Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
How to set a trigger for civilian units attack player?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
utudh
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject:  How to set a trigger for civilian units attack player? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi team,

I believe there is many of experts in making trigger, would appreciate that you can assist my below query: I want

1. I want the airbase start to produce black eagle at the beginning
2. All black eagle attack random player
3. Barrack start to produce infantry (spy)
4. they send spy into player power plan
5. Factory start to produce tank (i.e: rhino tank) - 6 tanks
6. they send these tanks to attack player ore refinery

Hope you can share your scheme of work & experience with me.

Many thanks,
utudh

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is this singleplayer, or multiplayer?

If multiplayer, this is impossible. You cannot make Civilian physically produce units and infantry. You'd have to use teams that spawn in front of the factories using waypoints. This is regarding Barracks and Warfactory. As for the Black Eagles, you can IIRC spawn then and they'll automatically return to the airfield once they have attacked.

If  singleplayer, just make a new House which is Grey, like Civilian and make them attack. They could also produce units/structures as it is singleplayer.

Also, try to experience yourself next time, it's quite easy to do this kind of stuff. Read the description of the trigger action or event and you'll learn pretty quickly.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is it with all the people wanting the Civilians behave like a normal enemy these days? This is something like the 3rd or 4th request I have seen in the past couple of weeks.

utudh
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi RP,

It is for multi-player map. Could you show the details for making black eagle attack? I'm just new to FA2 and want to see some sample of work for further study.

To create a spawn team to attack, what event type i should choose and what action type i should choose? What is common errors that i should pay attention?

Many thanks,
utudh

utudh
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi team,

after a period of exploring the trigger things, i found there is 5 cmnd control the object's actions:

1. Trigger Editor
2. Tag editor
3. Scripts
4. Task forces
5. Teams

However, I don't understand the parameter of action in Scripts, Trigger editor, tag editor. How these relate to each other?

And does AI Triggers play any role in the object's actions?

Anyone please can explain and clarify these thing how they are work together?

Many thanks,
utudh

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
utudh
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Graion for the info. But i'm still not clear on this. Can someone provide a details about parameter in relationship with event and in scripts?

Here is what I did. I made a trigger "if player 1 entered radar, it was enable a disabled trigger". A disabled trigger is about "after 15 second (i gave 15 in parameter box), 2 black eagles is reinforced at waypoint and move to own building then wait full loaded and start to attack harvester and return to waypoint. I wrote the script, taskforce, teams for it.

However, nothing happened after I got engineer entered radar.

I'm also confusing when indicated the action of move to own building, I don't know what amount to give in the parameter box.

Hope someone can explain and guide me on this.

Many thanks,
utudh

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
Trigger's Actions work with Player @ X.
Trigger's Events and Owner don't work with Player @ X.
TeamTypes work with Player @ X.

/ppm/'s stupidity

utudh
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haizz.. sorry It is a big challenge for me as I'm a bit odd on these programming, what does 'X' mean?. Can show me a visual aids (picture/ video) on how play with these functions? It would be good for me to catch up the idea.

Many thanks,
utudh

P.S: I'm not good at programming skills and that's why I slowly learn. At the beginning please help me to understand it.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's so simple. Have you even looked at the map editor with regards to my latest reply?

Please do, then come back.
Besides, it's not programming at all. It's all been predefined for people like you to understand it.

/ppm/'s stupidity

utudh
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi RP,

Can please re-send again the map editor? The problem that I don't understand what value under parameter when select event/ action under trigger editor. How do we know the exact number will match with a specific event/ action?

Thanks,
utudh

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about now. Because of that, I am unable to help you.

/ppm/'s stupidity

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

utudh wrote:
Hi RP,

Can please re-send again the map editor? The problem that I don't understand what value under parameter when select event/ action under trigger editor. How do we know the exact number will match with a specific event/ action?

Thanks,
utudh

The best way for everyone like you to learn is to try by actually doing it instead of not doing it and ask what each single trigger means. If you still fail to understand or can't find out what is really wrong with it. Please feel free to ask.

And no attacking civilians in MP is not possible(excluding the online MP) but in SP yes.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exactly, and if you still don't know what is what, and what does what after people helped you.
It might be time to find a different hobby.

I became a Mapping God (huehuehue) because I did it all by myself. I started with pretty crappy missions, but they got better in time. I've had feedback from the members on PPM and sometimes answers to things that were very unclear to me.

Zero18 is also right, you cannot have a hostile Civilian in multiplayer nor skirmish.
If you are creating a singleplayer mission, it would be easier to simply add a new House that fulfills the roll of the "Civilian Enemy". Didn't you read MasterHoasis' topic?

/ppm/'s stupidity

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon