Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:58 am
All times are UTC + 0
Red alert 3 graphics (part 2)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
tekka warrior
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject:  Red alert 3 graphics (part 2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello!

In a previous topic i was told that my graphics card on my HP G6, could not run RA3 on maxed out graphics, so does anyone know a laptop that can?

P.S:you are probably wondering(why not get a desktop) well i always leave and I take my laptop with me so...

Thanks!

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no idea, but I suppose the specifications are the same as a desktop.
And I have a very old desktop that runs RA3 very smoothly with everything maxed out, so I can possibly tell you what you need.
I have an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.7 GHz, 2GB RAM, and a Nvidia 8800 GT 512MB graphics card (that's dedicated) (for games, always ask for dedicated instead of integrated graphics cards).
That's all I can do for help right now.
Good luck!

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yo dawg, I herd u need a laptop that can run sick ass RA3 gfx and shit fo extra cheap and shit.

Toshiba Satellite A355 is what I had when I was in Iraq in 2009, and it ran RA3 pretty boss. Hell, I even modeled in 3DS a lot while there. It could run it on (near) max settings. I could max it out, but when shit got real and there was a lot of animation going on, it tended to drop to about 15FPS.

Good luck!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems that my laptop's Radeon HD 7670M can max out C&C3 at 1600x900 and 2x MSAA, so you'd want at least something as powerful for the GPU, preferably something that's slightly faster. For an Nvidia equivalent, the GeForce GT 635M should offer slightly better performance.

The other components shouldn't affect the game's performance much, since any modern CPU in a laptop which includes those discrete GPUs should be more than fast enough for RA3.

tekka warrior
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Red alert 3 graphics (part 2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks guys for your help!

Rampastein how much memory does your radeon have?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Red alert 3 graphics (part 2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tekka warrior wrote:
Rampastring how much memory does your radeon have?

1 GB.

tekka warrior
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Red alert 3 graphics (part 2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good, what is the name of your laptop?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Red alert 3 graphics (part 2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tekka warrior wrote:
Good, what is the name of your laptop?

Asus X73T. However, I'd recommend getting something newer if your budget allows it, the AMD Llano APU it uses is already outdated with AMD's new, higher-efficiency Trinity (and soon Richland) APUs being out there. Intel CPUs are also a good choice IF they're paired with a capable discrete GPU.

tekka warrior
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Red alert 3 graphics (part 2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So to wrap this up, i need a good CPU and a  7670M hd ?  (or better)

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Red alert 3 graphics (part 2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tekka warrior wrote:
So to wrap this up, i need a good CPU and a  7670M hd ?  (or better)

Just look at the GPU (= graphics card / graphics processing unit), it's the most important part for games. And yeah, you need at least Radeon HD 7670M or a GeForce GT 635M.

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey hey, wait a moment, I said I can run it smoothly in a GeForce 8800 GT, and that's way older and worse than a GT 635M so this is good news Smile

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, with your 8800 GT being an old high-end desktop card, it's about as powerful as a GTX 635M (which is a lower-end current generation mobile graphics card). It just uses much more power than the GTX 635M does to achieve the same level of performance because of its older, less efficient technology.

tekka warrior
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Red alert 3 graphics (part 2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there anything for laptops better than the 7670M?

Because i went through its specs, and i saw that it cant run games on ultra, the benchmarks said so.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Red alert 3 graphics (part 2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tekka warrior wrote:
Is there anything for laptops better than the 7670M?

Because i went through its specs, and i saw that it cant run games on ultra, the benchmarks said so.

Most likely the benchmarks you've been looking at have been for more demanding games than RA3 (or RA3 is more demanding than C&C3; I don't know since I haven't played RA3).

Anyway, yes, of course there are more powerful GPUs available if you have the money for them.

For Nvidia, there's GT 640M, GT 645M, GT 650M, GTX 660M, GTX 670M, GTX 675M and GTX 680M (soon to be replaced by the mobile GTX 700 series however).

For AMD, there's HD 7770M, HD 7850M, HD 7870M, and HD 7970M (which are also in the process of being replaced by the 8000M series however).

tekka warrior
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Red alert 3 graphics (part 2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So wich laptop has any radeon cards you listed?

7970M for example.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know, did you check Google for any ideas?
Here's a little help to get you going: http://bit.ly/143QHDY

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems that OEM's aren't really using high-end AMD GPUs in their laptops for some reason. The MSI GX60 is the only laptop with the 7970M which I was able to find after some googling. Reading some hardware forums, it seems that most people who want high-end AMD GPUs for their laptops order them from companies which provide custom-built laptops.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The best advice i could give you would probably be to decide your budget and what you really want your laptop to be able to run, and after that to make a choice of laptop.

Fact: AMD armed laptops are cheaper than with intel/nvidia, the mentined MSI GX60 has AMD quad core with Radeon HD 7970M dedicated and FullHD and 8Gb ram. It costs about €1000,- the best nvidia card laptop you can get for that money would probably have an GT 650M which is significantly less powerfull, although it would have a more powerfull CPU(probably i7-3630QM).

As for intel haswell, it's just again slightly better CPU's with better intergrated graphics. Simply said Quadcore is Quadcore whether it's AMD or intel, unless you use cores 100% you ain't gonna notice much difference between AMD/intel Quadcores.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The-Light wrote:
..although it would have a more powerfull CPU(probably i7-3630QM).

And the CPU is less important than the GPU for running modern games. In testing it has been found out that the GX60's APU bottlenecks the 7970M in some games, but the laptop as a whole still provides a better price-to-performance ratio than most laptops using Intel/Nvidia hardware (source: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gx60-gaming-laptop-radeon-hd-7970m,3478.html ).

Btw, there's a GX70 available now, making the GX60 outdated. Its CPU appears to be around 10-15% more powerful, so it should be less of a bottleneck (although it'll still surely be a bottleneck; it'll just be less severe).

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum