Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:00 am
All times are UTC + 0
voxel debris
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject:  voxel debris Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a little tip for new modders, adding a voxel debris to tanks, so when they are destroyed, they'll somewhat "throws" or leave debris flying in the air. Debris like their turret or body parts.

add your voxel anim to the list
[VoxelAnims]
xx=MYVOXELANIM

[MYVOXELANIM]
ShareTurretData=yes
ShareSource=MYTANK
Elasticity=0.25
MaxAngularVelocity=15.0
MinAngularVelocity=7.0
MaxZVel=30.0
MinZVel=26.0
MaxXYVel=12.0
Duration=300
ExpireAnim=MYANIM
Damage=30
DamageRadius=50
Warhead=MYWARHEAD

;your tank
[MYTANK]
DebrisTypes=MYVOXELANIM
DebrisMaximums=4
MaxDebris=1
MinDebris=1

if you want the body parts, you'll need to cut some parts of your tank voxel and save it using another file name. and add the Image= tag to your voxelanim and comment out the ShareTurretData= and ShareSource= tags

for example,
[MYVOXELANIM]
;ShareTurretData=yes
;ShareSource=MYTANK
Image=MYVOXELPARTS
Elasticity=0.25
MaxAngularVelocity=15.0
MinAngularVelocity=7.0
MaxZVel=30.0
MinZVel=26.0
MaxXYVel=12.0
Duration=300
ExpireAnim=MYANIM
Damage=30
DamageRadius=50
Warhead=MYWARHEAD

or you could just rename the .vxl and .hva to myvoxelparts

i'm sorry if it is confusing, anyone there who knows a better way for this? pls help

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This isn't really anything spectacularly new, as it has been done by few people in the past already.

Anyways, I don't think you want to use ShareSource. It basically has some issues that lead to IE's in certain, albeit not so rare circumstances. I would avoid it therefore. It also does not work at all (for turret/barrel sharing) if you refer to a vehicle using IsChargeTurret, such as Prism Tank.

Also it does not seem that you're aware of what DebrisMaximums does. It supposedly takes a comma-separated list of numbers that is supposed to tell the game how many instances of an individual debris piece it can spawn at maximum. In your example code it's kind of pointless however, considering there's only one debris type specified and MinDebris & MaxDebris are both set to 1. I don't think DebrisMaximums works properly either way, so if you have more than just one type of debris, MaxDebris > 1 and DebrisMaximums set to 1 for all types, game might still spawn more than one turret, for an example. That, or it only worked properly for the first debris type specified. Can't remember.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh yeah, s0rry f0r that. I f0rgot ab0ut that, i used to use that tag bef0re using debristype. And for the maxdebris, im looking f0r ways to add also the b0dy parts for the debris, like separated chasis or wheels, but im n0t sure f it wil w0rk wel,cuz it is rand0mly selected theref0re, i c0uld get 2 turrets f0r the debris just like y0u said. Anyways, i also p0sted it to be c0rrected or to add anything else to the c0des. Thankz anyway starku

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon