Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:29 am
All times are UTC + 0
Full Combat Load
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Halcyon87
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject:  Full Combat Load Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a three tier question. This is for a mod but a mod I don't plan on sharing to the public just yet. All three are code related.

Question one is for the Emperor Overlord and the Assault Helix. I'm trying to have the Emperor Overlord come with the bunker and gattling cannon upgrades since the speaker has automatically came with it.

I also like to know how to do the same thing with the Assault Helix by letting it start with the propganda speaker and gattling cannon along with a battle bunker.

Question two is how to have the Assault Helix have an initial payload of 4 tankhunters and the Combat Chinook with 4 Missile Defenders.

Question three is how to make infantry immune to damage garrisoned in the Firebase but not immune to garrison clearings. This also includes a question how to make garrison clearings one infantry at a time instead of one fell swoop. Like one flashbang attack cannot clear a whole building full of infantry.

Thank you for your time.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1a) not entirely sure if you can make it have both. Both the Gattling Cannon and Bunker (and Speaker Tower for normal Ovvies as well) are seperate 'structures' being 'carried' by the Emperor. Afaik you can only have an unit carry 1 structure on itself, although I haven't tried it much myself.

1b) you can make it start with a Speaker Tower and Bunker, and have the Gattling Cannon be the upgrade (by moving the Speaker Tower and Bunker related code to the Helix self), but letting it start with the Speaker Tower and Gattling Cannon, and having the Bunker as an upgrade is harder to do, as you get the same problem as 1a.

This problem with 1a and 1b is the fact that you CAN make an unit start out with a Speaker Tower and a Bunker, but you CANNOT make an unit start out with a Gattling Cannon, as that one requires a seperate 'structure', where for the other 2 it is mostly only a visual upgrade.

2) I suggest you look at the Troop Crawler / Assault Troop Crawler code: it should have a Module that does that Wink

3a) again, I suggest looking at the Fire Base code. There should be a Module that defines which damage the structure absorbs, and which damage it passes on to it's occupants.

3b) this is in the code of the projectile of the specified weapon. There is a module that defines how many units are cleared with each projectile. Lowering this value lowers the amount of units cleared.

Halcyon87
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried tinkering with the codes for the Overlord and the Helix a while ago and so far I'm not getting any results. While on the Overlord I'm getting both the bunker and the speaker tower but when I upgrade for the gattling cannon the bunker goes away. The same problem I have with the Assault Helix except the speaker tower goes away when I upgrade to the gattling cannon and vice-versa.

I like to know if anyone around here knows the codes really well because this has become a major headache for me.

Thank you for your time and I got the issues resolved with a little trial and error.

Halcyon87
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-Bump!-

Anyone else?

Mav.EricK
a.k.a SuperMario649

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Be happy to know that I previously made the emperor have all three upgrades (Bunker-Gattling-Propaganda Tower) all together when it is built.

However, you can only have 1 structure on 1 unit at a time.

The way I did it was simple, the Emperor starts with the gattling cannon, so I went to the Infantry generals Assault troop crawler, and copied the code of the passengers (this also has the answer to having a payload of infantry start with the vehicle).

I pasted the code I copied, and gave its module tag a new unused number, then I returned into the assault troop crawler and copied the propaganda module tag, pasted it in the emperor, gave it an unsed module tag number.

That's all there was to it.

Bad point: You don't get the bunker nor the propaganda drawn on top, just the gattling, but all works, if you know how to make .w3d for Generals, consider combining the models to fix this issue.

Note:
For the helix, it might not work if you copy a vehicle's module tag, so try copying from other helixes.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=458275#458275
=======================
Donut Arnold's great templates for TS and Ra2
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=43817

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mav.EricK wrote:
Be happy to know that I previously made the emperor have all three upgrades (Bunker-Gattling-Propaganda Tower) all together when it is built.

However, you can only have 1 structure on 1 unit at a time.

The way I did it was simple, the Emperor starts with the gattling cannon, so I went to the Infantry generals Assault troop crawler, and copied the code of the passengers (this also has the answer to having a payload of infantry start with the vehicle).

I pasted the code I copied, and gave its module tag a new unused number, then I returned into the assault troop crawler and copied the propaganda module tag, pasted it in the emperor, gave it an unsed module tag number.

That's all there was to it.

Bad point: You don't get the bunker nor the propaganda drawn on top, just the gattling, but all works, if you know how to make .w3d for Generals, consider combining the models to fix this issue.

Note:
For the helix, it might not work if you copy a vehicle's module tag, so try copying from other helixes.

That's pretty much what I meant. You can get it to work, but it won't look nice. For that, you need to edit the model itself.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, about the damage to the garrisoned in the fire base... The fire base is a so-called hive structure, that allows the infantry to be seen standing in the structure. The little disadvantage this brings is that the infantry can be damaged by splash damage weapons, and can be targeted directly.

The only way you could solve that would be by making the fire base a bunker.

As for the garrison clearance, every garrison clearance weapon has a line in the code of either the weapon or the weapon object that defines the number of garrisoned troops that are killed per shot.

Mav.EricK
a.k.a SuperMario649

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bumping this.

About the hive structure and all, there was a way, but it causes your units to kill themselves and the structure they're in, unless their projectile passes through buildings, also, if the enemy has a projectile that can pass through walls or has spread damage, it'll hurt the troops inside.

I've achieved the effect through editing the .w3d by simply adding "Windows" to the model that block the path of enemy projectiles, and moving the position of the soldiers into higher positions where normal enemy fire would hit the "windows" and not the troops, the result being my rocket troopers firing at themselves and the buildings they are in.

I modified the geometry settings on the building to make projectiles pass through it, but now any enemy weapon will hit both the troops and the buildings.

I know all of the above was useless, but just confirming this "Possiblity".

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=458275#458275
=======================
Donut Arnold's great templates for TS and Ra2
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=43817

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon