Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm
All times are UTC + 0
World Domination - Feedback / Suggestions / Questions?
Moderators: Zero18
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject:  World Domination - Feedback / Suggestions / Questions? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

World Domination is a mod that uses RA2 Engine with ARES engine. The first closed beta release is expected to be release on Q4 (October - December). And the public release is yet to be announce. Currently there will be two sides with 16 playable countries to choose from. If you have feedback, ideas, suggestions on how to make this mod more fun and entertaining, I'm listening.  

Questions? I can answer your question to my knowledge and best as possible.

Last edited by Zero18 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:14 pm; edited 4 times in total

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will there be custom voicesets?

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Will there be custom voicesets?

Yes, I'm working on the voice sheet as well too. After it is ready, I will upload to here so that everyone can volunteer and try it out. I'm aiming to replace some of crappy RA2 unit voicesets into a better one.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I may do something about it.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Wolfsangel
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Questions : Will there be new missions ?

Suggestions : Country-specific upgrades can be

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wolfsangel wrote:
Questions : Will there be new missions ?

Yes, there will be single-player missions which takes the story on various regions. There will be part where story talk about war on Ukraine and the aftermath. Another will be talking about rise of Asia Might and other in Middle East where they are struggling with taking rid of ISIS. So basically it is all over the world.

Quote:

Suggestions : Country-specific upgrades can be

It is already implied onto some of country specific upgrades. For example if you decide to play Iraq, you will only see upgrades available to Iraqi units.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You mentioned in another post how you'll be doing voices Age of Empires Style. Where all units would be speaking in their dialect? How will you handle this with all the units such as the Shared ones. Will they also get Country Specific copies of the same units or would only the Country Specific Units be speaking in tongues?

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
You mentioned in another post how you'll be doing voices Age of Empires Style. Where all units would be speaking in their dialect? How will you handle this with all the units such as the Shared ones. Will they also get Country Specific copies of the same units or would only the Country Specific Units be speaking in tongues?

Country specific units will be speaking in their native language  Any units that you capture from your enemy such as opposing faction will be talking according to their language.

For shared ones where two or more countries have same units won't be the case. I have list of roster ready (which can change as it deem to fit), but my resource is limited as I am the only guy working on this mod. Each countries will have their own roster list. Suppose you play as England and you decide to capture America bases, you won't get their units. But if you capture Russia bases, you do get their units.

Which will require some thinking of course. How many players will go for Allied Conyard when they have one already? Any units that you acquired and is not country specific, there is no upgrade for them. If there are many players who want to acquire different country units by capturing their barracks or warfactory even Naval Yards, I will consider it...

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you pretty much have 12 Sides and not just 2?

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
So you pretty much have 12 Sides and not just 2?

16 sides, but there are still 2 factions. Soviet Union and Allied Nation.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By how you said your planning to implement unit audio your gonna have to make 16 Sides with multiple clones of the same unit just for the sake of audio though.

I still think your putting too much on your plate than you can or the engine can really handle.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
By how you said your planning to implement unit audio your gonna have to make 16 Sides with multiple clones of the same unit just for the sake of audio though.

No, what I meant was that the country which have units specifically only for them.

Example, Iraq units will be talking in Arabic language. You happen to acquire Germany units and it becomes available at your own disposal, these Germany units will be talking in German.

Though, it can still can be changed.

Quote:

I still think your putting too much on your plate than you can or the engine can really handle.

I do actually have a lot on my plate atm. I do not plan on completing all 16 sides and release it for public. It will take a while before I can complete it and call it a complete mod. Completing 8 sides at the least is the goal I should be going for, consider that soviet and allied will have same design, except with some adjustment for their flag color and graphics.  There are also some sides that I want to get rid of as they do not play any major roles in the World War 3 at all.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about Basic Shared Units or are you scrapping those to make unique engineer,attack dog,etc. units as well?

You said they'd all speak their own language and currently only way to do that is with cloning said units and having them their own dialogue.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
What about Basic Shared Units or are you scrapping those to make unique engineer,attack dog,etc. units as well?

Yes.

Fortunately enough for the dogs, all they can do is bark.

Quote:

You said they'd all speak their own language and currently only way to do that is with cloning said units and having them their own dialogue.

Yes.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO your just putting too MUCH work for very unnecessary details. So your going to end up with too many units clogging up the game all just for audio. IMO if your going to do this you might as well make EVERY side's units unique and ditch the Factions having 2 Aesthetics. If your going the extra mile might as well make it 1 million miles.

But meh... its your mod in the end, I find it highly unlikely though you'll be able to get all these assets all done and finished unless you contact them and offer payment. Such a monumental task just seems too much effort.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
IMO your just putting too MUCH work for very unnecessary details. So your going to end up with too many units clogging up the game all just for audio. IMO if your going to do this you might as well make EVERY side's units unique and ditch the Factions having 2 Aesthetics. If your going the extra mile might as well make it 1 million miles.

I don't think you get what I'm saying.

Each country will have their own units, of course. Each will have their own audio. I believed I said it before.

Zero18 wrote:
Example, Iraq units will be talking in Arabic language. You happen to acquire Germany units and it becomes available at your own disposal, these Germany units will be talking in German.

Zero18 wrote:
Country specific units will be speaking in their native language  Any units that you capture from your enemy such as opposing faction will be talking according to their language.

Zero18 wrote:
For shared ones where two or more countries have same units won't be the case.

The last quote, assuming that you are talking about two or more countries that have same starting unit. Which won't be the case later.

So, all units will have audio based on which country they belongs to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon