Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:36 am
All times are UTC + 0
Features Confirmed as Working
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [32 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
m7
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject:  Features Confirmed as Working
Subject description: Using Fatman, in CnC Final War
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The list of things I use and encounter no issues whatsoever with in offline play, are as following:

- NoCD play (I'm lazy)
- Disabled Parallel AI Queues
- New Armor Types (both the NewArmor=Flak and NewArmor=4%)
- MultiEngineer (although I've since disabled it)
- Custom Spy Logics (Infiltration, Reveal Production, Reset Superweapon, Stolen Tech Index)
- NOSTR function (I haven't opened a CSF in probably 6 months bwahaha)
- New country tags to enable customization (the loading screens, strings, random selection weight)
- Reordered country list with no noticed bugs.
- Parachute anims per side
- Custom insignia
- [WeaponTypes] list to avoid useless linking units
- UI edits (dropdown colors, UI element color changes)
- Enhanced urban combat logics (passthrough, fatal rate, subjecttotrenches)
- PCX cameos on units and superweapons (probably an abused feature by my project)
- Vehicle Hijacker enhancements.
- Custom Ivan Bombs
- Custom Iron Curtain effects on warheads
- Enhanced Survivor logic
- Custom wave beams
- Extra superweapon tags (SW.CreateRadarEvent, Paradrop.XXX)

That's just after a quick scan of my rulesmd.ini. I'm probably using a bit more than I realize. Hope that helps some.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
m7
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can confirm that infiltration does indeed display xxicon.shp instead of the CameoPCX as it should.

And I do remember that issue, it's a simple fix of setting the amount gained on entry to 0. Just been something I don't think about to fix. I don't abuse it, and I never play the project with anyone else.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uh-huh, I see, thanks for the confirmation.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
bsnighteye
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Paradrop mixed with general SW options features seems to work perfectly with AI and standalone usage. #include preprocessor directive works excellent too - very handy feature. The only problem I had is missing death animations for infantry - they just disappear. Only dogs still have death anims.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Elaborate... what? I have all my deathanims working.

=======================

bsnighteye
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't have deathanims. The only thing I did is created arestest.ini and used #include in rulesmd.ini. In arestest.ini I created one new unit based on [E2] conscript and new paradrop SW. That is all. I don't have deathanims right now - just checked one more time.

Cleared arestest.ini - anims worked. I'm going to investigate what happened.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, but #include feature is very unstable. RW have used that feature since begining. I've asked Apollo to split some rules sections out of original file. And since than I have start gaining a floating IE of missing weapons for units. So, for example:

rules.ini
[e1]
Primary=Minigun

[Weapon]
;blank

weapon.ini
[Minigun]
Damage=35

THEN

Upredictable IE.

So i have to moved all stuff back to its place. I can't say that damage will unit deal (30 or 35) if I have something like this:
rules.ini
[e1]
Primary=Minigun

[Weapon]
[Minigun]
Damage=30

weapon.ini
[Minigun]
Damage=35

Oh, BTW, I think it was reported ealier, but someone (maybe Ren) refuse to touch pd's code.

bsnighteye
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like it was my fault. My video drivers were in autoupdate mode and were prepared to engage the update (nvidia 660Ti) so I think it was just software-driver conflict. Now everything works fine.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yer, I remember that report, but Hogo's UMP doesn't have such issues... and have to say, the use of the iteration character is also bugged.

But pd's code has no comments or hints to get it understood that simply.

=======================

bsnighteye
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to Gangster

#include works fine now. I had no problems with declaring of new variables or modifying the existing.

For example:
[SuperWeaponTypes]
13=SovietParaGroupSpecial

[NARADR]
SuperWeapon2=SovietParaGroupSpecial

[SovietParaGroupSpecial]
UIName=NOSTR:Soviet Assault Group
Name=Soviet Assault Group
IsPowered=false
RechargeVoice=
ChargingVoice=
ImpatientVoice=
SuspendVoice=
RechargeTime=8
Type=AmerParaDrop
Action=AmerParaDrop
SidebarImage=APARICON
ShowTimer=yes
DisableableFromShell=no
ParaDrop.Count=2
ParaDrop.Types=E2,SHK
ParaDrop.Aircraft=
ParaDrop.Num=6,3

It was executed just as it was in rulesmd.ini.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to bsnighteye

I am sure it's not. Very first bug report at RW forum was Missing GDI Light Infantry weapon. And I have never encountered this while release candidate testings. The only difference back then was indeed missing of weapon in rules. but weapon ini was coded as it should be.

bsnighteye
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to Gangster

I downloaded RW-alpha ini files and looked through your code. Really, I have no clues. Maybe, heritage ":" function + [#include] makes lags? And structures like

[Weapon1E]:[Weapon1]
; then complete rewriting of code that makes heritage useless

- it's confusing me.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heritage CAN cause issues. This is why it's undocumented.

=======================

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Especially if you try to inherit from something that doesn't exist yet Smile (like: the object you're trying to inherit from is below the one that inherits from it).

Gangster wrote:
Sorry, but #include feature is very unstable. RW have used that feature since begining.

I personally never had any problems with #include, and i'm using it since it was introduced. I split all weapons, buildings, infantry, units, aircrafts and sws into separate files, and even declared the weapon and sw files at the end of the list, still no problems (maybe in this lies a clue why it didn't work for you?).

I also make a lot of use of heritage in those files, and i never had problems with missing weapons or units (except when they were really missing #Tongue ).

The only thing i'm 100% sure that #include (and heritage) screws up is FinalAlert 2, but for that i just merge the rules (with some cmd magic, no need to do it manually #Tongue ).

What i think might have caused the error for you is declaring projectiles both in the weapons.ini and projectiles.ini files (one of those overwrites the other one for sure, but i'm not sure which one). Since they are no longer declared in two separate places now, that might be why you don't get the error anymore.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One minor thing which most people will tend to forget... but PCX Cameos use Pure Magenta for transparency and not Pure Blue for it. So if your experiencing the borders still showing up use Pure Magenta.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Iirc, PCX images use the first color in the PCX palette (index 0) as transparent color.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

me and Graion were having problems with it and after using Magenta our PCX Cameos Borders were finally transparent. But when we were using Blue it became visible... so idk really. But that somehow fixes it for some people I guess.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex, I haven't tested that possibility yet but maybe both are needed. The color at 0 MUST be pink to be transparent... I have a cameo which has yellow borders right now, most have blue... neither worked, only that one which I don't even remember why I gave pink borders.

And everyone associated to country flags immediately which also have this rule and we use the game's PCX drawing routine. It sounds totally plausible. Either Jem's is right, either both are needed.

Will take some tests later.

=======================

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Country flags don't require the pink color to be in index 0 though. Can be any index. IIIRC, it works as long as the color is in format R,G,B where R & B are within 252-255 and G is 0.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that's interesting.... the 252-255 thing sounds plausible (since we have already talked about the rounding)... I'll really have to try this out.

Would be great if indeed I have no need for palette reorg... that'd fasten up things pretty much.

=======================

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tested cyclic gattling. Not much to report. Seems fine. I have tried very different weapons and ended with Twinblade weapon (minigun,minigun, rocket barrage). Still trying to code a focusing laser, but can't find right values for Stage and ROF, so it firing weapons in random order.

FS-21
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
Tested cyclic gattling. Not much to report. Seems fine. I have tried very different weapons and ended with Twinblade weapon (minigun,minigun, rocket barrage). Still trying to code a focusing laser, but can't find right values for Stage and ROF, so it firing weapons in random order.

Have you tried stageX= with the same ROT of the weapon that should be fired in that stage? I remember that I made something similar to a "laser, laser rocket barrage" without bugs but the challenge was in reality a "railgun,railgun,rockets" Laughing

Moreover, if you are noticing that the minigun is being duplicated on each loop then add as first weapon a dummy weapon.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:

Shouldn't this work with the classical gattling code? First weapon FlakScatter, second weapon Inaccurate, last weapon normal? Or am I misunderstanding your intention?

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah but I was experementing with Wave.IsBigLaser and Laser.Thickness to create constant beam of death which sparks, and eventualy causes fire and generates smoke... I've seen something similar form GZ guys (or was it NPext?)

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Waves does not work with LaserThickness and Ares didn't sacrificed quality for laserwidth.

I dunno, I doubt it would look good in the end. Maybe having laserthickness of 1, 4 and 7 would look OK.

=======================

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah well, I am just trying to find a use for this feature. For example I think I can fix my flamethrower weapon if gattling weapons are able to fire with a very short delay.
I am willing to make a first weapon with flame particles just for visual effect but second one (silent and invisible) for delivering damage. So unit could gain a promotions. And again weapon could be made spawn more animations or particles on impact.
This is just an idea but could work. I did a quick test yesterday making last gattling stage spawn TestSmokeSys like if it got overheated.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hm, good ideas. I personally use CyclicGattling for 'firing two weapons at the same time' read: with small delays in ROF, you can get that working... but yours doesn't sound bad neither.

=======================

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If FireballLauncher clone is occuping Weapon1 slot, weapon won't stage and eventually stop firing at all. At 2nd and 3rd stage work as it should. This also happen with vanila YR\non-cyclic.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Particles and Gattling logic never work quite properly due to the fact particle has its own delay to stop being present (and during such time, another particle can not be made) and wait until make more while Gattling system tries fire it independantly and when it obviously can't the staging fails.

Only way it would work if particle lasts lesser time than the rate of fire but even so it is problematic.

¥R_M0dd€r
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have been using gatting cycle and custom missiles in my mod and they both work as intended.
Will bounty logic be scheduled for 0.3?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was but since my HDD fried on Monday and dunno when the new one arrives... it might not gonna make it. ATM I don't even have a Windows to install MSVC to.

=======================

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [32 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon