Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Some other Forgotten stuff...
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mutant.Visage
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject:  Some other Forgotten stuff...
Subject description: (A few buildings and units my weird mind created)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, firstly, let me give some feedback here... Twisted Insurrection has ben not only a major enterteinment update in my gamer life, but also one of the major influences on my weird creational mind. And i would like to thanks the entire TI Team for developing this superb and flawless mod.

--

Well now i will post a few buildings and units i have created for the Forgotten side (YES i can only think about the Forgotten right about now since Nod, GDI and Globotech are almost wraped up allready), some of them i allready told Aro about, but now i guess i could just share them with you all.

--

With the increase of the Tiberium Spread on Earth, the case of contaminations in humans has increased gravely through the world, and with this, Globotech had to operate an emergency containment plan, so, they constructed these Quarantine Blocks to separate Mutants from the normal humans. But now with this Insurrection and the beggining of the "New War", the Forgotten took the opportunity to rebel themselves from what they believed was a "Force Imprisionment" and transformed those Quarantine Blocks into a well prepared combat station where they're people have all the guns and equipments they need to fight against any aggressor.

The model could be some sort of medical facility but now full of boards, barbed-wire and sandbags on the roof, to make it really look like a stronghold or an armory in the case.

--

Now, comes the Forgotten Clandestine Factory (War Factory)
I tookthis idea from the Real WWII, where the Soviets used Tractor Factories to build theire tanks, and the Mutants took that as an example, taking over like an Automobile Factory or any sort of Heavy Equipments Production Center to develop all sorts custom combat vehicles.

The model can be any factory-like building, but with some marks like any mutant logo or any resemblances that someone gone there and took over the place.

--

Now there is a kinda of a big plan on my, the Greenhouse Incubator Plant (Tiberium Lifeforms Call Center)

It is quite known that the Mutants had an special "relation" with the creatures that evolved from Tiberium, since they had the hability to actually tame them, and with these hard times and the tecnology gathered from ransacked Globotech Tiberium Research Labs and/or Tiberium Monitoring Stations, the Forgotten population created a "Nest" for those, as so called by the normal humans: "Abominations". The Incubator Greenhouse Incubator, where they can take good care of they pets since initial days of life till the day those can be take to the battlefield

As the name implies, the model could be a Big Greenhouse with marks of Tiberium everywhere, it can be simple as just the building an all, or... If you guys can do something much bigger, you can take example as the Cyborg Production Facility at "Mechanical Man", like... Well there is the Greenhouse where the creatures comes from but there can be walls surrounding the place, some tanks containing food or any sort of things, some small labs with the Radies' Roadhouse model, and some Young Floaters and Fiends just walking/floating, chilling, like they are really grazing till the day they can became Adult's and send to help they masters on the futures combats.

--

Those are the buildings i had in mind for now, as for infantry AND vehicles, apart from the allready know Mutants, Soldier and Sergeants here are some things i imagined:

Infantry:

Mutant Thief: As the name implies, Thieves are mutants specialized into infiltrating refinery facilities using high speed movements and steal all the loot they can carry. Theire some of those Forgotten who really puts the mutants name down the garbage, but desperate times means desperate measures! And trust me, the Forgotten appreciates those 'small contribuitions'.

Mutant Saboteur: A Special Infantry that use his advanced intelligence to sabotage vehicles in the battlefield, but you might ask, how he can get close to the target withouth being blown apart? Saboteurs make use of, believe it or not, the technology of the old Nod's Stealth Tanks, reconfigured to a portable size that cloaks the user to the point where he can get close enough. Saboteurs ends up uncloacking themselves as they reach a very close point to the target, but with luck or picking solo targets, he will deconfigurate and smash into the tanks systems till the point where it will just explode.

Tiberium Priest: A potrait of the Mutant's believes on they own magnificience through Tiberium, Priestes are venerated by other Forgotten to be one of the closets beings that arrives closely to the real essence of the crystals. Having highly mutated arms that has been so corrupted that now are capable of firing a sticky and highly toxic Tiberium Goo, much like that Nod unit that now i can't recall the name, every infantry hit by this goo can turn into a Visceroid.

--

Vehicles:

Mutant Raider: A Fast moving Buggy that serves as primary scout unit, can be deadly against infantry but equally weak to heavy armored units.

M001 "Rhino": Taking GDI's blueprints of the old M1 "Medium Tank" the Forgotten had these vehicles rebuild and customized with a small AA turret that can protect these valuable tanks from aircrafts.

"Scrapyard" Walker: A crazy idea by the mutants who'se are copying some GDI's Walkers designs, creating an bolted iron Walker that attacks using his fists to smash the heck out of the enemy, can be deady against multiple enemies/aircrafts and and some sort of weaponry, but if they can break tanks like nuts if a group suceeds getting close to the target.

"Hitodama" Flame Tank: GWWII and TW1 ideas are mixing into the Mutan't desperate minds! As they now are much likely taking over old Nod Flame Tanks and cutting then imbuing the Fireball technology, we seen those a lot on Flame Soldiers and Towers on Red Alert 1, and now they are here again, the Hitodama can shoot a fireball that explodes in the taret can toast infantry instantly and cause some damage on vehicles too!

"Napoleon" Siege Vehicle: Short and Simple, you get a Very Big 12/14 wheeled vehicle and place whatever guns avaliable you have on him, cannons, machineguns and missiles, and them mutants have they own "Path Clearner".

--

And that's all for now folks, hope AT LEAST you like my Looney ideas. Laughing

daviperdragon
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Following Mutant.Visage's lead:
-----

Concrete Tent ( barracks ): a merge of RA1's soviet and allied barracks into one structure do to lack of building materials, conserved for more important buildings.

-----------

Tib Reactor ( TD Adv. Power Plant ): due to lack of resources and time for development of a better power plant, the forgotten "Borrowed" the plans from either side and have modified them for their purposes.

----------

Forgotten Hole ( any random old Pillbox ): Basic anti-infantry and light vehicle defense structure.

---------

Spreader ( chem tank based of old Flame tank): great for tanking out infantry and light armor, as well as "melting" concrete barriers and structures.

-------------

And that is all i can add at this time. Hope something here ( mine or Mutant.Visage 's Could be used, sooner or later )

ChronoSeth
Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hasn't it already been said (many, many times) that the forgotten will not play a significant role in the story, especially not enough to have their own military?

DMAN
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see no reason in the lore for the Mutants to not take action and best themselves for a defensive front,they still need a military of some kind to protect themselves from the impending danger of the war.Hell even civilian coalitions and militias could rebel to make a so to say solitude and prosperous colony away from the chaos and blood shed.Of course the mutants would have it easier since the tiberian infections immense and civies would be turned to mushy paste by the inhabitants of the yellow zones still.Mutants wouldn't be willing to live amongst the humans as well so pillaging of them on their voyage is sure to happen frequently.Still brave civies would wing it on the road to live another day to rid the risk of them being mowed down by another wasted city to the Nod's cause.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would suggest that you suggest these things to a project which makes more use of the Mutants. or play TS:Reform, SuperJoe's project - it's here on PPM.

DMAN
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to be clear,I'm not implying a unplayable side faction like Globotech but another resistance or so to say obstacle in the campaign and Multiplayer maps.

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AFAIK Forgotten do play a very little role, as you suggested, or will play anyway.
That said, I doubt that anyone will create new shp's and similar for them. Then again, there are some things which can be recycled.

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum