Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:42 pm
All times are UTC + 0
C&C Alliances
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject:  C&C Alliances Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is any one else playing this? I think i have been playing for a week now. I know its a little late, but I thought what the hell I will give it a try. I will say its pretty fun.

Check out my base's. Razz I just got my 2nd base up today. I don't have any attacking units yet as I think I am just going to use it as a resource base.

cncallbase.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.06 MB
 Viewed:  2558 Time(s)

cncallbase.JPG

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been playing it for awhile now. I have 4 bases on the USA East Coast server. Just got my 4th a little while ago. I always thought 'yea i'll just use it as a resource base' but the 2nd and even 3rd base come in handy due to the fact that as your army grows in a base...it starts consuming repair time like no other...and so you need a 2nd army with it's own repair time to make sure you can effectively use all your command points. And...when you start hitting Forgotten Bases...you'll more than likely need 2 armies to make sure it goes down at least at first.

I might take some pics later of my bases to show ya mine.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOOT!!! Just got my 3rd base yesterday!!!!

madhqbase.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  237.41 KB
 Viewed:  2505 Time(s)

madhqbase.JPG

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks great for a social game, but hell, I can't wrap my head around how it works.

Strelok
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm impressed that there's finally a C&C MMO... However I don't like how the developers messing around with this. I'm playing this about a month and I have to say you're really need P4F funds to progress once you've reached lvl14 which is pretty stupid IMO.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Strelok wrote:
I'm impressed that there's finally a C&C MMO... However I don't like how the developers messing around with this. I'm playing this about a month and I have to say you're really need P4F funds to progress once you've reached lvl14 which is pretty stupid IMO.

No you don't, you just need to keep moving towards the center as you level. And make sure you stick around Tunnel Exits so that higher level and more camps/outposts spawn. Then when you get to Bases you'll find that the amount of resources and research points gained is nice. Right now I get more from attacking a high level camp, outpost, and especially a base than I get from my tiberium and crystal packages and continuous productions.

About the only time I attack anything of a slightly lower level is when it has a crate. As crate bonuses go up for everything but command points the higher level you get.

At this point in time I have 5 bases working now on getting the last researchable offensive unit and then I'll probably focus on defensive research things. So it'll be awhile before I get my 6th base but with 5 bases I have yet to run out of ALL of their repair times before I run out of command points. So it works. In fact I keep 3 of my bases as my 'progressing' bases. Meaning they work on taking out forgotten bases and getting closer to the center. Meanwhile one base is permanently attached to a couple of POIs to gain extra benefits for my clan and the final one was on a 'kill all inactives' mission for awhile but since I no longer have any missions requiring PvPs (or any missions for that matter) It's going to be a POI holder too.
My bases and their base levels are as such
Holixe= 24 Asvetia=23 Yelcraz=20 Kalistia=19 Alcedonia 18

TAmainbase.png
 Description:
Fort Holixe
 Filesize:  2.16 MB
 Viewed:  2439 Time(s)

TAmainbase.png

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whats with the stars on the two level 25 rifle infantry?

And yes you gain allot more resources for attacking higher level base's regardless if you can destroy the whole base.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ wrote:
Whats with the stars on the two level 25 rifle infantry?

The stars indicate that i've researched their 'Smoke Grenade' upgrade. So when they encounter a defensive structure they temporarily disable it with a smoke grenade...that for some reason causes electrical pulse graphics on that structure....
So far the server/world i'm on only has like 4 upgradable units and most of them are expensive but that one wasn't. The other ones I can eventually upgrade are Pitbull (disables infantry temporarily) Zone Troopers (when hit they move faster) and Orca's (disables Vehicle units temporarily). The defense pitbull can also be upgraded that way too.

Forgot to mention currently on my server/world i'm ranked 625. Usually fluctuate around 620-640 area. Lowest i've ever been is 583 which was when I got my 5th base...but then they updated the server and changed some things...which made my player score go up but my ranking amongst other players went down.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are those upgrades worth researching?

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've only researched one so far. And so far i'm not that impressed to be honest.
I think the pitbull one might be worth it...as long as it disables when an infantry unit comes into their range and not when they get right up next to it. As then they could disable a Rocket Fist (anti-tank infantry) and not get destroyed by it. I think it's best to continue researching other things first although the Light infantry one didn't cost that much so it doesn't really hurt to research its upgrade.

I'm hoping that the other ones are better than the light infantry one...because some of them are damn expensive. I think the orca one costs more than it does to research the Sam Site defense....
I'll probably be upgrading my Pitbull in a week or so now that I just got the Kodiak...which is essentially a flying pitbull that's stronger. (same range, same speed, does more damage. as in a level 14 Kodiak does more damage than a level 18 pitbull)

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

double post. sue me

I just upgraded my offensive pitbulls to include their upgrades. It's suppose to disable infantry units. So far out of the 4 attacks i've used them since upgrading...it's not worth the research points to invest into until you've researched everything else and have quite a few bases.
It'd be more worth it if the Pitbulls could shoot it while shooting their normal attack as right now it only disables an infantry unit that it's attacking...so put a wall or a defensive structure in the path and it'll shoot the structures even if an infantry is killing the pitbull it won't shoot it's upgrade at them to disable them unless they are the only thing within range to shoot at. =/

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bump.

I've only recently decided to give Tiberium Alliances a go and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised. It's a lot more fun that I initially thought it was going to be, despite how they genuinely pester you to buy "Play 4 Free funds" (HAAAA!!). Only have a level 11 base up and running so far since I'm still new and trying to get my head around the best methods to play, though I'm already part of one of the top alliances apparently and making good progress (for less than a week of playing).

Anybody else still playing? Also, thanks for making me feel like a complete noob you two. #Tongue

Untitled.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  472.17 KB
 Viewed:  2300 Time(s)

Untitled.jpg

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lets say I want to start this game: how does it play?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It plays well, but it's kind of difficult to understand at first. If you want to pick up the pace fast (you REALLY don't need to spend a penny to get good momentum) your best bet is to place the first two harvesters on green tiberium fields and one on blue fields as without a good tiberium in-come, you won't get very far any time soon.

Use your command points wisely, each base/outpost/camp you attack gains you some additional resources which could be power, tiberium, blue crystals, cash or research points. It's up to you how you want to spend the research points, I'm still saving for the second MCV which takes a long bloody time. But the more forgotten you attack, the faster you can build up a good flow of income.

Blue crystals are the source for constructing an attack force whereas green is for constructing structures.

Rather than making an alliance, try to join an existing one, trust me, running one is hard work. >.>

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, I think my tactic of filling all green Tib Fields with harvesters wasn't a good one #Tongue I now have run out of structure points...

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the biggest things to always remember are:

1-the higher the level of camp/outpost/base, the higher the amount of resources you get from them...exponentially in some cases.
2-Destroying the defense facility stops base defenses from repairing on Camps and Outposts. (bases repair their structures thus their defense facility comes back and slightly repairs all defensive things too)
3-Destroying the ConYard = instant win. no matter how many other structures or units are left.
4-Crates are your friends even later in the game. I still attack low level camps just to get crates as they generate potential for gathering lots of command point crates so I can continuously attack a base or provide resources in a non-costly method so that I don't have to transfer 2million tiberium and pay 500k cash to transfer it from my top bases to my far away low bases.
5-You need a balance. Too many crystal harvestors and you won't have enough tiberium to ugrade your structures fast enough and if you don't upgrade key structures you can't upgrade your units. Too much tiberium and you'll be able to upgrade your structures but not have enough crystals to upgrade your units. Too many Vehicles and you'll run your repair time out fast. Same with Aircraft. Infantry are harder but can still do it too.
6-keep in mind of ranges and effectiveness. You don't have to bulldoze through everything...sometimes you can send a unit up on the other side of your main task force and it'll draw away some of the enemy defenses making it easier for your main task force to get to the key structures.

and like Aro said...you're probably better off joining a well established Alliance than trying to create your own. A well established alliance will already have many Point of Interests under their control and that means extra bonuses to your Attacks or Defense or resource productions. Not to mention people are more likely to leave you alone. Although some of those alliances have enemies too and since you're a low level you might get targeted often if you're near the enemy.

As for extra bases...I found (playing as GDI since Nod wasn't available when I started) that researching a few of the offensive things early made it easier to take out some camps and outposts which meant quicker/larger intake of resources from camps/outposts. So you might want to invest in some of the things before jumping straight to another base. My suggestions...if playing as GDI...Firehawks are incredibly useful and are a must have. Early on if you invest in the firehawks then there will be very little air defenses both from the Forgotten and from a lot of other GDI players. (I think Nod's basic tank has an AA attack)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still in a rather new world (European 48 ) and haven't found any Alliances. I currently have all Tiberium places occupied, and 1 Crystal place occupied. Maybe with my next base upgrade I'll invest in another Crystal harvester.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So... who of you are actually in an Alliance? I'm in one, but the leader is getting a bit too pushy for my likings; it seems we level up too slowly according to him. I find this annoying because I see this as a casual game, for which I log in once or twice a day to do my thing, and get out again, and not to play like I would with a normal game. I am not sure if I will stay if he stays this pushy Confused

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I run my own little alliance on my server/world. We have like 20 people in it...but maybe only 10 of us are 'active'. I don't hold too many demands just that everyone tries to log in and do stuff a couple times a week. If I see they are inactive for over a month I kick them out...unless they're holding onto a POI...then I keep them until someone destroys their base. lol

I've been asked to join many high ranking alliances..but I know they'll want me on 2-3 times a day and lately i've been flat out not logging in on Alliances.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Myeah, on one hand I like the security an Alliance gives, but on the other hand I want to do my own thing on my own speed, and not be pushed to do this and that. Hell, I'm losing my interest in this game because of that Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum