Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:33 am
All times are UTC + 0
Mental Omega - Recruitment Thread
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [59 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject:  Mental Omega - Recruitment Thread
Subject description: Testers, mappers & building artists needed.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by Speeder on Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:30 pm; edited 7 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wrote to u at msn, u know me Smile.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh, cool.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love to help, but I already have way too many projects I have to do stuff for, but can't do due to time shortage (and my own projects).

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm still always available if you need a Beta Tester, I had asked also before prior... and the offer still stands.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good luck with your projects Dutchygamer!

Noodles, you know, your case is getting more and more complicated every day. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
m7
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd offer miscellaneous help, but I'm sure your team hates me anyways.

I hope Mental Omega gets what it needs from the last real hub of Command and Conquer modding.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd love to help map for you guys, but I'm really busy in University and usually what remains of my free time goes to mapping for TI. If you are in bad need of mappers, however, maybe I could be of irregular assistance (meaning don't expect anything from me by date X).

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We've had words of the reconstruction of the stock buildings, but as I have no creative part of my brain left its not something I can do.

~Now if someone could help create a new style to the buildings (drawings, whatever), then I'd be all for creating a whole side's worth. I may not be dependable, as we all know, but I can pop out a structure or five before I sink back into depression Laughing .

(I'm never doing a real-life structure again, as I need to take pictures of them myself #Tongue )

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could totally revamp the tech structures #Tongue

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
We've had words of the reconstruction of the stock buildings, but as I have no creative part of my brain left its not something I can do.

~Now if someone could help create a new style to the buildings (drawings, whatever), then I'd be all for creating a whole side's worth. I may not be dependable, as we all know, but I can pop out a structure or five before I sink back into depression Laughing .

(I'm never doing a real-life structure again, as I need to take pictures of them myself #Tongue )

The European Alliance & the Russians could use an updated version of the Tech Center's from RA1. Aside from that, guess you could borrow some elements of design from Tiberian Dawn,Sun,etc on some other buildings.

I could also help with making concept sketches (Mind you i think they're a bit messy... I think)

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always wanted to be in your team but I am already engaged in other project,anyways I can offer you this model I am confident that Imp_Rulz has the right skilles to countinuou it if you wish to adopet it (also thanks to starkku for fixing the flaws of the model).This could be used as a Psi crops Vortex tower (mini super weapon that uses the same weapon as libra) or just a huge Plasma/Railgun tower 2x2 heavy defence simllaer to the GrandCannon.

test.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  292.68 KB
 Viewed:  19446 Time(s)

test.png

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m7 wrote:

Why so negative? Confused

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 wrote:
m7 wrote:

Why so negative? Confused

He commented about Azri's Voxels. Got Flamed by some people.

Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't see how getting in a short argument with two people is getting flamed. Confused

Please stay on-topic.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know Speeder would appreciate any help, but time constraints as well as having all the fields I excel at covered are why I can't really offer help. I've tried mapping for Speeder, and I just can't sit down and crank them out like I would need to. I also am a terrible beta tester (again, time constraints and failures in the past) so I'm just wishing the team the best.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Feel like converting lots of png renders to shps?

Because I'm cranking out png renders by the dozen #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you recall the conversation we had regarding maps a few months ago? I'd still be up for that now that I finally have my RA2 and YR working again.

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Feel like converting lots of png renders to shps?

Because I'm cranking out png renders by the dozen #Tongue

Can't some sort of batching-program made that task simple?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't remember, and have never bothered to learn.

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BulkFileRenamer by Bexonsoft is a free ware you could use. Small and simple utility.
For example, if you have:
frame001.png
frame002.png and so on, SHP Builder wont be able to export those into a shp. But you could use the tool I mentioned earlier, you could rename them to
frame 0001.png
frame 0002.png, so shp builder and xcc can recognize and convert them to a shp in one click.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TY. Smile
I think that concludes our offtopicness.

Vladimir
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Mental Omega 3.0 - Recruitment Thread Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:

Beta Testers

After godonlyknowshowmany staff-only betas, I thought that we could use more testers. While I've considered a public beta release, at this point the mod is still not as complete as I'd want a first public release to be. Ares 0.2 isn't even out and without save/load function, most people probably wouldn't even complete missions which is what we need done in a beta test too.

So, if you think you can help with finding bugs and balance issues in the current 3.0 beta, play multiplayer matches with others, go and register on the Revora forums and PM me.
You will need a Revora account for beta.

Because of some issues we had during the 2.5 tests, newcomers i.e. unknown people will not be able to participate at this point. I'd like to hear from people that we know and can trust first.

I encourage testers to visit our IRC channel: #menthosogma @ Rizon, to get in touch with staff and testers and arrange online tests. If you're interested in the beta, please visit too.

Mappers

While we have plenty of skirmish maps already, in the nearest future we'll most likely have to heavily improve them. At the moment there are two people working busy with missions, so assistance from good mappers from PPM would be appreciated.

Building artists

We don't have any plans as ambitious as replacing stock RA2 structure for the Allies, Soviets and Epsilon, however we could use several new buildings for those sides, esp. defense structures, and some new neutral/civilian buildings.

Other

If you want to help us in any other way, please message me.

Website - http://mo.cncguild.net/
Forums - http://mo.cncguild.net/forum
IRC - http://mo.cncguild.net/chat (browser-based)

Hey, what do you guys need in terms of audio and sound?

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

love mental omega since the early betas, the best and most complete RA2YR mod out there, i can't really help since i never modded RA2YR but i cheer for you ! speeder speeder! yay! #Tongue

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Mental Omega 3.0 - Recruitment Thread Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vladimir wrote:
Hey, what do you guys need in terms of audio and sound?

Well, we'd like to at least partially replace voices we use from other C&C games and perhaps add some voices to the missions, to reduce the amount of information we have to give to the player via text messages.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could donate my voice, I recently got a really good gaming headset by Razer. I have been wanting to do some voiceovers to be featured in mods, so maybe I can help out there.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try to record something then. You know, some random RA2 unit lines for a test. The biggest issue is always making new voices with the rest though.

Vladimir
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:
Try to record something then. You know, some random RA2 unit lines for a test. The biggest issue is always making new voices with the rest though.

I've got a studio so can provide top quality recordings. Only problem is I'm really busy at the moment, when is the next beta due?

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's lots of time before that happens.. well, at least a public one.

Vladimir
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:
There's lots of time before that happens.. well, at least a public one.

Right cool, I'll contact you then. Perhaps I may be able to provide some assistance.

secondwtq
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I would like to get a job of building artist. I never made a building of RA2 style yet (I mainly concentrate on Tiberian style before) but I can have a try.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shameless bump. We need voice actors too, but I presume it's not something we should be looking for on PPM. I've made a recruitment page on our website.

Assistance in other fields is still very welcome. Thanks to Cesare, Orac and Gangster who responded to our message. Smile

Vladimir
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:
Shameless bump. We need voice actors too, but I presume it's not something we should be looking for on PPM. I've made a recruitment page on our website.

Assistance in other fields is still very welcome. Thanks to Cesare, Orac and Gangster who responded to our message. Smile

I can voice act no problem and I have professional audio equipment.

Add me on messenger - vlad06@gmail.com

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd be interested in Voice Acting although I don't know how useful a strong New Zealand accent would be.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right I'll give it a go.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All right, we're in need of additional beta testers. PM me or mail me at mental.omega.apyr@gmail.com if you're interested.

There's a catch though - we need testers for multiplayer matches, so if you can't do this, don't bother. The 'familiar people only' requirement still stands.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PM-ed.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We're looking for another mission scripter. Not designer, just scripter. You won't have to do the terrain because we have a person who's very passionate about this Smile (and we have all map layouts done for Act One). One more person who'd be able to code missions would be welcome. We have 25 missions scripted but there are still some to be done.

Also, I thought I'd simply say what we need atm instead of just telling what kind of people are needed. For example, we're looking for someone who'd be interested in creating a new sidebar (or three) for Allies, Soviets or Epsilon.

PM, reply or send e-mail to mental.omega.apyr@gmail.com if interested.

If you need to find out more about the upcoming version 3.0, check our website.

Aidhus
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sent you a gmail message!

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not sure if I got it.

New units need new voiceovers and we've got plenty. Of units. We don't want to reuse voices from other C&C games like we did in 2.0, so we need your help.

If you're interested, read the short announcement at http://mo.cncguild.net/

Lines for units which require voiceovers will be available to the public. You can also suggest yours. The current base is available at this location: http://mo.cncguild.net/voices

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could do building design (I do something similar in my job), for what that is worth, but I propably cannot do the SHPs myself. If anyone is good at creating building SHPs, but is short on ideas for _what_ to exactly create, you could maybe put my skill to use. If you want me to sketch something up for you - just let me know how you would vaguely like it, and I'll get to work.

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, I'm here to tell you a little secret. We have a release candidate ready and we want to check if it's launching properly on various system / Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge setups.

If you want to give it a try, send me a PM on Revora forums. You need an account there anyway. Join us on our IRC channel too.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On one hand I want to help you guys test this, but on the other I know its only because I want to play MO so badly after seeing all those streams lately. I'm not sure if I'd be a good tester for this reason Confused

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not a call for more beta testers, it's a call for people who'd like to play it before the official release. I need this to confirm that the mod installs and launches properly on various systems (especially win7 and win8) and YR versions (original, The First Decade, The Ultimate Collection). If you intend to play the mod post-release you might as well request the release candidate. Smile

Last edited by Speeder on Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In that case I'll skip, as I reckon you would have enough testers who run MO with the original YR (as I do).

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HOLY SHIT IM PM'ING YOUR ASS RIGHT NOW SPEEDER.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Several people have already received the beta for a pre-launch test. If you're interested, PM me on Revora or join us at http://mo.cncguild.net/chat (#menthosogma@irc.rizon.net).

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll wait for the full release I guess. Three weeks of extra waiting don't care that much now the release date is known #Tongue

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We need someone with The Ultimate Collection version of Yuri's Revenge to confirm whether the current beta works properly with it. Meet us at http://mo.cncguild.net/chat

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon