Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 pm
All times are UTC + 0
(YR) Looping Machine Gun
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject:  (YR) Looping Machine Gun
Subject description: very easy, for looping report effect to any machine gun
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys,
Here new small tutorial from me, even retard can do that.
As Starrku corrected me to mention:,,Only benefit you'd gain from this method as opposed to just using normal weapon is the ability to use looping Report= sound effect I suppose."
Some of you wondered how can you get all time looping machine gun like gattling cannon, but to fire actually one weapon, not to speed up. All machine guns fire sound only when each shot is fired, not all time.
So here, I do small trick for you, as usually Very Happy

Lets say you want to have Gattling Tank to fire one weapon. (Like I am using that in my mod).
Then go to [YTNK]
And replace his weapons with this

Weapon1=AGGattling
EliteWeapon1=AGGattling
Weapon2=AAGattling
EliteWeapon2=AAGattling
Weapon3=AGGattling
EliteWeapon3=AGGattling
Weapon4=AAGattling
EliteWeapon4=AAGattling
Weapon5=AGGattling
EliteWeapon5=AGGattling
Weapon6=AAGattling
EliteWeapon6=AAGattling

As you can see all weapons ground and air have same machine gun.
Now go and change stages to this

Stage1=999
Stage2=999
Stage3=999
EliteStage1=999
EliteStage2=999
EliteStage3=999

And thats all!
So, when gattling tank starts to fire, it will shoot 999 frames with first weapon, then will start to shoot weapon2 which is same as weapon 1, then after 999 frames it will start to shoot third weapon which is same as first weapon. When he stops firing, and starts firing again, he will fire same weapon.
Only after ending 999 frame he may stop firing on moment (if tries to change weapon) but you wont even notice that.

Same method you can use on any vehicle, just need to have what I explained and must add
RateUp=1
RateDown=50
IsGattling=yes
TurretCount=1
WeaponCount=6
(Maybe you do not need 6 weapons but I am not messing with that, nothing will hurt you if you have 6 weapons).
And you can find your own sounds to have different machine guns.
Yes, that works on buildings too.
So you can use this method to have any sound looping effect, but you have to go to soundmd.ini, and find gattling weapons sounds, and add your own for your weapon and thats it.
This tutorial is sadly just for YR because TS and RA2 does not have gattling logic.

Key Words: #Tutorials #Modding #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge #Rules.INI 

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Last edited by MasterHaosis on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, in my old thread about my mod I mentioned that, and when I was cleaning PMs I saw that two guys (some newbs) asked me how did I do that, I told that I will explain in tutorial and never did that. So I just reminded about that and wrote tutorial for any case.
Starrku, does it cost anything to have here?
You would be surprised that I got PMs even about that. if you are professional, not all are professionals.
EDIT:Ah where is Starrku's post? he deleted it perhaps.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:

EDIT:Ah where is Starrku's post? he deleted it perhaps.

Yeah I did, because I realized that it does have a purpose #Tongue. It's just really, really trivial thing and I don't think it's worth an entire tutorial but whatever. Does not hurt for it to be here. Only benefit you'd gain from this method as opposed to just using normal weapon is the ability to use looping Report= sound effect I suppose.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starrku, ah yes, thanks for correcting me, I wrote that what you mentioned in first post, and in subject name and description that main goal is to have this sound effect. I forgot to put that in explanation.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uhm yea, Stages=1 EliteStages=1, Stage1=-1 EliteStage1=-1 WeaponCount=2 and keeping only the first two weapons should be sufficient.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because everyone on here is an expert...

Nothing is too trivial to be included in the Tutorials Vault.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon