Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 pm
All times are UTC + 0
I need your help, PPM.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject:  I need your help, PPM. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah.

I've got this game I've been searching for years - it's quite damn old. It was looking like this a lot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HoMM2_screenshot.png

It was some sort of strategy game. IIRC the graphics were really poor - it was nearly black and white (or maybe it was my computer not being good/bad enough for it.). You were sort of conquering territories like in Hearts of Iron/Europa Universalis way.

Any suggestions? The theme was medieval, btw.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Medieval Total War? It wasn't black and white but the campaign map was a map drawn on parchment.

Official Website

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're very close, but my game was 2D. #Tongue

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stronghold?

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: I need your help, PPM. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat wrote:
Yeah.

I've got this game I've been searching for years - it's quite damn old. It was looking like this a lot:

It was some sort of strategy game. IIRC the graphics were really poor - it was nearly black and white (or maybe it was my computer not being good/bad enough for it.). You were sort of conquering territories like in Hearts of Iron/Europa Universalis way.

Hey numbnuts. Look harder at that Wiki page. IT TELLS YOU THE NAME OF THE GAME. ztyping moron.

Steam

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: I need your help, PPM. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
Deformat wrote:
Yeah.

Hey numbnuts. Look harder at that Wiki page. IT TELLS YOU THE NAME OF THE GAME. ztyping moron.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

HoMM doesn't have territories like in HoI or Total War.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh wait, we're talking Heroes of Might and Magic, 1, 2, or 3. Based on that shot.
The Heroes 3 campaigns had territories in the campaign, but not in skirmishes.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Quote:
It was looking like this a lot (graphics-wise to be precise)

Therefore not part of the Heroes series.

@Orac: It's not Stronghold.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's definitelly Heroes of Might and Magic. But it's one of the few Heroes games that I don't have (HoMM2). I have the 1, 3 (and expansions), 4, 5...

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can it be Dungeon Keeper 1?

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, I'm going to try again. It's similar, it has a gameplay similar to Total War, it's not Heroes (not at all), and I think it might even be a pre-2000 game.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

King's Bounty? (The predecessor of Heroes of Might and Magic?

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DOOM.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lords of the realm 1 or 2. I can send 2 to you if you like. I love it and still play it. It either is the game you look for or comes very close since it plays very similar like total war and has medieval theme.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ding ding ding! Orange Nero wins. As for the game, I'll get it on my own (since it's abandonware).

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

glad I could help. I hear that network games are still possible, I would like to play against a human once so...
As far as I know it is not abandonware and I had to search like crazy for a dowload. I own it tough. 2 still works on win7.

for anyone interested into seeing it and the game prior to Total war http://www.giantbomb.com/lords-of-the-realm-ii/61-8258/

useful hints and strategies http://www.angelfire.com/games/cleo/

patches and usefull stuff http://www.strategyplanet.com/lotr/downloads.shtml

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually I read somewhere that it really is abandonware, and I trust that source since I seriously doubt Sierra gives a damn for a game from 1996.

BTW, where did you get it from? I got a "abandonware" version which should have worked on XP, but it asks me for the CD. Funny, I got my hands on the CD, but it doesn't say that the CD is inside.

EDIT: Fixed it, nevermind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum