Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Another go at making buildings
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 5 [228 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ImP_RuLz wrote:
thanks guys!
dodgevipergts: yes it will be if i finish it #Tongue
Great! That walking warfactory is one of the best shps i've ever seen. Cheers imp

Medalmonkey
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some beautiful work in this topic!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
tekka warrior
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Imp! You definitely have talent mate! Keep up the excellent work.  Very Happy

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just some updates, nothing fancy
tried my hand at unwrapping the warfactory and i think it turned out quite well. also changed the power plant a little.

the central structure's design comes from here

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These vents could be used as upgrades...

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Wolfsangel
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This buildings very very nice

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At first i thought the warfactory is showing some kind of water effect, with the grey washed out colored part being the under water area, and the rest being the part above the water line.
I think the grey material should be a tad more gritty and detailed.

I'm not a fan of the 3 small pipes coming out of the fans side on the powerplant. They look too asymmetric/ unclean placed. A tad more details like some lamps on the warfactory could help too.

Other than that, the buildings look quite nice. The warfactory with the many smaller details looks best.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks LKO, i always appreciate your criticism. i'll keep those points in mind the next time i fiddle around with these buildings.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i frikkin love substance maps!

this took about 20 minutes to make so dont mind the horrible light show

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks damned cool. Is that RA2 or something else? I don't recognize the terrain...

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The terrain detail is great.
Also very nice improvements on the WF.
Though i just noticed, shouldn't the top be able to open for those flying VehicleTypes?
The top bar with the 2 fans on the roof has a very rough concrete looking texture. I think for a part that is on the roof, a more lightweight looking material like metal plates would look more realistic.

Something that i like to add to my WFs, are small windows on the side. So when a unit is ready, you can see it behind the windows and thus giving the WF some nice depth effect.
Since you basically still have lots of space, you might want to add such a window too.

A classic recurring design element on WFs is a smokestack, which you might also want to add. e.g. replace the rear 2 vents with 2 smokestacks. a few cables and pipes on the roof could also add some more detail.

I'm not a fan of remap colored stripes, that look like they are pasted on the texture just for the sake of having remap (also like someone wanted a racing stripe on building, that would never have any of these funky design elements in reality).
Thus i gave my TI buildings animated stripes for the remap, so they at least have something fancy.
Maybe you want to remove the remap stripe and instead make the animated lamps glow in remap colors. Then the lamps would fulfill 2 jobs and you wouldn't need the racing stripe anymore, which gives you space for other details, like small windows.

Public SHPs

Tools

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The poor lighting lets it down building wise, it looks all the same from every direction feelingless lifelessly cold apart from those animating lights.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While the remap stripes are kind of bland, all of his buildings have it so it at least matches the rest and that's really all that matters (though the stripes aren't really lined up exactly).

What I have an issue with is the textures. Here you have these great looking textures and terrain, but then you have this drab, boring RA2 lighting. If you're going to redo everything, I implore you to redo the lighting as well, as it doesn't match the quality of everything else. To match the texture quality, you'd have to use at least 3 bounces, 5 if you want to match the terrain, and a new universal sun (1 sun not 3 as RA2 has). I think your buildings would look so, so much better with the lighting to match the textures. Something that shows the detail of the building, even if this latest one could use a little more of it.

Also, the exit strip seems a little long and there's a piece of yellow next to it that goes with the lighting #Tongue Overall still a nice job though.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion: that is 3ds max render #Tongue

LKO: im not a fan of Vehicle types aircraft in RA2 coming out of warfactories thats why i didnt make the open-able roof

ApolloTD: im using Donut's template so blame him for wrong lighting #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i wouldn't call it "wrong lighting", since it's supposed to match exactly RA2's lighting, which it does.

However if you make a total conversion, then you should scrap the bad RA2 lighting and use indeed a much better lighting.
Ambient Occlusion (Advanced Lighting in 3ds max) really can improve things a lot. Though then you also have to give the materials more attention, as specular level, reflection maps, bumpmaps etc need to be set up well, so the improved lighting can really give the best results.

Public SHPs

Tools

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey any updates these are all really nice

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Necroposting but surely it's a shame that so many SHPs and Voxels intended for public release never were so because of excessive perfectionism or the authors got bored asn never posted them... the community should be more sup´portinve of incomplete or flawed releases, rather than always demanding perfection which often gets us nothing, IMO.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe that the author has completely disappeared or even deceased because he hasn't been active since summer of 2014 (including Facebook), so it is impossible to get these assets published.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im not dead donut, lol xD
i was "away". but now im back and will try to resume work on stuff

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh! Where the hell have you been!? Very Happy

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i was far away from civilization, went to our village. it is a place where people still use cow poop and chop wood to light fire to cook food Very Happy

Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back, Imp!!!!

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For a momment I thought You gave up ImP... Welcome back mate! Still looking forward for your assets Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello guys!  Very Happy

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, you still model? Shocked

Great Job on that ConYard Smile

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really smooth animations, well done.

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back. Looks good.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can tell you put a ton of effort into that last conyard, it looks amazing!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 5 [228 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon