Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Another go at making buildings
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 5 [228 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh this is damn awesome Smile

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lovely buildup, the glow and smoke puff animations could use a bit more work though. I mean the black and green rod texture looks weird to me, and the smoke looks like cotton wool.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks guys!
i cant do anything about the smoke atm but i did try to fix the green rod texture

also, i kinda fixed the crane for the ConYard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

double post!! OMG!!!
anyway, changed the power plant even more

also the normal and damaged version

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Much better!

4StarGeneral wrote:
I CAN USE CAPS TOO, HOW DOES IT FEEL?

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks DaRkGlAcEoN!
i would also like to hear what LKO has to say about the improvements
the improvements for ConYard are:
- the Hexagon texture for the ground
- the round structure (from which the crate comes out) has been made rounder
- crane has been redesigned
- the door doesnt slide out of nowhere now

and the only changes/improvements on Power Plant are the glowing rods part

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No problem! Nice, If you do release these, I definitely would have a use for these! (I'm thinking about making a public mod, it's still in a rough draft right now)

4StarGeneral wrote:

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

conyard:
-much better buildup on several parts
-the dirt on the crane arm is great. You should add such dirt smears to some other textures too, e.g. the door.
-add some of the small windows from the barracks for a better size impression and as a recurring detail on most buildings
-try adding a bumpmap to the hexagon floor, so it isn't just a flat texture and the hexagons get a better contrast and higher detail. A noise map over the whole texture to add dirt would be nice too.

reactor:
-nice buildup and nice animations
-a big problem of the animation is the glow: you will have trouble to make lighted/colored surfaces look good ingame due to palette-restriction and brightness problems on dark/normal maps. (you can't make UseNormalLight=yes activeanim look good on dark maps if this includes non-lighted parts, which yours is having due to the constant light on/off cycle and going from non-lighted concrete to lighted-green-concrete)
So the best is to only let the rods glow and don't let any other object receive light from it (e.g. smokestack and concrete base should stay unaffected)
-detail of the model itself is best among all your recent models. Nice amount of chamfered edges and non-standard primitives

-damage frame needs a bit more work and needs scorch marks:

• create a sphere
  • add a noise modifier to heavily distort the sphere
  • make the distorted sphere flat (Z down to 1%)
  • create a material with black color, 10-20% transparency
  • apply the material to the sphere
  • now put duplicates of the sphere over surfaces of the model (rotate the flat spheres so they are very close to the surface)

the noise will give the distorted transparent sphere a random look of some kind of scorch mark. You can then use the noise Seed to change the shape to a random one for each duplicate.
This way you can create some nice and random dark scorch marks. Especially useful to place over parts that you cut out (e.g. on the southeast wall with the cut out half-sphere from the wall)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the crane texture is like that, i didnt add anything #Tongue
also about making other textures dirty, well i dont like that cuz the building was just built, why will it be dirty? #Tongue
and thanks for pointing out the glow problem in game, stupid game #Tongue, it saved me from finding out the hard way Very Happy

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tested it in game with a custom palette and i think the result is quite good Very Happy

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ohh the beauty Very Happy

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The remap still sucks. #Tongue

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Come on give the guy a break #Tongue

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Krow wrote:
The remap still sucks. #Tongue

lol, as i said on the IRC, this was only a test
so your opinion doesnt count #Tongue

Bu7loos wrote:
Ohh the beauty Very Happy

thanks man! Smile
Bu7loos wrote:
Come on give the guy a break #Tongue

lol
thanks? Very Happy

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3 down, lots more to go! Very Happy

removed the glow from PowerPlant and added windows and a door to the ConYard

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking nice!

4StarGeneral wrote:

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks!!
im gonna release them once they are finished. though im not sure if i should release them as each building is finished or release em at the end as a pack  Confused

anyway, ive been playing around with max..... again #Tongue
mental ray render:

normal render, with some reflections and extra lights

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mental Ray renders with a nice environment background with matching land-plane, makes for nice icon renders Wink

Liked the yellow conyard arm, but silver is nice too. What about making it remap?

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah mental ray is pretty good for cameos
although i am using a sky picture that came wiht max as an environment map and i also tried rendering some grass around the warfactory with the Hair and Fur modifier but it got so heavy and nearly killed my PC #Tongue
the mental ray scene as it is took almost 10 minutes to render

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, keep it going, ImP, keep it going.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

some more changes to the ConYard. at this rate, i'll never be able to finish these #Tongue

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Double posting, like a boss  Cool
made some changes to the refinery

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW and WOW again!!! Nice work!!!

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Warfactory buildup? Wow! I'm impressed! #Tongue

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kinda feel like the refinery looks too much like the other buildings to be identifiable though, particularly the 'office' looking section. If that was replaced with purely idustrial stuff, perhaps not even being as big as it is now, it might look more like a refinery.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I think i agree with Omega - your models are getting better with every go, but the readability is not very good for some of them, which is pretty important imo. If I'm quickly glancing around the battlefield while micromanaging units - units and vehicles need good visibility. Doubly so if they're MY buildings! If I can't quickly tell that a Tanya is about to C4 my ref because it looks like another building... then that is a big issue.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

even more changes to the refinery!

though its seems kinda shorter now and i dont know what i should do with that empty space. i dont want to add boxes and barrels

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe flag or an air vent?

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ooo god some much win Smile awesome work imp.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I like that better Imp. All I can suggest is looking at various industrial buildings for some ideas.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

progress! Laughing

buildups coming soon!

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes ! Wonderful Very Happy

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

buildups!!

also i have this problem with the radar

this also happened when i was working on the warfactory but then i saved my work and restarted max and that solved the problem. in the case of the radar, its not working, even when i restart max and open the file its still messed up but its fine during rendering Confused

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

boredom strikes! #Tongue

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is it ? Very Happy

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PyLoN_RuLz.

=======================

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bu7loos wrote:
What is it ? Very Happy

just some Sci-Fi Pylon/Thingy #Tongue
Graion Dilach wrote:
PyLoN_RuLz.

Laughing

also the same structure but with some kind of organic being Very Happy

and yes thats tiberium #Tongue

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe make the metal yellowish & rusting up like in Tiberium Alliance and make the top branch/tendrils have some more random elements where some are longer & others shorter.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you want it to look like forgotten building?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought it looked like something the Forgotten would use. Fortifying those Tiberium Trees or something and turning it into a farming platform.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

isnt forgotten more like scavengers, kinda like GLA in Generals?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ImP_RuLz wrote:
isnt forgotten more like scavengers, kinda like GLA in Generals?

Which is why they'd be fortifying a Tiberium Tree to make sure it won't get killed...  Razz

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i see your point but its not what i have in mind for forgotten

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hear ye hear ye! moar updates! im getting closer!! Very Happy
first off, changed the buildup of radar a bit. the pink dots are bones which i forgot to make unrenderable so ignore them #Tongue

and the Battlelab and robot control center

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have an excellent style.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! Smile

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm waiting patiently for the release of these amazing buildings!!! I'm not in a hurry!!!

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice buildings at all! A new age for the Allies! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
Thear
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm.. Great buildings. Though the buildup of the airstrip looks a bit weird. The top that flips over has already the airstrip texture applied which makes it look odd in my opionion.  

Maybe the original base plate texture can be placed on the 'bottom' (top before flipping) might make it look nicer so it looks like it really opens up.

None the less, good job Smile

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not a fan of the airstrip's side lights coming out before the base does... but this is some fabulous work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 5 [228 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon