Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:12 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Screenshots
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject:  Screenshots Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, here are some screenshots from the newest beta of the mod. Still lot of stuff to do (especially for buildings), but it's progressing.

I'll add more screenshots later.

Here we go:

scrn0026.jpg
 Description:
screenshot from a skirmish game nod vs nod
 Filesize:  147.87 KB
 Viewed:  7749 Time(s)

scrn0026.jpg

scrn0001.jpg
 Description:
a screenshot showing some GDI stuff
 Filesize:  144.13 KB
 Viewed:  7751 Time(s)

scrn0001.jpg

snap13.jpg
 Description:
New art for ion cannon beam
 Filesize:  13.32 KB
 Viewed:  7745 Time(s)

snap13.jpg

cursors.jpg
 Description:
Special action cursors (superweapon targeting and deploying)
 Filesize:  2.44 KB
 Viewed:  7744 Time(s)

cursors.jpg

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks good
however I think u should remove the black outline on some of the new structures

it makes them look cartoony rather than how they looked in TD Wink

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes but the rest look VERY promising... how did you do the brilliant buggy??

And btw, the GDI tanks voxels need to have Normals i think

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you can download that Nod buggy from most RA2 modding websites

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC the buggy is done by Godwin, and you should d/l the pack where someone resized all the RA2 infantry to TS size, it should help you out, the pack is located at Savage War.

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
looks good
however I think u should remove the black outline on some of the new structures

it makes them look cartoony rather than how they looked in TD Wink

Agreed, me and the other guy who's freshing up them also think so, but he hasn't been online for almost 2 weeks now.
But it will be changed, I hope he'll be back soon.

The DvD wrote:
Yes but the rest look VERY promising... how did you do the brilliant buggy??

And btw, the GDI tanks voxels need to have Normals i think

Yes, the buggy is the one from Godwin. It bases very much of the Renegade buggy, but it's truly great work (actually that's why I used it instead of making an own voxel Wink )

And yes, many of my voxels need a little normal improving and texturing;
but I made most of them from scratch and I'm not that experienced at texturing, and as far as I remember, when I made the GDI tanks the flyby normals for ts where still version 2 not 3, so I used ra2 normals.

And in the past weeks I just concentrated on the buildings, some other 2D art and sounds. I want to have everything in-game first before I start tweaking the voxels.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Buggy looks great
Command Center looks cartoony
Ion cannon is worse

Also instead of makeing the infantry and tanks smaller make the buildings bigger.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR wrote:
Buggy looks great
Command Center looks cartoony
Ion cannon is worse

Also instead of makeing the infantry and tanks smaller make the buildings bigger.

We're aware of the look of some buildings being too cartoony, will fix that.

But could you explain what you mean with "Ion cannon is worse"? Worse than what?

Also nobody said anything about making the infantry smaller.

And making the buildings bigger would surely look better, but for example the power plant image wouldn't fit into 2x2 cells anymore if it was made bigger, and who wants a cheap powerplant need as much space as the temple of nod or the construction yard? This could have a negative impact on gameplay, also the most left and most right cell of a p. plant at 150% size would look empty but be impassable (already tested that). And most buildings are already resized.

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i did said to get the resized versions of the RA2 infantry from a package which could be downloaded at Savage War.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I ment the RA2 units. How will the Airstrip work? and the airstrike?

IHM
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think the black lines look cool around the stuff, good look man

also how will you do the air strip

and lastly

FireStorm wrote:
i did said to get the resized versions of the RA2 infantry from a package which could be downloaded at Savage War.

i cant download the package, can you upload it here please.[/quote]

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

answer my questions

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR wrote:
answer my questions

sorry, wasn't online this weekend

TerroR wrote:
I ment the RA2 units. How will the Airstrip work? and the airstrike?

For the airstrip, I have something in mind, but I have to test it first, will do that the next few days.

atm I'm not sure how to do the airstrike; in TD it was only available in singleplayer or if you found crates; making the AI attack with bombers is no problem, but making it a suprweapon is tricky. I'll try to find a solution, but I can't guarantee anything.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I actually doubt both these 2 things are possible in TS.

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey forget resizing the infantry with some pack... just us the
PhysicalSize=.5 or smaller... and I assume you are going to make all the units smaller so that they are more like TD... which is something I've always liked was the smaller infantry, cuz they looked like they could actually fit in the vehicles around them.

As for the airstrike... I think you could... but it would have to spawn out of thin air...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eh??? physicalsize=.5 does not work... AFAIK

if the physicalsize= thingy works you wont have to resize .SHPs Infantry from RA2 for TS... Confused

the tag does nothing in TS, i think.... it works in RA2 for Transport use...

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

... oh... I thought I got it to work... maby I was wrong and thought I was right...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
snake-aries
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

excelent

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jokeman
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i know... but i don't like it very much
it looks like a cheap tattoo Very Happy

Natus
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Class stuff. I notice your using the RA2 Allied barracks, why not use C&C Jacks ones?

Have a looksee.

barrackscncjack.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.32 KB
 Viewed:  7469 Time(s)

barrackscncjack.JPG

Empire Earth: The AI doesn't build their bases in a logical fashion, but has superb offensive and defensive capabilities.
Red Alert 2: The development team was stoned during this part of the programming.

- Geekspeek

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Natus wrote:
Class stuff. I notice your using the RA2 Allied barracks, why not use C&C Jacks ones?

Have a looksee.

The screenshots are old, Jokeman is doing an excellent job remaking the TD buildings.

The problem with C&C Jacks barracks is that it was made for ra2 and would need to be resized. Also Jokeman has finished the GDI barracks (haven't seen them yet, will look at them within the next few hours)

Natus
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, just seeing if i could be of help. Wink

Empire Earth: The AI doesn't build their bases in a logical fashion, but has superb offensive and defensive capabilities.
Red Alert 2: The development team was stoned during this part of the programming.

- Geekspeek

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon