Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:22 am
All times are UTC + 0
Two Brummies One Thread.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 6 [292 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Keep working at this speed and you'll have more done regarding pre-release RA2 stuff than PreRA2 has done in it's whole existance Razz

Those look amazing.
Really like the Gas Station too, now you can place roads underneath it, good idea!

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm late with this reply but LKO, as far the inconsistent lighting with top of voxel vs sides goes, this is not fixable by VPL, the reason is that the actual normals data resides in game executable and those link up to the various sections of VPL to pick the color so there is no specific section in VPL itself to correct this as various sections of VPL are used by varying normals, not specific sections like one for top etc.

Unfortunately the correct top normals are intentionally made less reflective for some odd WW reason (top normals point to some earlier VPL indexes thus darker) and the normals lights favor the sides, this is also same problem in TS how sides show stronger color while not to extent of glowing given half of VPL used.

Best solution is manually paint the top of the hull with brighter shades and this evens it up/or past it while rest in darker shade by margin of 5 shades or so difference and VPL is merely here useful to correct incorrect color usage and tone down the glowing issue or remove glow entirely.

What Sane said is correct, there is little too many normals in RA2, this is really good for getting very precise shapes and achieve prettier visuals technically than the blocky TS BUT like Sane said, VPL limits the normals into 256 colors lighting and practically lesser as not all colors are relative to each other and can not be used for lighting changes and Westwood solution was use lots of pure white for glow when colors ran out... :/

Result is fake 3D at best when it coulda been much better.

Last edited by ApolloTD on Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh, you also made the door in that gas station part of the window.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
Best solution is manually paint the top of the hull with brighter shades

Or you can modify your voxel palete to have two equal gradients (say, two gdi golds.) And modify you VPL to one of them only shifts from bright to middle, and other set - from middle to dark. And then you will have to use first one for tops other to sides.
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/files/news02_212.png

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope Graion Dilach sees this. Always saying there is no fix and bitching around when i gave constructive criticism and suggested numerous times to edit voxels in just that way.
@GD: "You see, with a bit vpl and/or manual voxel shading to make the top brighter, it is possible to fix the crap RA2 lighting"
*insert big "told you so" emoticon here*

Great job Gangster.
The highlights at the edges where the top and side surfaces meet are damn awesome. Finally voxel have a metallic lighting/look.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
ApolloTD wrote:
Best solution is manually paint the top of the hull with brighter shades

Or you can modify your voxel palete to have two equal gradients (say, two gdi golds.) And modify you VPL to one of them only shifts from bright to middle, and other set - from middle to dark. And then you will have to use first one for tops other to sides.
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/files/news02_212.png

Yes, in perfect world that would be ideal but we do not have room in single 254 color palette to handle all color lines for voxel so smoothly as all of them would require similarly more shades and ideally all color lines be relevant to each other for maximum amount of smooth lighting changes.

Browns are best off given most of them but other color lines suffer a lot, the original framework is not ideal when you try support it, if you wanna do total custom job from start then yes could do far nicer voxels.

Gangster employs index repeats much so it smoothens and blurs in same time losing detail and voxel is lossy medium for detail anyhow.

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:

Aye still working on it, i placed windows across the whole section because i had plans on relocating the door to another part of the building.

Silly taco fumbling unicorns nocturnally launch basketballs, Hell March.

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love the Ideas... Gives other level of realism to the game! Keep going! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

warlock wrote:
I love the Ideas... Gives other level of realism to the game! Keep going! Very Happy

Cheers for the support! :3

!DarkRose wrote:
Crimsonum wrote:

Aye still working on it, i placed windows across the whole section because i had plans on relocating the door to another part of the building.

Now with added door. #Tongue

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice to see that someone cares about very little details to realism, like these doors or extended roof to fit roads.

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really support that idea... But just a question !DarkRose... You are creating a mod base or is actually a mod you are working on?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

warlock wrote:
I really support that idea... But just a question !DarkRose... You are creating a mod base or is actually a mod you are working on?

Yes these assets are from a mod I started last year while taking a break from my primary project Emerald Prophecy (!DarkRose’s roads are in fact revamps of his old EP work).

However, I shared an early version with him as a birthday gift, and for some reason he really took a liking to it and has been working with me on it ever since.

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

That looks bad. Honestly. That looks really bad.

Ah well. Nice stuff in this topic, esp the gas station revamp.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The barrels next to the petrol station need shadows.

drizzt_dourden
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Askhati wrote:
Strangely enough, that last screenshot - of the roads - gave me an eerie flashback to the old Syndicate: Plus game... Now that would be an interesting mod to see done.

How wide are these roads? They look way off. Sorry, page 3...the roads

And what the hell is a brummies????

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Two Brothers with their Tummies? They look way off probably to you since you might be used to the Perspective of vanilla...

drizzt_dourden
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, actually I am used to the new roads my uncle made. His are more to scale.....

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Brummie is the slang term for someone from the United Kingdom city of Birmingham.

The road sets come in several flavours, standard, large and "do it yourself" tile sets that allow for greater customisability.

Oh btw.

Commute & Car-pool will feature:
• Exciting missions like taking the kids to school/dentist (not your kids? who cares!)
• Congestion/Traffic jams
• Tailgaters
• Penalty points for those who don't car-pool
• Bonus's for safe drivers
• Speed Camera mini games
• And a secret campaign the Kerb Crawler Chronicles

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is making me laugh for more than it should.

Steam

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
The barrels next to the petrol station need shadows.

I have no idea where they've gone to . . . . XD
Shall be fixed!

drizzt_dourden wrote:
How wide are these roads? They look way off. Sorry, page 3...the roads.

Which image specifically on page 3 . . .
The 7 cell wide Highway roads.
http://ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35601&postorder=asc&start=136
Or the 3 cell wide street roads.
http://ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35601&postorder=asc&start=146

drizzt_dourden wrote:
no, actually I am used to the new roads my uncle made. His are more to scale.....

Pictures would be great . . . .

ErastusMercy wrote:

LOL, thats ztyping awesome, we gotta do this! xD

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So featured here are some extra road and sidewalk tiles for things such as lay-bys, bus stops and the like. And an alternate petrol station I’ve been playing with.

Thear
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That looks very nice! Keep up the good work. Love to see more.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thumbs up for the brummies !

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Needs more light posts. #Tongue

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ill cook up a screenshot with lightposts soon as im back from spain, get as many of them new ones you sent in once ive made the alphaimages for them. :3

Hecthor Doomhammer
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would so love to see this happen

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks coolio. Keep it up.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no updates again?

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't worry we're still working on stuff.

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i cant wait for those, especially gas station Very Happy

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Chaos/Kaos Drone:

Chaos comes for you!

Featuring Kaos mortar package:

Note: They may be rescaled slightly at some point.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think a tad too much details giving them a pixelated look. But otherwise nice.

Public SHPs

Tools

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well y'know... it is a voxel...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was referring to the texture mainly (the model is good). There are several 1 pixel big details with high contrast to neighbor pixels which turn out ingame not anymore as a visible detail but just as some scattered pixels. (e.g. the bright grey & dark grey lines on the axis behind the wheels or the yuri logo on top)

Public SHPs

Tools

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LKO is right IMO, voxels do not have to look as pixely as this by any means. I think the terrain also doesn't help as it is more detailed than the original and so the unit doesn't really pop at all.

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alrighty, so here I've removed the Yuri logo, simplified the inner axle hubs  tweaked the wheels and axle joints.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will it be released? I really like it...

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

much better.

Public SHPs

Tools

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bunkers!

Simple edit of the stock RA2 ones, made them awesome! . . also tents!
More to come soon.

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Picking up where this thread began... Bonkers for Bunkarz!

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's HAWT.

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

!DarkRose wrote:
Bunkers!

Simple edit of the stock RA2 ones, made them awesome! . . also tents!
More to come soon.

I really like them! O.O Will you release them for public usage?

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

less shadows, but I FVCKING LOVE THE BUNKER!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lovely work here, and I really dig the chaos drone. Its nice to see it get some "high def" loving.

Last edited by Ickus on Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks dude, I'm glad you like it.

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deathreaperz wrote:
less shadows

Whoops forgot shadow on the one facing, fixed #Tongue

warlock wrote:
I really like them! O.O Will you release them for public usage?

These ones wont be released as were keeping them back for something. Smile

Another shot with normal lighting so things can be seen better. Very Happy
Also trying out garrisoned bunkers without any remap on them.

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy shit. Goddamnit. Me so want. Great job, guys.

But use transparent shadows on RA2 inf plz. SHP Builder already has a script to replace black blob into transparency.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alrighty will do. Smile

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 6 [292 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon