Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:43 pm
All times are UTC + 0
'E3' Soviet First Mission
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [39 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dasfonia
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject:  'E3' Soviet First Mission
Subject description: It doesn't work.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe I've posted about this before a LONG time ago, but this map does not work when I've put it ingame it IE's.
After various fine tuning to the level's settings in Tags, Teams, Scripts, etc (VERY minor fixes may I add, in attempt to get this map to work). I've still encountered the Internal Error when it nearly completes loading the mission.

You can see an OLD video of it here, I have since then, fixed that error that popped up when saving the level:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZqE8xBv084&list=UUNMTwmviQKBceFkTMnhKYgw&index=2&feature=plcp [/youtube]

So I again hope that we can resolve this angering error and be able to play this map! Smile
Download the 'fixed' map here: http://www.mediafire.com/?rj73wz2pbvxaeoq

NOTE: I have all original INI files.

Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got it to work once, but only once with Ares and YR. It was pretty much unplayable due to the house settings, but it started with Conscripts being dropped left from the Washington Monument, then moving towards it. Never got input tho.

The first error I got was one that told me 'mdrods32.tem' was missing. I took a random .tem file and renamed it, that worked. After that I found tile errors behind cliffs and at the top. Yours has a lot of those:

Second error, checked by Graion, was caused due to memory allocating issues, or something. Best thing to do now is start the map from scratch, and then copy triggers, waypoints and all mission specific stuff.

Also, I noticed the prerelease screenshots showed buildings next to that soccer field so I changed that part a bit so it looks more accurate.

Original: http://www.ppmsite.com/ra2/archives/September%202000/Screen07.png

Dasfonia
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I knew about those tiles. I could fix those with no problems.

See, I have LITTLE experience with single player maps, I would not know how to "copy triggers, waypoints and all mission specific stuff". I've thought and dread of having to do this.

Also the getting no input should be a simple fix, I'd just copy the real first mission's starting 'give' control interface to player.

Do you think you could send me the files you made (including the map) so I can do tests myself?

Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You obviously didn't fix the tiles, if you did I wouldn't find them behind the damn cliffs.

If you can remake this map from scratch, without all prerelease shit that makes it corrupt, I'll fix the rest for you.
I tested it on YR, which has an extra house thus house triggers are messed up.

EDIT: Is PreRA2 for YR engine, or RA2? Cause you're using FA2 Yuri's Revenge, which sometimes changes things for YR.

Dasfonia
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I want it to remain compatible with Red Alert 2, but yes it will also be going in Yuri's Revenge as well for the mod as far as I know with what Brian would want.

My primary concern is it working with Red Alert 2.

Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well then, if you start rebuilding it in FA2 (NOT YR) than we should be fine, since no YR specific things can be added via FA2:YR. Porting it to YR isn't that difficult.

Dasfonia
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The editor will tell you if the map needs Yuri's Revenge to run the map when you save, it does not say that with this, so it's just fine.

Also I have in the settings for it to, "Only support original Red Alert 2".

Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dasfonia wrote:
Also I have in the settings for it to, "Only support original Red Alert 2".

I guess your mod doesn't add any stuff, but enabling that feature makes it ignore every modded thing in your game, so if you add a prerelease unit, it will not be loaded by FA2.

Dasfonia
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Comr4de wrote:
I guess your mod doesn't add any stuff, but enabling that feature makes it ignore every modded thing in your game, so if you add a prerelease unit, it will not be loaded by FA2.

Currently the mod is only .shps placed into the RA2 Folder.

Dasfonia
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Double Posting for the win.
I've updated the visuals a shit-ton, and I have fixed every tile error that is known on the map.

I guess you do what you need to do, please?
One thing I'm thinking of is fitting the exact events/ scripted actions from the release Soviet's 1st Mission, and fit them around this map remove/ cut events that do not exist in the 'E3' version.

I would love to have this feel as polished as possible.

http://www.mediafire.com/?73cofo4erwgqc77

Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Invalid or Deleted File.

As for the visuals, I fixed all the corrupted tyles on the map as well, but the error still occurs, that's why I said from scratch.

Dasfonia
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So if I started from scratch would you be willing to re-script the map? Doing what I suggested (above your post).

"... fitting the exact events/ scripted actions from the release Soviet's 1st Mission, and fit them around this map remove/ cut events that do not exist in the 'E3' version".

Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes.
And you want me to make the stuff from the current Soviet first mission to the prerelease version?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just out of interest

Is there any E3/Beta footage of this map?

Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dasfonia
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Comr4de wrote:
Yes.
And you want me to make the stuff from the current Soviet first mission to the prerelease version?

Yeah, make the level run like the real mission, not the same. Example: Maybe before the first Allied base that bridge could be destroyed, thus making Sofia say "We cannot let a mere bridge delay our conquest, order an engineer..." you catch my drift. Simple things like that, that make the map feel polished.

What should the Houses be with this new map? Or should I just leave it to be for you to do?

Other then that I just had my last day of school today, I'm ready to get started.

Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Leave it to me, don't make standard houses, just make the existing ones in this map as well.

Well, if you're done with school, I expect it in a few hours lol

Dasfonia
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Comr4de wrote:
Leave it to me, don't make standard houses, just make the existing ones in this map as well.

Well, if you're done with school, I expect it in a few hours lol

I don't quite understand, what do you mean by, "... just make the exsisting one in this map as well"?

Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The houses in that E3 map should be in the new map as well.

Dasfonia
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Comr4de wrote:
The houses in that E3 map should be in the new map as well.

How, and why?

I thought I was remaking the map from the ground up.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out how to do make houses, I'll create each house that is in the release map for the E3 map. They will have no differences what-so-ever, to make the copying/ making of the scripts much easier.

Dasfonia
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Again double posting, I will have the map done tonight as you said.

EDIT: As of 6:10PM Central Time I am at about 75% done, one island left, then buildings and then details, then the map will be ready to be shipped.

Dasfonia
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cock-a-doodle-do, triple posting time.

Here you go fully remade by hand everything is fresh and new, now bringing a ton more detail as well. Also if you notice like one part was shifted one spot to fulfill my OCD needs.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ukz6q3gt2ebyz5

Good Luck.

Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you test it on your end? I get an IE on startup, map loads (which it did not do before), when I see the battlefield for the first time it immediately crashes.

EDIT: OK, I see.. It's made for YR.

Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dasfonia
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW! Just being able to play this is amazing!

In all seriousness there are bugs, you are able to build all three types of engineers, you cannot garrison the two office buildings that you'd normally be able to garrison to destroy that one pillbox that is at the start of the Allied base with the Construction Yard, the Flak Traks appearing does not work, you cannot beat the mission due to it failing you for destroying the Pentagon. I thought I fixed the techlevel it's too high, it's supposed to be 2.

Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You cannot occupy anything cause you fucked up Neutral House, it is fixable, but I am not going to do it.

Ask Symphonic why, he should be able to tell you exactly why.

Dasfonia
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Erm, I used EVERY setting that Westwood used on their mission.

Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dasfonia wrote:
Erm, I used EVERY setting that Westwood used on their mission.

Nope, Westwoord did not have BadGuy1_,2_,3_ and Civie1_ house.
Besides, WW had Civilian1 according to the teamtypes.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know I'm late at seeing this thread, but E3 refers to pre-ra2 release right? like as in booth before original RA2 released? And I'm making the assumption this was the original map for first soviet mission before release which was altered.

I've got all RA2 and Yuri Missions working in my ARES mod, all 38 of them, with no issues. "I can even add remove new countries ETC without breaking anything in my mod." "Uses a different fix then Blades, no touching scripts etc, much simpler really."

If you got fixed tiled version of map, unedited ini settings in it, i might like try taking a stab at making it work, though it sounds like you guys might already have everything figured out. Also I'm not exactly sure about the details of its functionality of the source material sounds like you only had a limited framework to work with.

Anyways its a nice idea to bring back pre- release stuff, but how is pre release mission different from final release?

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eric, everything is working. But there are certain prerelease bugs as in EVA alerts etc. Besides that, the mission is very short and ztyping boring.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahhh nvm that then.

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Dasfonia
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Comr4de wrote:
Eric, everything is working. But there are certain prerelease bugs as in EVA alerts etc. Besides that, the mission is very short and ztyping boring.

Indeed it is. Smile

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EricAnimeFreak wrote:

I've got all RA2 and Yuri Missions working in my ARES mod, all 38 of them, with no issues. "I can even add remove new countries ETC without breaking anything in my mod." "Uses a different fix then Blades, no touching scripts etc, much simpler really."

Care to tell us the easier fix? Placeholder countries perhaps to avoid messing up the order?

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You guessed that one pretty fast blade. Easier to put in placeholders then screw with array for every map.

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How did you fix the animation list differences between RA2 and YR when WW messed up the order between them? I'm guessing you have still had to modify some triggers and other aspects of the maps to prevent crashes or glitches.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I referenced your work a lot Blade. When i was working on converting maps for use in my mod, I only knew of you and Dcoder being able to fix it, so I attempted to fix it using your method for my mod, luckily I managed to find a old copy of AS Beta which I knew you had worked on to fix campaigns for your own mod, since Docder had long lost the Pearl script to fix campaigns. But it was taking forever to do it through modifying scripts and was way to inflexible.

You definitely have my respect for your work on ra2 campaign conversion, and without referencing your work I probably couldn't have figured out a way to get it working for my Mod.

Now that you have mentioned it, I think I have overlooked animation list differences between RA2 and YR, which means I'll probably need to fix those... Sad but I've played all the maps and had no crashes, maybe i failed to notice a glitch tho. And yeah I had to modify stuff for ini, like clone labs for soviets etc.. Set the correct map load etc..

Do you know which animations were used by westwood in original ra2 and yuri maps? If I did maybe i could somehow reorder the list so that no modification would be needed, but most likely some animations will use same slots, so it probably won't work + break DL'ed maps, but i guess that would be okay with my mod.

Oh and for curiosity this is what my country array looks like in my mod.

[Countries]
0=Americans
1=Alliance
2=French
3=Germans
4=British
5=Africans
6=Arabs
7=Confederation
8=Russians
9=YuriCountry
10=GDI
11=Nod
12=Neutral
13=CACOUNTRY0
14=CACOUNTRY1
15=CACOUNTRY2
16=CACOUNTRY3
17=CACOUNTRY4
18=CACOUNTRY5
19=CACOUNTRY6
20=CACOUNTRY7
21=CACOUNTRY8
22=CACOUNTRY9
23=CACOUNTRY10
24=Special

My new sides use some of these slots, but are overwritten in map files, campaign maps have all been modified to use these new countries instead of countries like Bad_guys1.
If your interested in looking at how i modified the files Blade, I'd be happy to share my map files with you.

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Project beta, you mean... yeah, Wayback Machine has a download.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see, with your new array, you just needed to do a search and replace of a text string to match the existing array numbers in the triggers and such with the corresponding country. Certainly more straight forward than a script to parse and edit the trigger numbers.

Don't think you can get away with that for the animations though, the error is smack bang in the middle of the RA2 part of the list. Off the top of my head, the first ra2 allied mission has arrow anims that point at bridge repair huts and because the list is out, they point the wrong way.

I have far too many other interests these days to actually do much work on it, but at some point I do want to tidy up the project and package it for LaunchBase and Ares.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay here's a late response cause I finally decided to fix the Animations in my campaigns. Anyways in case anyone is wandering themselves.

First I found all animations used in campaigns using =1,41,0, as a keyword for all map files:

Lists campaign, then side, then which mission, then RA2 animation index, then index for yuri Animation index.

Original Camapign
Allied Missions

Mission 7
14=HEALONE
14=HEALONE

Misson 12
253=CHRONOTG
257=CHRONOTG

Original Campaign
Soviet Missions

Mission 1
479=ARRWSE
483=ARRWSE

Mission 9
0=TWLT100
0=TWLT100

Yuri's Revenge Campaign
Allied Yuri Missions

Mission 1
479=ARRWSE
483=ARRWSE

Mission 2
479=ARRWSE
483=ARRWSE

Mission 5
0=TWLT100
0=TWLT100

Yuri's Revenge Campaign
Soviet Missions

None........ wow westwood... No animations to help the soviets?

Anyways there you have it. Just search =1,41,0, in 2 map files and replace animations with correct indexes from yuri's animation List.

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [39 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon