Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 pm
All times are UTC + 0
TS/RA2 future at OpenRA
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [149 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That Kirov looks frickin' awesome. Looks like you nailed it.

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sooooo bigg, so huge like it's realistic! sugoiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~ Matt, you are the best CNC modder EVER!!

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like to propose that some mod split this topic at whatever point it became all about OpenRA.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, done.

I'm quite happy with the direction that OpenRA is taking so far. I hope one day OpenRA becomes more attractive to mod than TS or RA2/YR.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For me it already is #Tongue

Actually, "was", for quite some months. And this new progress makes me drool. However, what I really wait, is the engine to actually accept YR/TS .pal files, and to be able to have custom palettes for each building. That would be awesome. Or at least assign another palette, and use that palette multiple times, since I don't really appreciate the RA1 palette TBH.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Matthias M. wrote:
Katzsmile already did this concept

with just OpenRA, custom made SHP(TS) sprites and fake isometry terrain tiles borrowed from C&C ReWire.

Is this TS for OpenRA?

It looks cool, much neater than original TS.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well. This is something nice. I'd love to mod OpenRA with voxel support. Very Happy

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now this game just needs some AI  Razz

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made a screenshot, but you should compile https://github.com/pchote/OpenRA/tree/voxels yourself because voxels look quite the same on stills as sprites, but feel a lot more fluent when they are turning.

The game already supports custom palettes and defining them per unit.

voxeltest-20130224.png
 Description:
Tech demo adding scaled down TS voxels to the Tiberian Dawn mod
 Filesize:  33.74 KB
 Viewed:  23109 Time(s)

voxeltest-20130224.png

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are there any tutorials? OpenRA is a very different to me from WW's ini editing.
I would like to learn some basic stuff like creating new unit(building), weapon, vfx effects, terrain maybe. Or how to create fresh clean setup (literaly blank) for non-CnC mod.

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
Are there any tutorials? OpenRA is a very different to me from WW's ini editing.
I would like to learn some basic stuff like creating new unit(building), weapon, vfx effects, terrain maybe. Or how to create fresh clean setup (literaly blank) for non-CnC mod.

It's not that different, there is some documentation on the wiki, just edit in notepad++ to keep the formatting, it's a kinda like the ini's if you open it in notepad++.
https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/Traits
https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki

Here is an example of what the yaml look like from cnc's structures.yaml
Code:
NUKE:
   Inherits: ^Building
   Valued:
      Cost: 300
   Tooltip:
      Name: Power Plant
      Icon: nukeicnh
      Description: Generates power
   ProvidesCustomPrerequisite:
      Prerequisite: anypower
   Buildable:
      BuildPaletteOrder: 10
      Owner: gdi,nod
      Prerequisites: fact
   Building:
      Power: 100
      Footprint: x_ xx
      Dimensions: 2,2
   Health:
      HP: 400
   RevealsShroud:
      Range: 4
   Bib:

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is. That's YAML. A totally different syntax with a stricter parser.

FYI WW parser ignores whitespaces, OpenRA headshots itself if you miss the tabbing from these 'so called' traits.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Matthias M. wrote:
I made a screenshot, but you should compile https://github.com/pchote/OpenRA/tree/voxels

Already did long time ago but can't compile it with nether Visual Studio 2010 C# or Visual Studio 2012 C# or Xamarin Studio
Code:
Error   1   Source file 'C:\Users\user\Desktop\OpenRA-voxels\OpenRA.Mods.RA\DebugFiringOffsets.cs' could not be opened ('Unspecified error ')   OpenRA.Mods.RA
Error   2   Metadata file 'C:\Users\user\Desktop\OpenRA-voxels\OpenRA.Mods.RA\bin\Debug\OpenRA.Mods.RA.dll' could not be found   OpenRA.Mods.Cnc
Error   3   Metadata file 'C:\Users\user\Desktop\OpenRA-voxels\OpenRA.Mods.RA\bin\Debug\OpenRA.Mods.RA.dll' could not be found   OpenRA.Mods.D2k
Error   4   'OpenRA.Traits.RenderSimple' does not contain a definition for 'GetImage'   C:\Users\user\Desktop\OpenRA-voxels\OpenRA.Editor\RenderUtils.cs   48   29   OpenRA.Editor
Warning   5   There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "C:\Users\user\Desktop\OpenRA-voxels\OpenRA.Game.exe", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.   OpenRA.Mods.RA
Warning   6   Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly.   OpenRA.Mods.RA
Warning   7   There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "C:\Users\user\Desktop\OpenRA-voxels\OpenRA.Game.exe", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.   OpenRA.Mods.Cnc
Warning   8   There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "C:\Users\user\Desktop\OpenRA-voxels\OpenRA.Game.exe", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.   OpenRA.Renderer.Cg
Warning   9   There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "C:\Users\user\Desktop\OpenRA-voxels\OpenRA.Game.exe", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.   OpenRA.Utility
Warning   10   There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "C:\Users\user\Desktop\OpenRA-voxels\OpenRA.Game.exe", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.   OpenRA.Renderer.Null
Warning   11   There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "C:\Users\user\Desktop\OpenRA-voxels\OpenRA.Game.exe", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.   OpenRA.Renderer.Gl
Warning   12   There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "C:\Users\user\Desktop\OpenRA-voxels\OpenRA.Game.exe", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.   OpenRA.Renderer.SdlCommon
Warning   13   There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "C:\Users\user\Desktop\OpenRA-voxels\OpenRA.Game.exe", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.   OpenRA.Mods.D2k
Warning   14   There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "C:\Users\user\Desktop\OpenRA-voxels\OpenRA.TilesetBuilder.exe", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.   OpenRA.Mods.D2k

If i remove the DebugFiringOffsets.cs and fix the architecture issues then it compiles in both VS'es but i can't get it to start even if i add all the dll's nether release or debug compiles start

The bleed one i downloaded two days ago compiles correctly and works fine after copying all the dlls and SDL.dll in

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
The AI has improved a lot in the latest committs. You verify that by downloading an unstable playtest if you have any doubts.

Yes this is what I have played

Hard is still easier than say TS AI on easy (i know its wip/alpha etc, just sayin)

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does OpenRA allow Jumpjet/Balloonhover Units/Infantry yet?

It would be nice if it could... (I might make a Kirov demake for OpenRA Assets)

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:

raminator also gave the community a template for 3dsmax:

http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=15123

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Impressive!

Correct me if my eyes deceive me! but are the shadows drawn from all voxel sections? I see in the screenshot, apocalypse tank has its body and barrel shadows cast.

and lovely Rewire.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ickus wrote:
Impressive!

Correct me if my eyes deceive me! but are the shadows drawn from all voxel sections? I see in the screenshot, apocalypse tank has its body and barrel shadows cast.

and lovely Rewire.

And a Halftruck...just look how it's right side is very well self-shaded. Realy adds depth to voxel. Very well done.

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The voxel branch is not yet ready to merge. There is work to do. Paul knows about the compiler issues. The VS problems occur because we mostly develop on Linux/Mac, but we try to keep our bleed branch Windows friendly. SHP(RA2) seems to work now although the code could need a little cleanup.

openra-yr-test.png
 Description:
Quick developer test with Yuris Revenge assets inside the Red Alert 1 mod with Tiberian Dawn terrain.
 Filesize:  222.19 KB
 Viewed:  22851 Time(s)

openra-yr-test.png

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...you're developing on Linux?
Do tell how your stack is set up.

(I figured I should wait 'till I have a proper Win build environment, because of the whole .NET-ness. Never quite trusted Mono.)

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

would be nice if the turret-voxel would cast shadows on the tank-voxel. other than that pretty amazing =)

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

building shadow frames and voxel vpl,just need those

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So does this mean OpenRA2 and OpenTS are going to happen as specific mods, or is there going to be just code additions to support voxel and shp formats?

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
So does this mean OpenRA2 and OpenTS are going to happen as specific mods, or is there going to be just code additions to support voxel and shp formats?

OpenRA uses mods and yaml configuration internally to switch on/off every feature. The new fileformats have been integrated into the core engine. New gameplay traits are usually added to mod libraries, but as we already got repairable bridges for Red Alert 1 and Tiberian Dawn and we also want things like gates in RA1 not everything will live in OpenRA.Mods.TS/RA2.dll I guess.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where can I get the latest verison for this, with all the recently changes you and your team made to OpenRA?

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zero18 wrote:
Where can I get the latest verison for this, with all the recently changes you and your team made to OpenRA?

We are currently in feature freeze because a new stable version where we fixed all desyncs in multiplayer and added lot's of polishing to the UI is coming real soon now.

A ts mod is WIP in the git repositories but likely this is all going to change drastically as we have to refactor a lot of the core engine to integrate it without dirty hacks, so better not start modding with this already. Wait for a future playtest release with extended file format support.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey, is the TS mod gonna stick with how TS plays or is it gonna be like openra or td mod and have balance fixes?

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking nice, but there should really check the lag problems Embarassed

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
hey, is the TS mod gonna stick with how TS plays or is it gonna be like openra or td mod and have balance fixes?

if that was the case it would be unplayable. so i'd hope they fix the ztyping tech-bug.....among other critical things...

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
Volgin wrote:

if that was the case it would be unplayable. so i'd hope they fix the ztyping tech-bug.....among other critical things...

We have a rule of thumb: "Don't implement legacy bugs!" and don't recreate the most matching legacy experience (get the Freeware original for that), but the perfect game.

MrTweek
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that is cool... the Structure gives the whole ability to port Models from Mods like TO to OpenRa <.<

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You may not realize, but file formats are way easier than adding support for the isometric perspective. It took Paul around a year now and I guess few people will see the amazing break-through this WIP screenshot indicates. It still needs a lot of love, but expect more progress in this direction soon.

Gz5mFkY.png
 Description:
TMP(TS) terrain tile in isometric perspective
 Filesize:  368.3 KB
 Viewed:  21031 Time(s)

Gz5mFkY.png

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow! Looks just like TS(except for the sandbags, but that's a minor problem)

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's amazing.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That looks pretty cool, save for the obvious bugs.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks promising, but to be honest I think that OpenRA would become far more popular with TS and RA2 modders (which I believe are currently a majority of at least the 2D C&C modding scene) if you'd ditch the YAML system and switch back to the INI system.
Maybe you could even give people the option to use one or the other somehow...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those building shadows are interesting...  They look like they're being dynamically generated?

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Leave the buildings, look at the infantry and the Titan. These shadows are not the normal shadows that were in TS.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
Looks promising, but to be honest I think that OpenRA would become far more popular with TS and RA2 modders (which I believe are currently a majority of at least the 2D C&C modding scene) if you'd ditch the YAML system and switch back to the INI system.
Maybe you could even give people the option to use one or the other somehow...

I think that would be a waste of dev time far better spent on making real improvements to the engine, especially since this would likely require a major engine-refactoring. The effort/gain-ratio would be totally off, as there are no real benefits other than some modders not having to leave their comfort zone of ini-modding.

PillBox20 wrote:
Leave the buildings, look at the infantry and the Titan. These shadows are not the normal shadows that were in TS.

They are. The only difference is probably how much shadow darkens the ground, but the shadow alpha value can be customised in OpenRA. The Titans' shadow is also cut off at the cell to the right of the Titan (a bug in all likelyness), which is why it looks a bit different.
Other than that, it's just your eyes/memory playing a trick on you Wink

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20 wrote:

WW made the error of having building and unit lighting facing in different directions, if thats what you are referring too?

Can take a look for yourself
http://tfgdb.com/Artwork/1357572097.jpg

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:

They are. The only difference is probably how much shadow darkens the ground, but the shadow alpha value can be customised in OpenRA. The Titans' shadow is also cut off at the cell to the right of the Titan (a bug in all likelyness), which is why it looks a bit different.
Other than that, it's just your eyes/memory playing a trick on you Wink

Are you drunk?
Those are dinamic shadows not the crap WW got stuck with,OpenRA has had them for almost year now Confused

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
WW made the error of having building and unit lighting facing in different directions, if thats what you are referring too?

I never noticed that before.  Laughing

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Goddamnit smiff - I didn't need to see that distracting mess. lol! Also, the WF has entirely different sunlight on it than the other buildings.... wtf.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what the hell
I never noticed that thing with unit shadows

arent they hardcoded within shp to just 1 side ?

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With the exception of projectiles, all shadows in TS are part of the SHPs themselves. I have no idea what you mean with "hardcoded" though...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomsons26lv wrote:

Are you drunk?
Those are dinamic shadows not the crap WW got stuck with,OpenRA has had them for almost year now Confused

Easy there  Rolling Eyes
That only applies to voxels, because voxels are technically 3D, so generating dynamic shadows is possible when you have a light source.

But Orac and Pillbox were talking about the buildings, infantry and Titan, which clearly use the SHP shadows (except for the Titan's voxel barrel, obviously).

Renegade wrote:
SMIFFGIG wrote:

They should have called the game "Tiberian Suns" Laughing

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:
tomsons26lv wrote:

Are you drunk?

Easy there  Rolling Eyes
That only applies to voxels, because voxels are technically 3D, so generating dynamic shadows is possible when you have a light source.

But Orac and Pillbox were talking about the buildings, infantry and Titan, which clearly use the SHP shadows (except for the Titan's voxel barrel, obviously).

Renegade wrote:
SMIFFGIG wrote:

They should have called the game "Tiberian Suns" Laughing

Yeah i know,forgot that the Titan is a shp, sorry. Embarassed

I have noticed the lighting issues since day one, WW was really rushed by EA when making TS so they did not have the time to correct all that.
My guess would be TS originally had different lighting and they are leftovers from that time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [149 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!