Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:31 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject:  Wolfenstein: The New Order
Subject description: Nazi Robots on the Moon!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now...i'm not sure who if any here are Wolfenstein fans. But it was probably one of the first video games I ever actually played and have always been a bit of a fan of the series mainly cause of the paranormal tidbits. I rather enjoyed Return to Castle Wolfenstein and did enjoy the newer Wolfenstein (2009) game despite some extra silliness in it. From what i'm gathering so far on this new one...it seems to be taking the series into a wtf direction that I can only hope they somehow connect it well with Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Wolfenstein. But if it ends up not having Deathshead in it and having nothing to do with paranormal/occult stuff and is only alternate history with nazi robots...then i'm going to be sad.

Anyways...any other fans of the series? And what do people think from the initial impressions of Wolfenstein: The New Order?

and if you want to sit through it...(more of an interview/talking video than any real preview)

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I'm going to bump this topic of mine as well...because well it's out on Steam today it seems.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE1FAdw2P2M&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrE1FAdw2P2M&has_verified=1[/youtube]

now I'd really like to get it...but well my computer is a laptop from 2009...It's surprised me with some games like the new Tomb Raider (which it hardly ran though...) but I kinda doubt it'll even be able to open this one...so I can't get it until I finally upgrade...

Minimum requirements from steam:
Processor: Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce 460, ATI Radeon HD 6850
Hard Drive: 50 GB available space

so yea...

anyways anyone getting this? And if so tell me what you think of it cause i've been a Wolfenstein fan since the early days and this one...while the story seems too played up the gameplay itself looks pretty damn good to me.

oh and another trailer..

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I can find the time I may give it a try. It looks interesting.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yo thats awesome.

They're puttin' that CGI to good use.

At the beginning of the trailer, where those four mountain rock heads are getting blown up, theres a Nazi soldier on the left side of the crowd that turns his head towards another soldier, and the look on his face is fuckin hilarious - he's so happy Very Happy

This looks like an over the top FPS action roflstomp campaign, like CoD, but way more fun.

Whats the multiplayer like?

yah I played the original Wolfenstien for countless hours on my first PC.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:

Whats the multiplayer like?

non-existent

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ooooohhh SNAP! So they puttin all their time into a campaign. Groovy.

I hope theres like skirmish or deathmatch with bots or something along side this campaign.

Thats what I wished AVP (2010) had. Fun campaigns, but multiplayer might get axed.

Gears of War 2 & 3 had that nice feature of total offline play in the multiplayer game modes but with some bots. Change of pace from playing the same scripted campaign story over and over.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i really want to plat it so bad but only problem is 50GB of space require.

even it's next gen game but still don't understand what make it use so much space... [mega texture like Rage?]

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know what makes it use so much space...I'd like to think it's just cause it's a long ass game with some decent textures and what not.

but anyways....currently Wolfenstein: The New Order is 50% off on Steam for like the next 18 hours during the Summer Sales on steam. Sooo...if you've been thinking you want to try it, and you have a steam account....it could be a nice grab.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It does use id Tech 5 so it is probably the megatextures. I'd love to play it but the size is also a bit of a problem for me, and probably it wouldn't play smoothly (though RAGE did so I don't know).

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum