Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:14 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Mothership
Moderators: Atomic_Noodles
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject:  Mothership
Subject description: Aerial Assault Craft
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mothership
Affiliation: Syndicate
Weapons: 3x Class-3 Disintegration Lasers
Role: Heavy Assault
Cost: 2000
Speed: Slow
Armor: Aircraft Plating
Movement: Air
Requirements: Machine Yard & Cabal Archives
Additional Info:
- Can Fire on the Move

Just when the sight of Yuri's Floating Disks weren't enough. The Mothership are the Syndicate's answer to a Mobile Air Assault Platform. Armed with 3 Class-3 Disintegration Laser much like those seen on the Obelisk. Decimating anything in close proximity to it very few survive to tell the tale of these bizarre Aircraft but what little accounts have come up they have reported that the Mothership has short range and much lighter armor than the Soviet Kirov Airship. This peculiar creation of Yuri and his Scientists. Much like the Floating Disk. The Mothership's bizarre Design is either more proof that Yuri is from space or he is just an avid Science-Fiction Movies Fan. Its means of movement are as of yet unknown as any attempt by both Allied & Soviet scientists on reverse-engineering these Machines has resulted in its fail-safes to trigger its destruction. In the battlefield the Mothership is armed with the same Laser Cannons that is equipped on the Obelisk although on a weaker power output due to the distribution of each fire.

Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:40 am; edited 3 times in total

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awsome Very Happy

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I don't often like most of your voxels but this is an master piece of shading/detail and in generic creative design. A+

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Besides the step effect on the middle.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to say, I haven't seen a voxel look this good in awhile (granted it is large).

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated

- Fixed the Stairstep Normals
- Removed all voxel holes (I think, if there still are I'm not that bothered enough to fix that anymore)
- Added its Cameo

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a bump, and not worth much but that is one hell of voxel! I honestly thought that it was a shp at first. Can't wait to see this mod released, finish it faster Jem. #Tongue *drools all over* oh and have LKO seen this? Would like to hear his thoughts on this one. Razz

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This looks cool. Like the Floating Disc it has exceptionally well made and smooth normals and textures.
However i'm not really that fond of the almost exact same center as the disc. A bit more variety would have been nice. e.g. a bigger center part with a bigger diameter
The 4 parts (i guess engines) on the sides could then be closer to the main part as the long arms make it look quite fragile.

btw, the 4 side parts remind me of the Goa'uld drydock for Hatak Motherships. Smile

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm probably gonna be redesigning this later on. Main Elements I think I could probably incorporate for its second iteration would probably be...  the Triangular Propulsion System from Protoss Mothership and some Semi-Transparent Glass Dome over the Center (I'll be doing this with by putting holes in between the "dome" and giving it a metallic pipe-place like in the Mothership from Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Either way I'm sorta excited once i get started on its later iteration. Also I guess LKO is the only one who finally noticed that Floating Disk Bit. Laughing

I started out from the Floating Disk actually and then took me about 2-3 days to redesign it from there.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, it's not hard to notice, but still, it's awesome. #Tongue

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just played around with a few design ideas. The main idea is to keep the small disc as the center, but make the additional part a lot more prominent.

top: like current, just with more prominent arms to the side and an additional ring. Since the disc is rotating (at least i think yours is doing so too) and the mothership would look strange when rotating as a whole, only the ring should rotate.
This would give it a nice recurring detail/design that all discs have.

bottom: the biohazard symbol would fit almost perfect on the mothership design, with the arms like the outer parts of the symbol.

bottom right: an additional rotating ring in combination with the biohazard design.

YuriMothershipDesign.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.98 KB
 Viewed:  5832 Time(s)

YuriMothershipDesign.png

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

NECRONS! D:

More like Blackstone Fortress imho. The Banshee resembles a certain trio of Necron aircraft though #Tongue

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought Blackstone too, but the pyramid atop it feels Necron imo.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I only like LKO's top proposal,the lower biohazard design with the open ended moon circles would look only bizarre and not cool IMO.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is its pretty much second iteration in the design.

Alongside a scale chart to compare them with my other planned Super Gunships. Athena for Allies, Kirov for Soviets & Oracle for Yuri) That doodle on top of the Athena is its Glaucus Satelite which allows the Athena to fire its prism cannons.

The new Oracle would probably have more randomized details on it.

The original one didn't have a spinning design. Although this one I think i'll probably try and give it one to further unify Yuri's Disk Unit Series.

The center piece being a mix unlit white & normal white with gaps in between showing the metal works with in the Voxel. The new design just has a bigger axis points. and more prominent "Yuri Antenna" those Diamonds are where its weapons will fire from. If Gattling Weapon can support up to 20 Weapons *With 10 Dummy AA Weapons the Oracle will fire off attacks like so (Mega Laser from the bottom first then the lasers from each axis)

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WeaponStages are capped at a maximum of 6.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow that is a very good desgine Smile

Edit: I guess that huge housing glass thing will be Blue..bah wont see detail inside like a real mother ship or are you thinking of making it without the glass if you want to make it ?

Last edited by Bu7loos on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, I like this thing. Everything you need out of an intimidating assault weapon, big laser cannons and spikey things. Will it spin like the floating disc?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated Graphics. Old Graphics are available in the Colony Learning chambers (To select people)

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, thats Yurishly bizarre as usual #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon