC + 0
question!
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject:  question! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will this mod require FireStorm, or you can't have FireStorm, or stuff like that?

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

umm, there is not such thing as not being able to have firestorm for a mod, just don't have your mod in the directory at the time of the firestorm installation

[img]http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=953[/img]

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: question! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fremen5 wrote:
Will this mod require FireStorm, or you can't have FireStorm, or stuff like that?

The mod requires version 2.0 or higher of TS.
So you must have installed either Firestorm or a patch 2.0x (2.03 is the last, I think).

Firestorms expand01.mix has to be renamed/deleted/moved, because one of the mod files has to be called expand01.mix to make the custom main menu work.
Also, there mustn't be any patch.mix inside the TS folder.

However, the mod will come with an install batch file that will also disable those files by renaming them, and an uninstall batch file reenabling them, so you don't have to do that yourself.

And of course there shouldn't be any other mod/rules.ini/art.ini or anything else that would override any of the mod files, since all the stuff will be stored in expand .mix files with low numbers (01 and 02).

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Firestorms expand01.mix has to be renamed/deleted/moved, because one of the mod files has to be called expand01.mix to make the custom main menu work

?
no it doesnt, you can name your mod mix expand##.mix '#' being ANY number from 01 to 99

logicaly make it 02 and get the newmenu.mix (or watever its name is) put it in the expand (or ecache whichever it goes) and change, remove, add whatever graphics you want.

It will read the graphics from the 02 before it will read the 01
and will read the 01 before it will read the TIBSUN.mix etc

Obviously anything dumped straight in the SUN.dir has First priority

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and you don't have the even use newmenu.mix, you can just dump all the files in the main expand mix file you created.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
?
no it doesnt, you can name your mod mix expand##.mix '#' being ANY number from 01 to 99

logicaly make it 02 and get the newmenu.mix (or watever its name is) put it in the expand (or ecache whichever it goes) and change, remove, add whatever graphics you want.

I know, that's not the problem. I actually did put the new menu stuff in the expand02.mix. The problem is if there's no expand01.mix file containing some of the FS inis inside the TS folder, TS loads the default menu (at least it does for me). The gmenu.mix (or the custom menu) is only loaded if TS thinks FS is installed. Of course I could put everything in expand02.mix, but then the custom menu would only appear to those who have installed FS also.

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so just put in the readme file some instructions on what to have the file name as, simple as that

[img]http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=953[/img]

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:
Quote:
?

I know, that's not the problem. I actually did put the new menu stuff in the expand02.mix. The problem is if there's no expand01.mix file containing some of the FS inis inside the TS folder, TS loads the default menu (at least it does for me). The gmenu.mix (or the custom menu) is only loaded if TS thinks FS is installed. Of course I could put everything in expand02.mix, but then the custom menu would only appear to those who have installed FS also.

1) SMIFFGIG you got it reversed, the higher the number of expand or ecache, the higher the priority. The directory has the highest priority

2) reaper by saying his you just gave me the clue how to make some exclusive FS ini things (like Tiberium Floater) work for my mod, if people don't have FS... THANKS BIGTIME!!!

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
SMIFFGIG you got it reversed, the higher the number of expand or ecache, the higher the priority. The directory has the highest priority

thats what i said
Quote:

Quote:

first aka highest Wink

maybe i just didnt explain it well #Tongue

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehe no SMIFF it's still wrong Wink

SMIFFGIG wrote:
Quote:
SMIFFGIG you got it reversed, the higher the number of expand or ecache, the higher the priority. The directory has the highest priority

thats what i said
Quote:

No it reads 01 before it reads 02... and the last thing it reads (the highest number), it will use for the game.

Quote:
Quote:

first aka highest Wink

maybe i just didnt explain it well #Tongue

and this is right, of course..

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon