Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm
All times are UTC + 0
How can I get the existing EVAs to play for a new faction?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Agrammor
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject:  How can I get the existing EVAs to play for a new faction? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I created a new faction, which is starting off as a simple modified copy of the Allies faction.  Though everything else about my new faction works, the first thing I noticed in playtesting it was that I get no voiced EVA events--those announcements like "building", "low power", etc.

I don't see any reason for this problem.  I found the EVA listings in \Data\Sounds\Eva.xml, and they appear to be targeted via a Side= attribute.  Since I left Side=Allies for my new faction, I would expect the Allies EVAs to play for my faction, but they don't.

I've scoured the internet to the best of my ability, but haven't found anything useful on the subject.  I've experimented with various changes, but nothing has worked.

I'm not looking to do anything fancy.  I'm not trying to add new voices or sounds or anything.  All I want is to get the exisitng Allies faction EVAs to play for my new faction.  If anyone could offer me advice on how to do that, I'd be extremely grateful!

Thanks in advance!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum