Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
The 0.2 release issue
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject:  The 0.2 release issue
Subject description: Also known as "why there is no final 0.2 yet?"
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As you all know already, 0.2 is in the works, with a release candidate popped up on 2012-07-07. There were already many cutoffs for this candidate in the first half of this year.

However, due to the loose amounts of feedback, 0.2's stability was a thing the developers couldn't agree upon. Feedback come concentrated around the issues (one found an issue, 2-4 confirmed, it got a fix, and the people confirmed the fix) but in most cases, no general reports have been made. On the other hand, it's true, there was no general, open-to-everyone place to post feedback to.

Since there are no trust in 0.2's stability, there were no release... yet. And that's why the release haven't happened yet. Currently the only general stability-test I know of (which almost could behave like a stress test) is Mental Omega's online beta testing. As it was said many times... the almost none amount of reported bugs could mean two things, A) there are no bugs to report and B) there are no testers who report. A) can be resolved with some people who report ther experiences, including how they managed to turn the engine into madness and it failed, and so on, so on.

I consider this place enough open for everyone to be the place of such positive or not-so-positive feedbacks.

The release candidate was since surpassed tho, the general feedback should be based upon latest version of the Fat Man branch, available on http://ares.strategy-x.com/unstable/ .

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From my experiences, non-online game is stable. The only bugs and crashes i was getting for some time now were because of mistakes or experimenting with non-Ares related stuff (stuff that causes crashes the game even without Ares).
Perhaps if i start using some Ares features that i didn't plan to at all, everything will go haywire, but as for now, it doesn't. #Tongue

As for online games, i can't really say much about Doom Desire, there aren't any online games going on (gee, i wonder why #Tongue ). All online tests i did were for MO, and as far as i'm concerned, all issues with online play were already reported. There were some random REs popping-out once in a while, but all should have been reported already.
And i think you can say yourself how stable (or unstable?) online gameplay is. #Tongue

The only issue that persists in both offline and online games (especially online) is crippling shp trailer lag that appears when many missiles are fired (and the more shp trailers the more lag). I don't know if it is something about how Ares handles shps, or just a side-effect of how much shp-handling code was added...

Natit_Titan
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When spy enter war factory, cameo PCX do not appear
But cameo SHP still appear

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Natit_Titan wrote:
When spy enter war factory, cameo PCX do not appear
But cameo SHP still appear

I think this could be a big problem with Ares having a forum like this

Maybe a specific topic should be made and stickied about regarding the bug report process (even if the information itself is duplicate, it would still get the point across).

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon