Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:21 am
All times are UTC + 0
Final Alert Yuris Revenge
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject:  Final Alert Yuris Revenge
Subject description: How to make it work for mods
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've recently installed a few different mods and I've been wanting to edit maps.

When I open up Final Alert, it only allows me to edit vanilla maps. I used to know how to make it work for mods, but that was a long time ago (before I went to boot camp) so I'm a little rusty.

If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it.

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it's a check box. (Could be wrong, it's been a few years since I used Final Alert)

4StarGeneral wrote:
I CAN USE CAPS TOO, HOW DOES IT FEEL?

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Options -> Settings -> Support mods

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
Options -> Settings -> Support mods

RP, that option was already the default setting. Creating a new map still only uses the vanilla terrain and units, however. I can choose the .exe file that Final Alert uses as a reference for what terrain/units to use, etc., but mods such as D-Day don't have one.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then add a fake, or dummy so it knows where to look.
Do you have a registry key for Yuri's Revenge? If that is not equal to the location of your D-Day file either remove the key, or modify it to D-Day folder.

/ppm/'s stupidity

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Currently, D-Day is in the same folder as the main executable file, and yes I have a proper key. Hope that helps because I'm very rusty with CnC modding.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What exactly does 'edit vanilla maps' mean?
If you describe it a bit better, I might be able to understand what exactly isn't working for you.

/ppm/'s stupidity

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright.

I'm running Final Alert in hopes of editing/creating maps for mods that I've installed for Yuri's Revenge. However, a few of the mods require Ares to run, and therefore do not have their own executable files and run off of RunAres.bat instead. So, running Final Alert will only allow me to edit the vanilla RA2YR maps, or create new ones for it. What I'm saying is, I don't know how to work with Final Alert if I want to edit/create new maps for mods that do not have executable files.

EDIT: For instance; I have D-Day in my main RA2YR folder. Running the normal executable file runs vanilla RA2. Running RunAres.bat plays D-Day. When I start up Final Alert, it only allows me to work with vanilla RA2YR maps, and not D-Day.

I understand I may not be able to actually create D-Day maps, but it's the same issue with other mods.

Last edited by Scorched Earth on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Check some things;

Mixes need to be named as follows:
ecacheXXmd.mix
expandXXmd.mix

No protected mixes, INI files are recommended to be in the directory. Make sure that FA2 does read the files from the D-Day folder.

FA2 does not work with ares 'split'-rules.ini.
The one where you could seperate general coding from units, aircraft etc. It should be in rulesmd.ini only.

/ppm/'s stupidity

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

D-day should work with FA2 as long as the files are in the RA2 folder, extracting the artmd & rulesmd files might help too.

D-day's terrain also uses custom pal files that don't work with FA2 so all the colours will be messed up.
To fix it you need to replace the pal files in the ra2.mix > cachemd.mix, which is not advisable unless you know what you are doing.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the info Mig

4StarGeneral wrote:
I CAN USE CAPS TOO, HOW DOES IT FEEL?

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, I'll have to try extracting the files then. I could try experimenting with the pallets as well, though D-Day is not my only focus.

My own mod is being mean to me, but that's my own fault for abandoning it for almost a year.

Thank you guys.

Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I've tried to create a custom map for a mod the only thing that helped me was copying all INIs into YR folder. Yup. Try this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon