Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Restoring Boris' Old Airstrike Flare. [Ares Optional]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject:  Restoring Boris' Old Airstrike Flare. [Ares Optional]
Subject description: I'll point out the Target.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you've peeked into the SHP of Boris, you will notice he has a flare gun animation. Supposedly this was going to be used for his Secondary but was dummied out for some reason. This tutorial will restore it to working order.

First things first go to Boris Entry in Rulesmd.ini and add/replace the following tags to Boris.

Code:

Secondary=FlareGun; Flare
Deployer=yes
DeployFire=yes

Next we're going to make the new Flare Gun Weapon:

Code:

;Weapon
[FlareGun]
Damage=1
Range=12
Warhead=AirstrikeFlare
MigAttackCursor=yes
Projectile=BorisFlare
Speed=10
ROF=60
FireOnce=yes
Lobber=yes
Report=Flare

Next comes the projectile, This is the part where Ares comes in if you want the Flare to be red proper.

Code:

[BorisFlare]
Image=FlareProj
Arcing=true
SubjectToCliffs=no
SubjectToElevation=no
SubjectToWalls=no
AA=no

Now moving on to Artmd
Code:

[FlareProj]
Image=DRAGON
Trailer=REDSMOKEY2 ;Recolored Version of Smokey2 in red. (Ares Custom Palette)
UseLineTrail=yes
LineTrailColor=180,0,0
LineTrailColorDecrement=16

You can use SMOKEY2 for the smoke if you do not plan on using Ares.

And last but not least Boris' New Sequence:
Code:
[BorisSequence]
Ready=0,1,1
Guard=0,1,1
Prone=91,1,6
Walk=8,6,6
FireUp=169,6,6
Down=265,2,2
Crawl=91,6,6
Up=281,2,2
FireProne=217,6,6
Idle1=56,15,0,S
Idle2=71,20,0,E
Die1=139,15,0
Die2=154,15,0
Die3=0,1,1
Die4=0,1,1
Die5=0,1,1
Cheer=297,8,0,E
Paradrop=292,1,0
Panic=8,6,6
Deploy=404,1,0
Deployed=401,1,1
DeployedFire=305,12,12
DeployedIdle=401,1,0
Undeploy=404,1,0

And Viola. Your Boris now fires a proper flare. This also somewhat breaks Boris' Balance by allowing him to fire the flare then walk away. The Migs will still follow the attack sequence as long as Boris hasn't changed his target.

P.S. If someone can figure out how to allow a smoke particle to spawn on the targeted building. As well as remove the Laser Target Boris uses that would be a great improvement to this.

Key Words: #Tutorials #Modding #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge #Rules.INI #Art.INI 

Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh? Wouldn't SecondaryFire suffice? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Krow wrote:
Eh? Wouldn't SecondaryFire suffice? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

The Vanilla Game already uses Boris pointing with the Flare Gun as his Secondary Fire. This one makes it so Boris uses the unused Flare Gun firing animation. Since in the deploy idle is now the Gun Pointing that's pretty close.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see... You made him a deployer to be able to play the animation of the flare, clever!

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm honestly confused Jem. #Tongue Elaborate more please?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With Deployed Mode the Flare Gun held out would keep Boris facing wherever direction he fired. This tweak re enables the unused Flare Gun animation.

Think of it similar to the GI or Guardian GI, notice how they both have a directional facing while deployed and they do not change directions until they have a new target.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Besides that, they both have a deploy animation, like the GI throwing down sandbags (unclear, but noticable in the shp) I think Jem applied that Flare Gun animation as the deployanim.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A minor thing, but Image= does not work on Projectile art #Tongue.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah its just an instantaneous switch. The DeployFire is the unused Flare Gun Firing Animation. Otherwise his Deploy Mode is of him with the flare gun out as it was in Vanilla.

Really? Works for me. :/

I have cloned projectiles which use Image= Tag and they use the cited original images.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Jem: Thank you for enlightening me. #Tongue

@Starkku: Yeah, IIRC I have some of those too. And they work just fine? Or maybe something is wrong with your codes then. Although I doubt that. #Tongue

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Image= does not work on projectiles with Inviso=yes. #Tongue

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jem wrote:
If someone can figure out how to allow a smoke particle to spawn on the targeted building. As well as remove the Laser Target Boris uses that would be a great improvement to this.
You should do some experiments with this.
Code:
SpawnsParticle=
NumParticles=

Use a dummy invisible anim on the warhead that loops for a few times, use a suitable particle and number of particles it should spawn, that's it. I think you should experiment with the Z draw stuff too. The smokes might be rendered behind the building if you don't set them properly. Mig did this in D-Day for his supply drop building.

Btw Jem, say hi to the guys for me. I'm kinda busy so not gonna be on IRC for awhile. Confused

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wouldn't it be better to change the sequence? put SecondaryFire=305,12,12 so it will play the unused flare gun for it? it is commented out there at the artmd.ini. correct me if i'm worng

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

geof101 wrote:
wouldn't it be better to change the sequence? put SecondaryFire=305,12,12 so it will play the unused flare gun for it? it is commented out there at the artmd.ini. correct me if i'm worng

Unless FireOnce is added on the Secondary Boris will keep firing the flare over and over again. Also, Boris will change targets once he's attacked canceling the Airstrike.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC FireOnce on Flare Gun gives IE when Migs fly over the target.

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
IIRC FireOnce on Flare Gun gives IE when Migs fly over the target.

i've already tried it, and it doen's give an ie, only that it changes the target if ever an enemy is in sight or range like noodles said. is there anything that can be done to avoid this except making it deploysequence?

RIAKTOR
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How to make Boris with flare gun but without deployer logic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon