Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 pm
All times are UTC + 0
CCCIII: Scars of a Far, Far Planet [2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject:  CCCIII: Scars of a Far, Far Planet [2]
Subject description: LordCesare's entry: 9th Place
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCCIII: Scars of a Far, Far Planet [2]
LordCesare's entry: 9th Place

Detail: You did a good job as far as Lunar maps go in terms of detail. There isn't a plain area on the map, craters, rocks and crevices are used well. Nice job.

7/10

Layout: It is stated in the competition rules that Lunar maps are allowed, but they are bound to result in a low layout score. There is no real layout with any lunar map. A nice wide landscape makes for good battles all the time and the build space is significant. There is nothing else to say.

2/10

Lighting: The lighting was nice, reminicent of the 6th Soviet Mission in YR. Whilst it was nice, there wasn't much else done. Some negative light posts around the map would've been a nice effect too.

6/10

Gameplay: I really like Lunar maps that are done well, meaning when specific units are disabled/eneabled and special triggers have been done to enhance the players credits. This map isn't necessarily done badly, but it's done relatively well. Some units should've been disabled (Mirage Tank, V3 Launcher) and others enabled (Rocketeer, Desolator, Even the Tesla Trooper and Chrono Legionaire), but it still plays well with the limited units.

6/10

Triggers/Effects: Oh the pure cheese that is Yuri's Revenge. UFO's on the moon and crates spawning for extra cash. I understand there isn't much else you can do with a lunar map, but what you did do was nice.

5/10

Overall - 26/50

Don't let the overall score discourage you, it is a very well done Lunar map, but since the theater doesn't offer cliffs, water or much else to help you form a layout then there isn't really much you can do. That is what effected your score the most, but in terms of detail, it's a very good Lunar map. I'd reccomend modders use it if they have a Lunar game-mode.

ScarsOfAFarFarPlanet2.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ScarsOfAFarFarPlanet2.rar
 Filesize:  93.39 KB
 Downloaded:  816 Time(s)

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, you should enable Desolators and tesla Troopers. I haven't play with Allies only, but you indeed should disable Mirage Tani if it is enabled cause there are not trees on Moon so Mirage is useless. Well, that is questionable, because he disguises into terrain objects, so actually can be used on lunar maps with lot of rocks.
And enable Legionnaire. I do not know about Ore Purifier, but you can replace its purifying ability with money incoming, money transfer like Oil Derricks.
I do not see why Industrial Plant for Soviets got disabled? or map is messing with my mod something...

Anyway, I like it, very good and fun map.
The best detail in whole map is Floating Discs appearing around and moving randomly towards map! I enjoyed hunting them. Good work man!

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon