Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:35 am
All times are UTC + 0
[RA2/YR] Creating Cameos from Voxels for Voxel Units
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [55 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have my own method of making cameos, but I mostly work pixel by pixel for best results. For tiny boxes, they're very hard work. Shading is of course the most important thing.

I start by taking a screenshot of the voxel in the viewer in whatever direction I want the voxel to face, in TS/TI's case, the south west facing, and adding correct shading with the brightness and contrast tools along with the lasso (personal preference, even if it's not the easiest method).

Next, add extra details and emphasize the lights and glows, though it's best not to get too carried away, but with units like a flame tank, it can have some excellent results. Once I shrink the voxel, I do the major touch-ups there by sharpening it manually and adding any additional shading and detailing I see fit. Some of these took the best part of half an hour to create, but the results were worth it.

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Down right awesome cameos Aro

4StarGeneral wrote:
I CAN USE CAPS TOO, HOW DOES IT FEEL?

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whenever I create cameo's of any kind I always create them at a much larger scale than whats used. For TS I go 10x size at 640x480 and make all my shading and touchups. At this scale you can do it quickly and if you miss anything, its hidden once you shrink it down. Like aro does i also sharpen the image afterwords manually since scaling objects does blurr them slightly.

MI6007198920162000
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can you make the instructions a little bit detailed,  i mean where should i point and click?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think every necessary information is given.
-do edits in bigger image size before resizing down to cameo scale
-enhance brightness/contrast/shading (you know where the sun is coming from, so highlight the areas pointing to the sun and make the areas darker that point away from it)
-improve colors at your liking

What you want is a "how do i work with a graphic editor" tutorial and you can get that by using google to search for tutorials there.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon