Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:53 am
All times are UTC + 0
Nod Mission 5
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Nueemann
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject:  Nod Mission 5
Subject description: (Minor Spoilers)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The first part of this mission is driving me mad.

I cannot figure out what the safe path is to take my troops on to reach the airbase.

I remember doing this mission in Public Beta 3 and I seem to recall sending my guys straight to the west along the bottom of the map, then through the Tiberium field, but now I can't get past the snipers on the cliff. I don't know if there was previously one instead of two or if there's another path I'm missing.

Can anybody give me a hand with this?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spoiler: (paint the text to make it visible)
There's a hidden flame tank North of your starting location. Find it, and use it to kill the snipers.

Nueemann
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll go see if I can get that tank now. I'll post again later if I'm still lost.

EDIT: I went north, and although I never found the tank, I managed to make my way around the airbase and get control of it.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Spoiler: (paint the text to make it visible)
There's a hidden flame tank North of your starting location. Find it, and use it to kill the snipers.

I "discovered" them with that drone scout. Needless to say they all quickly died to a GDI patrol because I was paying too much attention to building up a fleet of Orcas.

Positron
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry if I seem ungrateful for this wonderful mod, but I am just a tad frustrated at the shenanigans of mission 5.

Crimsonum wrote:

Tried it, found it and two infantry, got knocked out by orcas from the GDI base in an instant. This mission is impossible to finish.

Sometimes the scatterpacks come right up to the train station as they are debarking and destroy my men; happend twice and I immediately loose the mission, without even getting control...

Then there is the snipers who are just all over the place stopping you from doing anything worthwhile.

I explored a portion of the map carefully, only to be hunted down by hov-vees.

There is no instructions other than find the base, there is no map for reference, there is no warnings, no reinforcement, no effective route, there is nothing but a map littered with snipers and scatterpacks and a fairly tough base, and the one thing that can make a difference (Flame tank) is taken out as soon as it is under your control.

How exactly is this a proper mission? All the other missions are perfectly done, there is a logical step to finishing them.

Hell even the Burn Baby Burn mission though hard had a semblance of objectives and markers to let you know how to approach the objective and you are able to finish it after the first 2 tries.

daviperdragon
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

even with what little help there is on this topic...
even using PB 4.2, i still cant get to the airfields.
though i did find the Globotech sams... on the eastern side of the map.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spoiler: Highlight text below

It's just making sure you tread lightly, avoid the scatterpacks and find the Flame Tank for the easiest method of beating the mission. The tank can be located to the north and slightly to the right of your starting position.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't really find that mission so bad.
Save often and wait until scatterpacks move away.
Tiny hint: This isn't a mission where you sneak by the corners of the map... Try more center/northwest, that was the best in my opinion.

By the way, the last Nod mission was a bit cheap, it seems very unfinished to me. Delete this post if I said too much!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has undergone a lot of change since Public Beta 4 (assuming you mean the defense mission) based on public feedback, so no worries.

DeathlyRose
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spoiler: Highlight text below to view
snipers have a long delay between shots. Gather up your infantry in a nice group instead of one by one and  head towards from the bottom of the map and kill the sniper.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^ That works too. #Tongue
I've modified your post to apply a spoiler warning.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
^ That works too. #Tongue
I've modified your post to apply a spoiler warning.

that works...until you view the post as a guest and realize you can see the white text on the dark blue-ish background just fine #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for ruining my spoiler hiding tactic you tiberium-putting-on-grass Wuj.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For me it's also ruined when I'm logged in because I'm using a different theme #Tongue

Last edited by ^Rampastein on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

DeathlyRose
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also i forgot too mention in regards too this method speed and timing is important if your too slow the sniper will snipe down all your men or the scatterpack will come back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum