Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
Red-Resurrection Beta 1.0 Release
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject:  Red-Resurrection Beta 1.0 Release Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome commander to the first release of Yuri's Revenge Red-Resurrection, the YR addon bringing you a reimagined Allied and Soviet factions once again at war with almost entirely new arsenals of weapons. Red-Resurrection makes best use of the Ares enhancement (required version included in the download) including many new gameplay mechanics, graphical enhancements and stability improvements providing an overall smoother game.

Before downloading you should check out the ModDB profile including picture gallery. The downloads are also posted for the mod itself and the theme pack (includes 7 selected Frank Klepacki tracks from none C&C games). Please note the mod also supports the Red Alert 2 soundtrack, which can be enabled by copying theme.mix from either the Allied or Soviet disc into your YR directory and renamed to ecachera2theme.mix

About the Mod
Red-Resurrection began in September 2010 as a simple YR addon with some new units and an old-school attitude to modding however it quite quickly grew into a larger yet subtler edit including the replacement of most units coding and graphics. For instance the entire weapons and warheads code has been recreated from scratch on a per unit basis; everything has been considered and balance between factions very deliberately established. The graphics of the mod are sourced from the community, all freely available to use albeit edited by myself for continuity.

Simply put Red-Resurrection is a light hearted, fun expansion modification for Yuri's Revenge following in the games footsteps with some goofy units, unrealistic game world and overall jolly colourful demeanour. If you are looking for fast paced explosive gameplay set in an apocalyptic wasteland dominated by sadistic super-computers and corrupt insidious inter-continental empires then this is probably not the mod for you. It is simple- there are two factions, the blue Allies fighting for justice, liberty and a free market and the red Soviet Union forging an evil scheme to bring down capitalism forever in a horde of conscripted infantry, tank battalions and nuclear warheads.

What Does Beta Mean?
Yes, as you noticed this is a multiplayer beta. Beta means the mod is essentially incomplete, with some minor details missing or unfinished such as unit voices. Since last october I have been in education and no longer have time to develop the mod continually, so I am now releasing it for you all to play, discover incomplete features and balance mistakes and report them to me. When I have time I will definately continue development, expanding the mod with new features including a full campaign for both factions.

Beta means there will be mistakes, some minor missing features etc but I personally believe the mod to be very stable and playable otherwise I would not have released it. Furthermore the Ares version required by the mod is also in beta phase. Note that Ares does not alter your Yuri's Revenge game in any way.

Download
To download the mod head over to the download topic now, with full instructions and gameplay recommendations.

Also check out the welcome topic for a little more info on the backstory.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been waiting for this for a while. Looks gooooooood Very Happy

Vladimir
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks ace dude.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OH NO HE DIDN'!! #Cussing out

And do you want to know why you're getting an "OH NO HE DIDN'!!"? Well, it's because I've never wanted to play Yuri's Revenge any more in my life than I have now and I can't as I have the disc installs on an external hard drive plugged into a laptop that does not have a disc drive. You bastard. Fuck you.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares allows YR to launch sans-disc.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am aware, but the discs contains some of the important files necessary for it to run, and everybody is being stingy and not uploading said files for me. #Tongue

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon