Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:30 am
All times are UTC + 0
Question(s)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject:  Question(s) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Code:
MindControlAttackLineFrames
What is the function of this tag? Modenc isn't helping. And I can't do tests cause I'm not at home at the moment.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MindControlAttackLineFrames=20;gs how long to draw the act of mind controlling regardless of selection state

pretty much explains itself.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know it's kinda self-explanatory, but I don't know why I'm getting confused. #Tongue So, if I set it to some big number like 999999999999, it will take this much frame to load the mind control link?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quickest way to find out is to try it...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would love to try it myself, but I'm still not at home. Confused

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, it's just visual stuff. Tells for how many frames to display that line between controller and target that briefly appears when mind controlling something (not the line that's always drawn when you have a controller selected when it's controlling something)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you very much Starkku. That explains it. I thought it was for the mc-link that is always drawn when you select the unit. Would be nice if we could remove the link or replace it with a custom animation like in the pre-release screenshot. Confused

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Code:
TurretNotExportedOnGround
What is this and what is it supposed to do?

LH_Mouse
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TurretNotExportedOnGround= is loaded by the game but seems unused.

We will prevail!!!

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope it's okay to use this topic instead of making a new one.

Next question. After a coincidental testing, I found out that you can't get units from crates if you have 50 VehicleTypes existing on the map.
And by you, I mean you own them. Not sure about InfatryTypes though.
Tested in vanilla YR with Ares, no AI. Not sure if AI's units are also counted. Why so actually?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Graion. It will get a full rewrite in Ares right? Has it started?

And one more thing. What is the default value of CrateGoodie? Modenc says it defaults to yes.
I tested it by making that you can get just one unit from the crate, and I commented out CrateGoodie.
The game freezes and my laptop gets a massive lag. I'm assuming it defaults to no instead of yes.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could be... haven't checked it out. Maybe on a day I will.

No, rewriting crate logic haven't started yet... but I might start it due to either I hack the logic to madness to make it compatible with AE either I just rewrite it from scratch.

We'll see.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Code:
Bright=yes

ModEnc says that it's a weapon and warhead flag. But from my tests, it seems to only work on weapons.
Can I get confirmations? If I'm right, I'll edit ModEnc's info.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bright does actually work in warheads but its only apparent in limited applications and easily is missed, what I've noted and thus its use its not of major use in warheads.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In what condition do they work? Debris with warhead that has Bright=yes?

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope it's okay if I use my old topic. It's just a minor question so I don't want to make a new topic for it.

Was going through Deezire's AI guide and I was reading about scripts. Is it a must or is it okay if I do not use the numbering system that Westwood use? Can I just use the normal indexes without having any problems?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ScriptTypes have a list... and those hex strings are IDs, not indexes.

=======================

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Should've made myself more clear. I meant the buildings' numbering system used by the scripts. Not the IDs. For example;

Code:
[ID]
Name=
0=58,0

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, that.

DCoder wrote:
AI:
Script Actions:
Attack Enemy Structure, Move To Enemy Structure, ChronoSphere to Enemy Structure, Move To Friendly Structure:
argument is the building's index in the [BuildingTypes] list, with one flag having four possible values:
Values:
Value 0 - pick structure whose position poses the least threat
Value 1 - pick structure whose position poses the most threat
Value 2 - pick structure which is closest to you
Value 3 - pick structure which is the farthest away from you
In hexadecimal, the result is argument = flag * 0x10000 | buildingIndex.
In layman's terms, at first the argument is the building's index. Add (Value * 65536) to the index to get the final argument you should use. This sets a theoretical limit of max 65536 (#0 - #65535) BuildingTypes in the game, should you feel insane enough to try that.

Don't forget, the index is meant as the index on the internal array.

http://forums.renegadeprojects.com/showthread.php?tid=938&pid=11476#pid11476

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I understand you correctly then no you have to use the WW numbering system.

The numbers used in the BuildingTypes list are not used by the game, they are just a reference to keep the inis tidy. When the game loads the ini files into memory it then creates it's own numbered list which it uses for things list the scripts.

For example the first building listed in the BuildingTypes could be blabla=GAPOWR etc but 0=58,blabla wont work, it has to be 0.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Both of you: I know the game uses it's own internal array guys. I think I've read almost all technical topics I can found. #Tongue

@Graion: Anyway, do the IDs have to be written in hex strings?

@Mig: So, I don't have to use the '131072 and the likes' plus the building's index system? Just use the building's index directly right?

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can just add the structure according to your BuildingTypes list, I do the same in missions.
The taskforce will however attack the one closest to it.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

do you mean that, for example, the allied construction yard is 1=GACNST on the [BuildingList], you must put in [ID]
0=58,0

and when you want the ai attack the soviet construction yard and is 58=NACNST in the [BuildingList], you must put in
[ID]
0=58,57

because as far as i know, the list starts with number 1, but when read by the ai or by the system, it starts with 0 right? Sorry for the confusing grammar. i make ai scripts like that and it works pretty well.

Correct me if i'm wrong

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Krow, no, the IDs are in decimal form.

@geof101, dump the BuildingTypes, that'll tell.... oh wait, you use NPatch. Yes, the internal array starts with 0, not 1. (That's why I sometimes dump types using Ares and replace my arrays with the dumped... it makes me sure I always have the correct indices)

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Graion: Now I'm starting to hate those IDs cause they're confusing me. #Tongue Can I just write anything I want for the IDs? For example;

[GRAION-G],[MOSTAFF],[MESUCKAI] and crap like that?

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can use any text you please more or less for TeamType/TaskForces/Scripts/AItrigger IDs, Westwood decision to use that particular hex string style may have been intentional to keep the IDs from being repeated accidentally by dumbhead AI writers or simply feature of the tool they used to build the AI ini Very Happy

As long as all are properly added to lists and linked, they work just fine generally.

Else references to buildings and such tend to be by index system, generally indexing is basis for a lot of things in the game and why it epicly fucks up too when modded/altered.

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

for me, i use the names of tank or codes for teams, like when the teams are composed of tesla tanks, i use [TESLTANK-A] for task force, B for scripts, and C for team. that way, it's not that confusing, well for me
but, does it really need an 8 character, a dash, and a single character? for the IDs i mean

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, total length is 23 characters, how you use it up does not make a difference.

=======================

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so i could just use even 3 caracters only?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea.

=======================

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That answers a question of myself regarding AI ID's pretty much. Thanks for clearing that one up Smile

PePsiCola
Cyborg Specialist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm actually surprised you guys didn't realize it...remember Banshee's tutorial about it? #Tongue

I mean, here's snippets of what I have for taskforces, scripts, teams, and AI Triggers. They all work.

Code:
; Some taskforces
172=GERMANS
173=AMERIS
174=STALKER
175=SIEGEC
176=BRIALTM
177=BRIALTH
178=PBOMBER
179=SNUKEM
180=SNUKEH
181=PFRTL
182=AMINFE
183=JUGGTEAM

; Some scripts
88=CUBBOMBERS
89=CUBBOMBERA
90=AIRALL
91=BIGTEAM
92=AIRASSAULT
93=PRIFLOAD
94=DESOSAB
95=BEAGFS
96=GSHIPINF

; Some teamtypes
178=BRIEASY
179=BRIMEDI1
180=BRIMEDI2
181=BRIHARD1
182=BRIHARD2
183=KOREASY
184=KORMEDI
185=KORHARD
186=AMEEASY
187=AMEMEDI
188=AMEHARD
189=COMANCHES

In other words, I think custom IDs work just fine Smile

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know there is one, but I can't seem to find it. And just can't be arsed to find it. #Tongue

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of course they work just fine, its just some of us knew it didn't matter much what they had but most draw conclusions wrongly from what Westwood did.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
Of course they work just fine, its just some of us knew it didn't matter much what they had but most draw conclusions wrongly from what Westwood did.

During editing of the TI AI I ran into the funky bug that FUBAR'd the whole AI, and I was using custom ID's. After trying all kind of fixes, this was one of the remaining things that was to be considered 'odd'. If everything else fails, you will begin to doubt the slightest changes I made. Of course, looking back I know it shouldn't have mattered, as my TS/RA2 AI uses a lot of custom ID's. I began to doubt again when I read some stuff on ModEnc, so I wanted to make sure what was correct Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon