Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm
All times are UTC + 0
D-day v3.7 beta release
Moderators: Mig Eater
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject:  D-day v3.7 beta release Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's June 6th, D-day!

This year marks the 69th anniversary of the Allied landings in Normandy, it's also the 11th year that D-day has been in development. But more importantly it's the 1st anniversary of D-day's public release. To celebrate all these anniversaries I'm proud to announce the release of version 3.7 of D-day.

The last year has seen a lot of work done to D-day, many bugs have been fixed, improvements to the game play, updated graphics & over 100 new units!

The main addition to v3.7 is the inclusion of Hungary as a new playable country, with 47 new buildings & units, most of which have never been seen in a WW2 game, or even mod before.

America has also been split into two sub faction, the Army & Marine Corps. Playing as the Army gives you units most commonly seen in the European theater, choosing the Marine Corps though lets you play using units from the Pacific war.

There are also four new maps to play on all of which are based on real life locations:

First is the map of Berlin which has gone through several iterations over the last decade, each one more detailed & accurate then the last. This one being the first to reach a playable state, it is however still a work in progress & is missing a few things, which will be added in the next beta.

Staying in Europe the second map is based on Arnhem which most will know from Operation Market Garden, where British paratroops held the bridge single handily against German forces for over a week!

Next is the first Pacific themed map to be added to D-day, Wake Island. This tiny spot of land in the middle of the Pacific Ocean was attacked just after the bombing of Pearl Harbour & after two weeks of fighting fell to Japanese forces.

Lastly is D-day's first desert map the Suez Canal. Even though no fighting ever took place around this vital water way it was one of Erwin Rommel's main objectives during the North Africa campaign. The British managed to stop him though & then go on to defeat the German forces in Africa.

Unfortunately there are a few things that didn't make it into this beta too:

Naval warfare is still a work in progress & isn't included in this release, several sides are still missing the ships needed for all sides to be balanced.

Superweapons are also still not available, The majority of the code is done but they still require a lot more artwork before they are finished.

The capture point system that I recently posted about isn't complete either, it will take some more time to code all the AI scripts necessary to make them use the cap points efficiently.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some beautiful screenshots there Mig, downloading now. If you have any maps of places that you'd want for, well, maps then maybe put them up somewhere? I wouldn't mind giving mapping a go with D-Day and basing them off real locations often makes it a lot less tiresome.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulations on D-Day release. Have a fun time in Portsmouth :p

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is awesome. Downloading now.

4StarGeneral wrote:
I CAN USE CAPS TOO, HOW DOES IT FEEL?

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why did I lose my discs... Someone do a lets play so I can see this in action #Tongue .

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares supports no CD patchs.

4StarGeneral wrote:

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

D-Day is, hands down, the most beautiful YR mod ever made. I am jealous. JEALOUS!

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRkGlAcEoN wrote:
Ares supports no CD patchs.
That's not the case though Ares itself has a No-CD function.

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ohh. -OmegaBolt
What would the super weapons be like?

4StarGeneral wrote:

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A Kill Sat,Artillery Strike,Airstrike,Field Repair,Field Heal,Paradrop Come to mind...

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I GET TO PLAY AS THE MARINES

ERR

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
A Kill Sat,Artillery Strike,Airstrike,Field Repair,Field Heal,Paradrop Come to mind...

I guess.

4StarGeneral wrote:

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really quick guys. I ran "RunAres.bat" to play the mod, but then EA Origins decided to be a complete bitch and tell me that I've never purchased the Ultimate Collection, so now I'm unable to play any of the games I paid for.

It may just be an issue on my side, but I'm extremely frustrated as EA is offering no support on the matter and I can't find anything on Google related to the issue.

EDIT: This what meant as a "Hey guys, be careful!" I played a little bit of the mod. It's beautiful.

EDIT2: It wasn't the mod. Origins is just crap and I've fixed the issue.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scorched Earth wrote:
Really quick guys. I ran "RunAres.bat" to play the mod, but then EA Origins decided to be a complete bitch and tell me that I've never purchased the Ultimate Collection, so now I'm unable to play any of the games I paid for.

It may just be an issue on my side, but I'm extremely frustrated as EA is offering no support on the matter and I can't find anything on Google related to the issue.

EDIT: This what meant as a "Hey guys, be careful!" I played a little bit of the mod. It's beautiful.

EDIT2: It wasn't the mod. Origins is just crap and I've fixed the issue.

You had Red Alert 2/yuri before, correct? Then I would say the issues are on your side. I was gonna buy the Ultimate Collection, but its a freakin download...... I can ask a friend to try and run DDAY on his computer since he owns the UC and see whats what. I suggest you re-install the  game from the disc, you can run the UC while still having the game install from disc.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just want to say that this mod is visually stunning and the work Mig has put into this has paid off. I especially love those giant buildings Smile

Looney
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there,

I was wondering if it's possible to use this mod on origin, I bought the Ultimate Edition and I doesn't seem to work on it.

I've tried searching for a way, but can't seem to find anything that works.

Thanks alot

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As far as I know, putting the modfiles and launching the runAres bat should work.

The Origin executable itself was Ares compatible, I didn't have access to a complete Origin installation.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Looney
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
As far as I know, putting the modfiles and launching the runAres bat should work.

The Origin executable itself was Ares compatible, I didn't have access to a complete Origin installation.

Ah, I forgot to set the compatibility the same on some files.
Thanks alot, love the mod!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon