Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Preview of new TSTW map with HIGH detailing; GDI lightpost
Moderators: The DvD
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject:  Preview of new TSTW map with HIGH detailing; GDI lightpost Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm kinda finished on my new TSTW map, called "Cracks in the Sand".

I'm aiming for the highest detailing ever done in a TS map, and my goal is to prove that TS can be a very nice looking game with great atmosphere.

I've also finished my large lightposts, finally remembered they weren't done yet Wink

BTW the general idea of the map is that it's a large, dried (like a desert) crater in an otherwise futile land; parts of the map are HEAVILY infested with tiberium (again, highest possible detailing and lighting effects) and alse feature new Tiberium plants (like the ones i've shown before)

image1.jpg
 Description:
"Cracks in the Sand" with light post OFF..
 Filesize:  511.78 KB
 Viewed:  27729 Time(s)

image1.jpg

image2.jpg
 Description:
..and with light post on.
 Filesize:  588.85 KB
 Viewed:  27791 Time(s)

image2.jpg

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

impressive! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Captain Sword
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What's the difference?

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would you rather look at TS playing this map, or Grand Canyon???

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

/me *looks at these screenies*
* then, looks at Grand Cannyon *
*then, again, looks at this screenies (gets impressed again) *
* then, finally, looks at Grand Cannyon again *
* /me have a huge laughing crisis *

Captain Sword
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
Would you rather look at TS playing this map, or Grand Canyon???

How would I know. I haven't seen the whole map.BTw what's with you can Grand Canyon? You're always all over it's nuts.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's the first map you see when you start a skirmish or multiplayer game. He must be pisses off with it?

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If he dislikes it so much why dont he remake it? It would be easy for some one as good as him. Even a small improvement would be nice.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no terror he just doesn't like the undetail he already admitted it is a good gameplay map

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol yes i admitted that... I do have plans to remake it but not for TSTW as it would delay TSTW release even further.

BTW Tiberiumsun.com is having problems....

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TSR has a fixed version of grand cayon which gives the civilians offmap powerplants so that the SAM sites top right actuallywork (something that always annoyed me)

btw thedvd could we have a minimap prevew of cracks in the sand

i dont like grand cayon too much either for 2 reasons

1. Its very undetailed
2. Im bored to hell with it as its the map ive done 90% of testing for TSR on (as its convienent)

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

funny thing is the minimap looks really bad..

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

probably because of the rough overlay uve used the minimap probably draws it craply (at a guess i would say it shows up as black), still id like to see it Smile

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the layout is symmetrical... do you hate me now?? Razz

(although Tiberium Valley is also symm)

Captain Sword
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Symm=yawn fest

Godwin
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can the tileset be edited in TS? why dont you just do that and make a variety of more detailed terrain tiles?

The DvD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well you seem to be the great artist here (heard that somewhere)... it would take me too much time.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
can the tileset be edited in TS? why dont you just do that and make a variety of more detailed terrain tiles?

Exactly the same as in RA2
It can be edited
It would be extremely time consuming and difficult

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...not in the last place cuz the tiles need to be seamless..

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok so Sk8erkid is crazy enough to make some new tiles for TS.... but i cant get them into FinalSun.. and i know i already posted this in Editing forum but its still screwing up, any ideas?

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
TSR has a fixed version of grand cayon which gives the civilians offmap powerplants so that the SAM sites top right actuallywork (something that always annoyed me)

No power plants in that map... The invisible green light posts generate power.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
AlteredFreak
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

since TSR is also working on this site why not ask them for a copy of thier light post(its almost the same expect it a bit more detailed) and all you will have to do is ask them(which fits your lazyness quite well Laughing Laughing )

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

? TSR has a lightpost, so do i, so i don't see the problem?
TSR has no new terrain yet with the exception of some new road pieces.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
since TSR is also working on this site why not ask them for a copy of thier light post

Whos TSR
and Whos them ? Question Confused

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok he meant you, Smiffgig, Mr. one man Tiberian Sun Retro team. The thing is you're not, FS at least is part of your team.

Smiffgig, will you please drop this whole attitude, it is really getting annoying. You did do most of the work, but several other people have contributed as well.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
AlteredFreak
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Confused Confused I know you didn't make THAT good of mod all by your lonesome
(its sucide) and beside Tiberuim SUN RETRO has a very good light post(well i like) and your light post compared to TSR's light post kinda sucks

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Smiffgig, will you please drop this whole attitude, it is really getting annoying. You did do most of the work, but several other people have contributed as well.

funnily enough it aint that great, after spending months and months of work on a mod which has dedicated my life for the last couple of months (sad but its true) and then to have a whole C&C community not credit you for it, but credit some mysterious make believe team called the "TSR Team" in which only me and FS exsist(in reality). There have been many great contrubutions to TSR from members of the community which I am of course grateful for but this doesnt make up a fully organized and working team (or anything near) just contrubutions.
When TSR was on PC Gamer I didnt even get credit, for my own mod!

But hey, i leave it at an end, a cliff hanger (so to speak)
My ranting and raving and feeling sorry for myself (as some would like to percieve it) will stop here... as well as other things Smile

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well you are the leader of the "TSR Mod Team". I'm not too surprised PC Gamer didn't include names.

SMIFFGIG wrote:
... will stop here... as well as other things Smile

*raises eyebrow*

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

smiff, its much easier to say 'the TSR team' then saying smiffgig, not all people know mods by their creator and to save confusion its just easier to say it. And YOU are the team so why does it matter if we say team or not? just because everytime someone says TSR your name isnt in brackets mext to it doesnt mean you arent rceiving credit

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlteredFreak, i know the TSR light posts, in both snow and temperate it's white.. somehow i don't like that, so i made a brownish light post for temperate maps. (like they were in the TS beta screenshots)

btw....Smile

"hey that's funny, i see little -X- buttons at the top right corner of every post... what would it do? Razz"

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dvd i made a Brown and a White version of the lamp post!!!??

Note the brown temperate light post

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm it's alright i remember another one. forget it. it's uninportant..

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
"hey that's funny, i see little -X- buttons at the top right corner of every post... what would it do? Razz"

that would delete the post Razz

it's your mod, so you are a moderator for this forum.

The DvD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kravvitz wrote:
The DvD wrote:

that would delete the post Razz

it's your mod, so you are a moderator for this forum.

Well.... DUH!! I was just kidding..

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

imo, that's a handy button if your'e a moderator...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon