Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 pm
All times are UTC + 0
infantry list/order
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject:  infantry list/order Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

for GDI, in this case the list would be
1. Light infantry
2. Disk thrower
3. jjet
4. engineer
5. medic
--

for my humble mod, I wanted to return Bazooka like they had in C&C1
but so it comes after disk thrower and before jjet
but if i enforce it in rules like that i would screw things up for game wouldn't i ?
so how to do it then ?

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Screw up how??? The order is simply formed of price of unit/prerequisite/owner mostly but mainly the price thus why light infantry is before disk thrower and so on. Price within 200-600 range would have desired result IMO.

Edit: oh my bad I mistake it a bit since RA2 has separated lists and TS is all common list based.

Last edited by ApolloTD on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The order is based on the Lists only.
For BuildingTypes only, the order in the list is important, as these are referenced by their index in ai.ini, not their name.

For InfantryTypes, VehicleTypes and AircraftTypes the order doesn't matter.

Changes in the order can only occur, when certain prerequisites change the order at which the units/buildings become available. But if all prereqs are met and a first Factory/Barrack is build, then all units/buildings belonging to this Factory/Barrack appear in the order in which they stand in their respective List.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always make my order via TehLevel. Units which I want to show at top, I put in lower tech level, and units such heroes, spies and expensive ones I put in high tech level, so they go down in tab. Same goes for vehicle types, except aircraft, they always go down. And Navy.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks Smile

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

// let me bump this for 1 related question

if I insert cloned/custom unit (inf/vehicle) within Original ones
and not put them on the bottom

[Cyborg]
...his code

[My-Unit]
...code

[MUTANT]
his code

will I break some internal game.exe order (I know LKO was mentioning this before of some internal ini code that checks for lines)

same worths for adding on the list

or it doesn't matter ?
(I'm using UMP)

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why would you even do that in the first place? The unit probably wouldn't work since the codes are incomplete, ie not working as you wanted, doesn't appear on the sidebar, or even worse, crashes the game.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not talking about codes

but inserted places
is it a MUST for all new to be at the bottom ?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, I'm pretty sure that the order of the sections/units in the list doesn't matter.

The only thing related to the order which I know of is that the AI is coded to target specific buildings by the order in which they are in [BuildingTypes], so if you add your own buildings in between the TS ones there, you can screw up some AI scripts.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for info Smile

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

TommaHawk1111
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So if I made a side specific light infantry for nod and put him first or second in the lost it wouldn't cause the game to have an internal error?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

correct. it should work.
If you get an IE, it's a different issue.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

TommaHawk1111
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for clearing that up.

TommaHawk1111
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a helpful hint for anyone doing this that hasn't done it yet, infantry order in rules doesn't matter. Also change e1 used in crew or any thing shared to another unit. I added a fully remapable e1 clone and renamed it as p1. Also you must use a new cameo for both the new e1 and your new nod e1 which I named n1. If you don't use renamed separate cameos for the units than you will have an extra cameo in game. Also do this for the engineer since it too is a shared unit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon