Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Question (NpatchExt)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject:  Question (NpatchExt) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm getting this weird ie, it always happen when allied naval units are in game play. when starting skirmish, it's ok for about 5mins, then, ie occurs. maybe it is a npatchext bug. EIP=90909090. i forgot to add the DEBUG.txt. i'll put it later. thanks guys. i hope LH_mouse could help to

except (2).txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  except (2).txt
 Filesize:  25.97 KB
 Downloaded:  25 Time(s)

except.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  except.txt
 Filesize:  26.64 KB
 Downloaded:  34 Time(s)

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only errors that i know of in npatch

1. do with upgrade SW's and Superweapon clones.

2. The emp sometimes triggers to but only if its not "extactly like the Tiberain sun emp. which is kinda werid.

3. the only other is the custom pallets for "units and infantry" with custom tem, sno ,des.

4. if not extactly coded right the Upgrades for units/infantry that can change voxel/shp for a veteran upgrade can fail. (its kind of fussy on the coding side)

These are the only known error that i personally know of that crash the game totally.
The other errors are mearly graphical with no game ending crash it just looks werid.

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe it's number 3, i'll check it later. but, it means, the problem lies at the artmd?

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yep most of the errors are art errors. i'll go there first.

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can't seem to find the problem at the arts of the allied naval. Il check it again later. Thanks man

LH_Mouse
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This may have something to do with Explodes=yes aircraft - probably an aircraft was deleted but the pointer was not freed. Try to remove Explodes=yes on all aircraft and try again. Code about this feature scatters across the entire executable and I had to use a work-around for this, which might be the reason that caused the problem.

We will prevail!!!

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks mouse, i guess it is on the hornets of the carriers, cause this inly happens when there is allied naval ships

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i've check it yesterday, and it still begets IE, here's the new except and the DEBUG. all aircrafts don't have explodes=yes. but ei still occurs

except (3).txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  except (3).txt
 Filesize:  26.63 KB
 Downloaded:  31 Time(s)

except (2).txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  except (2).txt
 Filesize:  26.68 KB
 Downloaded:  32 Time(s)

except.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  except.txt
 Filesize:  26.58 KB
 Downloaded:  38 Time(s)

DEBUG.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  DEBUG.txt
 Filesize:  1.2 MB
 Downloaded:  44 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon