Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Heart of the Swarm has launched
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject:  Heart of the Swarm has launched Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, it's out since yesterday with a big bang release party all over the globe.
Who's got it already? First impressions? i couldn't hold myself and watch the campaign already on YT and, yeah, it concludes WoL and i find it awesome.
I haven't got the game yet, but next week i will. Smile

Hydraw Art on Facebook

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, I will be interested to play the campaign and then wait few years for Protoss story...

Still Blizzard is best at story telling IMO, else I disagree with some design decisions...

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I CAN'T WAIT. YES!

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't wait to spend 60 dollars on an expansion pack.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
I can't wait to spend 60 dollars on an expansion pack.

it's 40 dollars, and it's sorta expansion, but a standalone and has to offer a lot, a-lot of features and implementations along the singleplayer campaign, which is really good, therefore i'd see it as sorta "SC2-part 2".

for those living behind the rock who haven't seen it already. Very Happy

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bought it on launch day, standard edition, I don't care for WoW pets or the Diablo III kerrigan wings.
Here (Chile) the expansion by itself is being sold for about 40 dollars, Wings of Liberty plus Heart of the Swarm is beign sold for 60 dollars.

Currently playing the campaign (well, not right now, I'm at "work" now).
I liked the large kerrigan poster that came with the physical copy; I would have preferred a t-shirt though.

Impressions so far... I like Abathur, reminds me of a zergified Mordin Solus, I only want to see him sing.
I was also kinda disappointed with the installation, since it seems that all the expansion content was added by the recent patches; I didn't even need to insert the disc/download stuff to install the expansion Confused, I was expecting a WoL like installer (the disc content seems to be just a patched version of WoL).
Gameplay wise, I'm liking the new units, specially the alternate mode for thors; heh a lot of terran units transform now (hellions, siege tanks, thors, widow mines and vikings transform).
In relation to the campaign, the first missions are better than in WoL so far, so that's good.

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm, but the ending is almost the same thing that leaked 2 years ago in December 2010...

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Martin Killer wrote:
Hmmm, but the ending is almost the same thing that leaked 2 years ago in December 2010...

Well that leaked video WAS labeled as HotS ending, so I guess it was an early draft for it or something.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Even if it was, they would at last not make it identical - they had 26 months till shipping game to change it. Looks like all 3 parts were made long ago.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

doesn't matter, with the whole Hots part of the story, the ending is great, i really really have come to love kerrigan for what she does and what she is in this.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My previous power supply had a protection against zergling rush, really. When I was going to update the zerglings in this expansion pack campaign for the first time, it has blowned up, expelled that smokey smell and shut down my whole system. Now I'm unable to update zerglings... but not for long.

I've rebuilt the computer already with a much better power supply. Actually, I've also changed motherboard, processor, RAM and some other stuff I've bought in my last trip and they are all in. Although I couldn't figure out if anything else has been affected, but I think it didn't. I was going to update my PC anyway. The problem is now my windows and its lovely blue screen. To make things worse, this new system is incompatible with my CD/DVD drivers.

But... as far as I could play. I like the game. I was just disappointed with the fate of Jim Raynor.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:

But... as far as I could play. I like the game. I was just disappointed with the fate of Jim Raynor.

really, if you have played broodwars you'll face a few really neat suprises, go on in the campaign, i really dig the way they took it Very Happy

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How WoL choises affects HotS? I mean, HotS indeed have mentions about my choises
(Nova says it could be all different, Tunnels been flooded by lava, Horner saying Tosh agreed to aid) Are there alt dialog lines or its just a canon?

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They do, minor stuff only, apparently.

I sided with Tosh, and during a conversation with Nova, she said she wasn't going to forgive Raynor... not expanding the rest since it's spoilery.
I also destroyed Char's space platform in WoL; in Hots when Kerrigan reconquers Char, I had no air support (at least the advisors said that... dunno if it would have mattered, since I hadn't unlocked any air units at that time), the AI had extra air units though.
I don't know if helping the protoss or the colonists had/has any effect, so far it hasn't been mentioned, or I missed if it was.

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must admit that it's hard to find a defensive/turtle Single Player mission in HotS - outstanding. Either you are attacked by 7 cruisers that are destroyable by buildings across the map you have to activate or your standing units are nuked all the time, impressive for me. Player must bind hotkeys to their Hatcheries and be sure their economy is working. When you want to stand all the time in your main base you simply lose.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

play it love it waiting for Legacy of the Void.
only problem is choice in WOL didn't effect to HoTS but it just minor problem since they never claim to do such thing like Mass Effect.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Holy_Master:
They do, but only minor changes easy to miss in missions, and small dialogue changes.

After finishing the game I must say I have only 1 problem with it; it was way easier than WoL, specially the last mission. That said it might have been my fault for choosing stuff that synergized itself (as an example Splitterlings, with rupture and summon banelings; that was fun to play Very Happy), though then it would have been even easier if I had chosen Swarmlings and Vipers instead of Raptors and Broodlords, since I found both useless.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dunno, even i side with Nova in Wol she still said i side with Tosh.

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BLords weren't useless at all o.O especially in the mission where you get the Ultra, I prefered the BLords.
The one where you had to defend these droppods wasn't hard with the BLords neither.

The final mission was a bit hard for me, yet it was because I was quite tired at that point. I needed about 50 minutes to complete it xD

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Zaaz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Game story wise, I think WoL and HoTs are a disapointment. I much prefer sc1 story, kerrigan is a big stereotype and, well, just like any other character in sc2 :l.

But gameplay wise and fun wise, sc2 is pretty great.
Once again, I just play ums maps because I suck at multiplayer... which is also why I liked cnc so much , their games had a good story and neat assets.

I wish 2D RTS were still alive tho. SC2 3D is not bad, but goddamn, how I'd like to see 2D RTS with today's tech and resolution.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've enjoyed WoL's story. HotS is a bit harder to play, because I don't like playing zergs at all.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, I finally got it and actually I think it's too easy. Playing on Hard and I've had not really many issues and I totally suck at micro. Biggest issue so far is the WarCraftyness of it all, so many hero missions and silly bear creatures you have to kill. Other than that it seems pretty good, lots of work put into all the extra campaign units and evolutions etc

Zaaz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"so many hero missions and silly bear creatures you have to kill."

Agreed :l

AS for playing zerg, I am quite annoyed by the Queen voice yelling at me that there's never enough overlords :p

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum