Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:52 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tutorial Requests
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject:  Tutorial Requests
Subject description: Post all your tutorial requests in this topic ONLY! Do not post them outside it.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone,

The Mapping Tutorials Factory forum is a place to share tutorials only. It is not a place to ask questions, request tutorials or ask where is a tutorial about something. You can ask questions and ask where you can find a tutorial about something at the Tiberian Sun Mapping Discussion Forum only. If you have any requests for a tutorial, this is the only topic in this forum where you can do it. Simply post your reply with a tutorial request and pray for a good soul to make this tutorial for you. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Unit Frost
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject: Newbie question Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im having difficulty getting my maps made from final sun to show up in skirmish mode, on the map selection menu, ive managed to get the maps to show up in a side client of cncnet 5 version of tib sun but to get them to work, is futile as it just brings up the loading screen before spawning into a game (with the art of titans and nod soldiers etc) and it just stops at deploying secondary- not sure about the rest, but i have managed while fooling around with final sun to make test version of a map, i manged to play it but albeit it was just a test to see if the file would work, there's not much on it,
im requesting if i could have a tutorial of how to successfully play your own custom made final sun maps?

help would be greatly appreciated ive started getting decent at making maps and its really frustrating not being able to test them or play them.

Thanks

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When you create a multiplayer map in finalsun, save them with .mpr extension and place it in vanilla TS folder.
It should appear in skirmish map selection in vanilla game.

Unit Frost
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
When you create a multiplayer map in finalsun, save them with .mpr extension and place it in vanilla TS folder.
It should appear in skirmish map selection in vanilla game.

Hi ive tried doing that but ive not had any success, thank you for replying though because ive been looking through pages and pages on this forum to find the solution to this problem.
When using normal TS i still cant find the maps in the map selection screen
so my only resort is to use CNCnet5 client to actually find them or to actually have a program recognise them

When i have the file name extension to "mpr." the CNCnet5 version of tib wont recognise or find the file, if i rename it to a "map." file this version of tib recognises the file and displays a minimap preview and even allows me to play some of these, i previously mentioned test maps i created, today i was sucessfull in playing these tester maps more than yesterday, i took off the "firestorm game" check box and they got past the loading screen, but those maps are empty pretty much, im just wondering if its something to do with the way im creating the maps? or something? i just want to create skirmish maps and upload them to the community, i know this is a really longwinded problem but its really depressing me since i love tib so much  Sad  Sad  no to mention frustrating for a newbie like me  #Mad  Mad

also ive uploaded some screen shots so it can help with the explanation incase anyone has had this problem before or can find a way around it.

also when i try to play my newer recent maps on the CNCnet5 version of tib it has the problem being stuck on the loading screen at "Deploying secondary force"

am i missing something here? something really simple perhaps?

Tib prob.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  730.85 KB
 Viewed:  13397 Time(s)

Tib prob.png

Unit Frost
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry to spam the thread with screen caps, can seem to only post 1 picture at a time

tib problem 2.png
 Description:
no maps! just standard ones, ive checked all the way and everywhere!
 Filesize:  954.59 KB
 Viewed:  13393 Time(s)

tib problem 2.png

Unit Frost
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

st

tib problem.png
 Description:
wrong caption on the last photo, its meant for this one, cncnet 5 finds my final sun maps only if i change the extension to MAP, from MPR, this screen cap is my standard TS, its patched to 2.03 (might have gotten the digits wrong but its patched to this c
 Filesize:  258.73 KB
 Viewed:  13389 Time(s)

tib problem.png

Unit Frost
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Am i exporting the files into the wrong place? or using the wrong extension? or is my final sun not up to date, or ma i being a complete noob (i already know that part dont answer haha)

WP_20150204_002[1].jpg
 Description:
This is the last phot im uploaded incase i get removed from the thread or something, lol sorry if this annoys anyone in advance (looking at you moderators lol)
 Filesize:  1.86 MB
 Viewed:  13383 Time(s)

WP_20150204_002[1].jpg

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In vanilla TS, the .mpr file should be placed directly under TS folder which also has game.exe. Firestorm maps
has to be played from firestorm expansion.

Your example, place map as in C:\Westwood\SUN\acension.mpr and try with firestorm expansion in vanilla
game.

I have used CnCNet5 only once to test, sometime last year. As I remember it uses .map extension for maps and
it has to be placed inside a subfolder (don't remember which one). Firestorm maps cannot be played with
firestorm game option unchecked.

Unit Frost
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello E1 Elite!

thank you for giving me attention on the problem im facing!

Ive just done what youve said to do with the "vannila" TS and i can see my map "acension" however when i try to play it, im faced with another problem  Sad  the problem being that the loading screen only goes up to "Secondary check of combat zone"

when i finish my map in final sun, it gives me three options "TS maps", "TS multiplayer" and "TS Singleplayer", i obviously choose mulitplayer or just "TS maps" but im just wondering if im exporting them wrong? or perhaps im building the map wrong itself, i mean it always performs the chekcs before exporting to see if there any problems, i have 2 waypoints for player positions labled "0" and "1", theres plenty of tiberium on the map even though its only one one side, or maybe its because im using a patched version of tib maybe? should i rollback my TS to "vannilla" ? and then use the unnoficaill patch from MODDB?

Thanks again for all the help its really appreciated  Smile

Unit Frost
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

also i tried playing the map in firestorm and normal ts

Unit Frost
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
In vanilla TS, the .mpr file should be placed directly under TS folder which also has game.exe. Firestorm maps
has to be played from firestorm expansion.

Your example, place map as in C:\Westwood\SUN\acension.mpr and try with firestorm expansion in vanilla
game.

I have used CnCNet5 only once to test, sometime last year. As I remember it uses .map extension for maps and
it has to be placed inside a subfolder (don't remember which one). Firestorm maps cannot be played with
firestorm game option unchecked.

alot of my old maps are being picked up by tib sun now, thank you so much for this information  Smile  Smile , some of them dont fully load, but i think i must be mapping something wrong but this had been a big help its put me a step closer to fully testing my maps!

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Basic help in making custom maps is there in the menu->help in finalsun itself (though old).

A fixed version of latest finalsun is here - http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=54655

To make skirmish maps, choose Multiplayer map in finalsun while creating. While saving TS Maps is fine.

When mentioning patch, should also specify which ones.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, Just wanted to request a tutorial on how to change map theater for an existing map, It might work with RA2 too, I cannot change map theater after creating a map as a snow.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-open the map with a text editor
-replace Theater=SNOW with Theater=TEMPERATE
-open the map with FinalSun and manually fix all corrupt tiles, which is like 90% of the map. Because there is simply no such tool to change the theater correct, you can also start from scratch again

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

drstrangelove
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: The most basic Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there a way in which I can find a tutorial for the most basic elements, like getting a singe player map to work without crashing and those sorts of things.

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

drstrangelove: Final Sun has a manual which displays fundamentals of map editing for SP maps. If you want to make it work without encountering crashes you have to constantly debug your map.

drstrangelove
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thx mate

ryan
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: custom mission Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

could someone give me a tutorial on how to save custom mission? like i don't understand how to do the battle ini thing help pls

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: custom mission Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ryan wrote:
could someone give me a tutorial on how to save custom mission? like i don't understand how to do the battle ini thing help pls
No need for tutorials, it's pretty straight forward.

battle(md).ini
Code:
[Battles] ;all entries/battles/missions are listed here

;example entry:
[E31] ;Demo map 1
CD=-1 ;the CD that must be present to play the campaign (-1 means any CD) (this includes no CD in the drive too)
Scenario=E31.map ;the scenario name for the first mission (this actually means  what "scenario" is used for this mission. Scenario is the map file itself from what I see here, so correct me if I'm wrong. Also, this flag is case-INsensitive AFAIK)
FinalMovie= ;finale movie to play at end of campaign (def=none) (don't know why but I got it empty for all missions. This the same for everyone?)
Description=DESC:E31 ;string file label of text description of campaign for player choice list (can also be (DTS02smd.map))
DebugOnly=yes ;this campaign is not for final release (makes it unavailable via Ares' and TS' mission selection (RA2 and YR replaced that with buttons))

chk these too: https://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Battle.ini ; https://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Campaign_Progression

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is TS, not RA2, so any explanation using RA2 stuff can be misleading for someone who has trouble to understand that in the first place.
Keys like DebugOnly don't exist in TS, and Description reads pure text only, not some new RA2-only logic with DESC: variable stuff that is read from a separate .csf file.

@ryan:
best you check out the comments in battle.ini
every key and how it works is described there

If you have the TS Client, it also makes the job easier to implement the map, since you only have to copy it into a subfolder and not inside a maps##.mix file.

So it's basically
-copy map into TS_Client\Maps\Missions\
-open TS_Client\INI\battle.ini and add a 3rd "campaign" to it, which in your case is just a single map (battle ini has GDI1 and NOD1 as the 2 default campaigns, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out how to clone one of them and rename that copy to your custom needs)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
this is TS
Wall bash!  Face palm!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
ryan
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi guys, i need help on making a custom mission.                                                                                                          

i'm trying to make the ai to produce it's own unit, i've read on the the forum about ai trigger people said it isn't an option in singleplayer maps and so i tried trigger create team it works.                                                                                                                        
but is there an another option? like i 've seen the ai in ti campaign made units without ai trigger or trigger create team, like how do you guys do that?                                                                            

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon