Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Sun 3
Moderators: Aydra, Ever_Valiant
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject:  Tiberian Sun 3
Subject description: General Information and Features
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Command & Conquer - Tiberian Sun 3
by Aydra

Tiberian Sun 3 creates a new style of strategy and intense gameplay to the tiberium universe. The intention behind the mod was to improve gameplay and balance to have a more enjoyable experience. Many of the clunky units/structures have been remedied or replaced to ensure that all available units for both GDI and NOD were proficient. TS3 is a gameplay modification focused on action and utility, though some visual improvements were added, creating an enjoyable experience was the main focus. Each unit was modified to be completely unique, there are no two units that fire the same way or play the same role. New tactics were introduced such as kiting, burst damage, and stunlocking. Overall gameplay was increased to keep the player immersed and AI was improved to keep the action intense.

The Technology tree's have been reworked from the ground up and split into tech levels. Each tech level is balanced with the opposing factions equivelent tech level, making players who advance to the higher tech levels more powerful. A player which advanced to the third tech level will be more powerfull then a player that only has the second. To upgrade requires a large amount of funds and building time which could hinder the play if not done strategically.

GDI focuses on brute force and is strong but lacks utility as their weakness. GDI forces benefit well in groups where each unit uses its advantages to aid a fellow ally to overall increase both there effectiveness. Repair vehicles and medics keep ally forces alive increasing their sustainablity.

Nod is focused on utility using stealth, burst damage, and disables to defeat the enemy. Nod units have poor defensive capabilities but make up for it with utility and offensive damage. Mobile stealth generator and snipers make Nod a good choice on the battlefield.

Here is a list of improvements TS3 has to offer:
- Tiberium harvesting has been tweaked to make a more stable income.
- Increased the overall game speed by 20%. All units have had there movement increased to match the new pace.
- Removed the ability to Deform the ground with all weapons.
- Changed all lasers to use railgun style animation to prevent the game from crashing.
- Completely reworked Veterancy buffs and changed requirement from 5x to 3x.
- Many new maps with improved atmosphere.
- New weapons including animations, audio, and damage effects.
- New units for GDI and Nod such as the Oracle, Raptor, Parasite drone, and the Ghost.
- New Menu's and user interface improvements.
- Cameo's for new units and improved cameo's for existing units and structures.

And alot more will be added in the coming updates!

MODDB profile: http://www.moddb.com/mods/tiberian-sun-3

PPM forum: http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/index.php?f=865

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulations on getting hosted, and best of luck with this project. Smile

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why is this mod called 'Tiberian Sun 3' instead of 'Tiberian Sun 2'

only TS2 i know of is blubbs TS2 but thats known as TS Squared

Stealth Killer
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
Why is this mod called 'Tiberian Sun 3' instead of 'Tiberian Sun 2'

After The Dawn of Tiberian Age (CnC 1 for Sure) Command & Conquer 2 (Tiberian Sun) was launched. As this is likely a sequel to Tiberian Sun, So I think thats why it got named as Tiberian Sun 3 instead of 2.

Simple as that 2 + 1 = 3 Wink

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As I remember it the mod was called TS 2 but I told him about there being already a TS 2 mod so he went for 3.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
As I remember it the mod was called TS 2 but I told him about there being already a TS 2 mod so he went for 3.

I assume you mean TS² (TibSun Squared)

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the real reason for the name TS3 is that is like a 3.0 version.

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really want to get a name for my mod other than "3" but I have to get the forums, UI, banners and alot of ther things changed which might have been a easier thing early on in the mod. I'm also very picky on names and havent quite found one that fits.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Changing the forums is quite easy. Just tell me the new name. The problem is the UI, banners, etc.

Stealth Killer
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aydra wrote:
I really want to get a name for my mod other than "3" but I have to get the forums, UI, banners and alot of ther things changed which might have been a easier thing early on in the mod. I'm also very picky on names and havent quite found one that fits.

What About
Command & Conquer
Tiberium Reloaded

or
Command & Conquer
Tiberian Sun Reloaded

will look cool what you say.....

Banshee wrote:
Changing the forums is quite easy. Just tell me the new name. The problem is the UI, banners, etc.

UI and Banners wont be a problem if Hydra has sources (psd files)

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the name is fine to be honest, Reloaded would be the worst choice...

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally I'm not a fan of the name, but its not a big deal.
It just seems abit arbitrary ... like why 3... what happened to 2?

also
http://reloaded.cncguild.net/

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 got lost in the wild.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Poor Tiberian Sun 2.

Never stood a chance against the Fiends, Floaters and Visceroids.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberian Sun³ - Corn Harvest

Hydraw Art on Facebook

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 already exists, it's 2.03, the current version of TS.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, Tiberian Sun 2 is the Firestorm expansion.

Stealth Killer
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberian Sun 3 is Ok but what about if we change it to Tiberian Revolution or Tiberian Legacy or Tiberian Strike

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright I'll get a name or subtitle by next version, even if its just Tiberian Sun 3 - "subtitle". I do have all the source files for everything it's not too much a problem for me to change.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I heavily disagree. I love how clean the logo currently is, a subtitle would just ruin it.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let's agree to disagree. I'm with Graion.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how about heart of the farm?

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Stealth Killer
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
I heavily disagree. I love how clean the logo currently is, a subtitle would just ruin it.

I agree, It would be more than ruined if we add a subtitle thing to it

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#monalisa

revenge.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  569.28 KB
 Viewed:  17600 Time(s)

revenge.jpg

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon