Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:32 am
All times are UTC + 0
Passenger Logic Enhancements [Request]
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject:  Passenger Logic Enhancements [Request] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blueprint Post in Ares Launchpad.

Quote:
Aside from having Passenger Turret. How about also allowing a flag to allow the Voxel to change body depending on the amount of passengers loaded.
PassengerBody=[true/false]

Hopefully this can also be designed to work side by side with PassengerTurret as well?

And a Minimum Size Limit for Transports. To allow for example a Transport which is restricted to only carry Vehicles.

SizeLimit.Minimum=[number]

This basically is for an idea for Vehicle-Only Transports. (I.E: A Tank carrying a Tank) BWOOOONGGGGGG!!!

¥R_M0dd€r
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Instead of having SizeLimit.Minimum, why not request a tag like VehiclesOnly=?

I find this request useless and are one of these request that are like "Hey I need this special unit in my mod, lets go and make a request"-types features that will only be present in one or two mods.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

¥R_M0dd€r wrote:
Instead of having SizeLimit.Minimum, why not request a tag like VehiclesOnly=?

I find this request useless and are one of these request that are like "Hey I need this special unit in my mod, lets go and make a request"-types features that will only be present in one or two mods.

Some People might have some other uses for it aside from restricting it for a special unit. Among things this could also be a CarryAll Unit for a Balloonhover Technotype.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

¥R_M0dd€r wrote:

Yeah, like every other request has only been done in the name of the community. You can say that about everything.
Heck, Mental Omega got its own feature, FactoryOwners so your argument is invalid.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So was AttachEffect but look at the possibilities it can allow for other mods too. Razz

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The difference is that MentalOmega's people actually contributed to development by reporting back...

VehiclesOnly is an issue, not because of its function itself, but because it's one of a broader set.
If someone coded VehiclesOnly, it'd only be a matter of time until someone requested InfantryOnly, because they, for some reason, have fat infantry and can't limit on size. Then someone would likely request a distinction on Natural/Unnatural/Organic, so his amphibious ship transporter doesn't allow squids in, then you may get ChronosOnly, for a chrono transport, or DamagedOnly, for an ambulance (followed by DamagedOnly.MinimumHealth and .MaximumHealth, of course), ultimately culminating in the request for Passengers.RestrictTo=[TechnoTypes], which would end up being a hack of Operators.

"Is this unit a vehicle?" is one arbitrary check out of dozens you can do on a unit, so starting there is a slippery slope leading to a never ending chain of "enhancement" requests.

SizeLimit.Minimum, on the other hand, would be the logical completion of a system already in place.
You already have the option to set sizes.
You already have the option to set the maximum size allowed.
Allowing the player to set the minimum size required is the logical progression from there.

That being said, personally, I'd consider this "not worth the effort". Independent from the fact that frustrated players will ask themselves "I can fit an entire Apocalypse in there, why not a Conscript??", I just don't see a lot of demand or use for this.

Certainly, there will be a mod or two who can use this. But will there be enough use of it to justify taking development time away from features like GuardArea for aircraft, working savegames or attribute modifiers on weapons?

If it turns out to just be an additional check in a few places, okay, but would you really want to see significant development time spent on this, rather than more general, flexible features?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Likewise this feature isn't one i'm really hoping to get rushed. Like as you stated there are more important logics/fixes which could be done first. I just liked to start this topic as well to give a minor heads-up for the blueprint. Smile

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:

Heck, Attacque Supérior got its own feature, FactoryOwners which could be also used in Mental Omega so your argument is invalid.

Fixed.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon