Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:14 am
All times are UTC + 0
Humanoid or creature like Aliens?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 3 [137 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject:  Humanoid or creature like Aliens? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Creatures: Zero18, dodgevipergts, DaRkGlAcEoN

Combination: MasterHaosis,Graion Dilach, Nikademis Von Hisson, Atomic_Noodles, Ickus, deathreaperz

Humanoids: Exley, DarkVen9109, Astral

Guys, I need your opinion about this since I am adding Aliens as fourth side.
So I want to hear your opinions regarding this.

Do you prefer more humanoid or creature like Aliens?

Scrin for example. Do you like more those?

or do you prefer more like in Original CNC3?

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Last edited by MasterHaosis on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:18 am; edited 3 times in total

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO mix 'em. Let some be this, let some be others.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion DIlach thanks for posting, I appreciate this.
And please believe me, but this is what I am actually doing, I started few days ago just to use mix of those.
For example, I am using humanoid, that alien infantry at YRARG as main foot soldier, visceroid as dog opisite, (I will use some humanoid too as engineer oposite), then Tiberium Fiend to throw explosive crystals at enemies, I am curently using Ravanger (that Zerg type which GameMaster converted) to shoot electric bolts. So I am using mixture indeed, with explanation that Aliens are not humanoid creatures, but they created humanoid ones, in cases on Earth because whole structures and infrastructure on planet is made for humans (which has two legs, two arms), not for bug like/zerg like/visceroid/tiberium fiend like creatures. So its difficult for them when they need to espeionage or to enter our buildings (garrison or falling trop paratroop), fighting on streets and such. So, humanoid ones are designed for that purpose.
Same for tanks, aliens are not using tanks, but they made few types of futuristic ones for urban combat to match other factions. So, adoped their machinery to our conditions.

Graion Dilach, tell me ,what do you think about buildings. Should they be alive kinda like Zerg like, something like Scrin like, or just some futuristic looking? I will recolor them to black anyway.

And they should use weaker ground units overall but superior airforce.
After finish with them, I will create crazy cyborg faction.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, why not......have both......humanoids for light infantry and aliens for heavy infantry or vice versa

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nikademis, thank you for opinion.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to me C&C 3 aliens were total flop, except tripod maybe
humanoid ones are better

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exley, thanks for opinion. I consider this too. Personally I dislike them too.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tbh, i like scrin better. They fit the feel of alien side better.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

which one, insects?

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think anything but humanoid would be best, because it would make them different from the other sides, and less like watching crap doctor who, where every monster or alien is just a human with a different head

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always wanted the Scrin to be more of a mix of both humanoid & insectoid. Like their vehicles would be the walkers and bug-like ones. And some of their infantry would be humanoid with extra alien appendages like tentacles.

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I preffer creature not humanoid. Like the Zerg from StarCraft.

4StarGeneral wrote:
I CAN USE CAPS TOO, HOW DOES IT FEEL?

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey it's a lookalike of the Core Defender LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :PPPPPPP HAHA Humanoids are still better in my opinion. From what game was that anyway predator or something Haosis?

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DarkVen9109, Very Happy
haha I did not mistaken for calling you here! I must call OrangeNero and deathreaperz too see their opinions too.

DarkVen9109 wrote:
Hey it's a lookalike of the Core Defender LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :PPPPPPP HAHA

haha! But true indeed, that first one looks similar to it, but it is not from pure metal. Metalhead Very Happy
I think defender is bigger than those, but still we have no real comparison with anz other object, tank from game. I suppose those are big ones.

DarkVen9109 wrote:
Humanoids are still better in my opinion.

Ok, thanks.

DarkVen9109 wrote:
From what game was that anyway predator or something Haosis?

You mean that second image?
All of images are Scrin units.
First ones in images should appear on Tiberium Aliances, second one I think it is from Scrin concept, and is much better in mz opinion that insectoids.

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The first one anyway lol #Tongue but now I know.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I do not know much about it, but there is supposed to be some first shooting Tiberium wars or something which has been canceled for some time.
And that image was official from EA showing Scrin there.
And that Scrin is not insectioid. it has their skin and elements, but is humanoid to some point which is weird. And I like it.
Hey I may show Alien shps which I plan to use in mod.

Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... Maybe Protoss? I like them a lot.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah protoss. So you are for humanoids.

Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Protoss are much like humans, you know it.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, and see this!
This is another Scrin which should appear in EAćs first shooting game, he looks good.

Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agreed. Wink

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

weren't the scrin vehicles a lifeform too?

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

will you be making new infantry graphics or extracting them from TW and KW?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
weren't the scrin vehicles a lifeform too?

OrangeNero, well they are combination of lifeform and mechanic.

But which one do you prefer more, creature like or humanoid like?

ImP_RuLz wrote:
will you be making new infantry graphics or extracting them from TW and KW?

Well, there are not much Alien units because they are rare and difficult to make.
I do not know how to extract them from CnC3.
Well, I am using variety of recolored creatures and whatever I could scavenge though entire shp universe in past Very Happy

I will show you here which ones I am using. I am just finishing one.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahh. squishies.

A mix of both is good, you can have a faction that tries to emulate humans. using more biomechanical technology like these guys below...playing off human fears, they don, skeletal armor,  like cyborg reapers and emulate or re-verse engineer human technology for their purposes, etc. while still using the critter image as a bulk of their look and feel..

glubglub

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ickus, man, that is one ztyping brilliant idea!
I had similiar, but your is much better!
And whose are those Aliens?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Surely the topic is moot if these design decisions aren't going to be put to use at all?

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry Orac, can you explain me what did you mean? I did not understood you well.

Which design did you mean? Those which I showed in pictures?
Well, of course that I cannot make such SHPs, those units are so much complex for me, and for almost everyone I assume (especially since those humanoid Scrins do not exists, so you must draw them from hand or make in some 3D program and animate and convert into SHP), but I did not open thread just for fun, I indeed listen people's opinion, therefore I would use whatever people decide. if huge majority said that they would like creatures, then I would have to convert some bugs and spiders from Civ3, if huge majority said that they would like humanoids, then I would have to find some human like creatures and remove any animal like. I will actually edit first post and list people whoever said which opinion, so I could keep order as this topic is getting huge.
I think that I will today display infantry which I have chosen, although I need to warn you that there are rarely any of alien SHP.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I plan to use counterparts for following infantry:
-Basic Soldier
-Engineer
-Attack Dog
- Anti-tank/Shock Trooper (since in my mod Aliens are using ION bolts)
- Heavy Trooper (Tiberium Fiend)
- Artillery Unit
- Espionage Unit
- Hero Unit
8 at total.
And here is what am I currently using. As I told already, I will show it now:

That is recolored Garg which may be used either for Hero or artillery trooper.Left is just black and right is version with remap. It is adopet to Alligator sequence as original Garg has about 1000 frames Very Happy
I got permission from Apollo, although he said that it is public resource.

So, here are units which I currently (plan to) use.

1. Ravager - It is ,,Fix and Rip" or more stylized to say ,,fix'd & rip'd" shp. I borrowed this unit from GameMaster0000 whose released mod outside of PPM (due to issue with lot of Starcraft stuff).
I actually fixed pink dots, since shp is designed for TS mod, and it had no shadows, I added them in shadow frames.
Anyway, unit is used in same way as Tesla Trooper (Soviets no more uses electric weaponry, it is replace with lasers)

2. Tiberium Fiend - it is strong unit which throws explosive tiberium shards at enemies, which is strong at anything in ground

3. Not named yet - it is recolored Garg, and due to its size, I may use it as hero unit. I need to finish recolor in all frames though.

4. Blade Alien - I may rename him further. He is used as main starting soldier. Garrisons structures, falls from plane via parachute.... Fires repulse gun

5. Assimilator - He can be used for Engineer/Spy. Currently used as Engineer

6. No named yet. This is black recolored tekka warrior (I have this for years, it is originally white). Oriignally planed to be Shock Trooper if I have to remove ravager. Now may use him as one of rest stuf (artillery infantry or espionage)

7. Visceroid - Opposite to Attack Dog

OPTIONAL:
8. Reaper - This is cyborg Reaper in infantry frames. I planned to use it for Aliens, but since he is legendary and well known as Cyborg Reaper, I may use him for Cyborg Faction.
Should I use him for cyborgs?

9. Not named yet - it is black recolored Pilot from Yarg. if I do not find suitable units, I may use him as spy.

So guys, I need one or two units only. Do you have any ideas which shps might be used? if someone knows some of assets, give me links. its hard to find soldiers for Aliens these days.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One thing I really ask from you... unite the shadows. Either all inf shall use RA2 black either TS transparency. I don't mind which, but mixing them looks really ugly.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach, yes, I think of that too. Thanks.
But one problem is that TS-Styled shadows are bigger, they are not blobs beneath units. If I convert shadows from TS to black RA2 ones, they will be big non transparent and may cause problems in mass of units, eg. group of reapers, fiends etc....
I may to it without any problems to that Ravager, as i made shadows right behind him.
So, thanks on advice.
Do you know if there is any other asset which resembles for Alien and can be used?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[OffTopic]
Can anybody tell me what does ztyping mean?????? O_O

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's some nice shps for aliens. But how is Cyborg Reaper a part of alien? Since it is combination of machinery and humanoid in some way.

Edit: nevermind, thought you were talking about alien faction, but it appeared you are also talking about making cyborg faction as well too. #Tongue

This alien looks good, it is combination of humanoid / alien.

There is aliens like this where they can stick out their tongue which has teeth also and kill people. Maybe great idea for basic infantry.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

combination !

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deathreaperz, thanks man! I counted your vote too.

Graion Dilach, yes, I saw that, but still I cannot find suitable infantry for Aliens. Either others are much childish, or simply do not stand with those. Some look to much as cyborgs.

DarkVen9109 wrote:
[OffTopic]
Can anybody tell me what does ztyping mean?????? O_O

DarkVen, what about you mean? That link Graion Dilach has posted? If you meant on that, he gave me link from CIV3 units which could be converted into RA2 format.

Zero18 wrote:
Edit: nevermind, thought you were talking about alien faction, but it appeared you are also talking about making cyborg faction as well too. #Tongue

Yes, if I would not make cyborgs, then I will use him for ALiens becuase he is black colored too and look more alienish than cyborg, because crawls with multiple legs.
However, I will find more suitable unit for Aliens. He will simply go for cyborgs as supposed to be.

Zero18 wrote:
This alien looks good, it is combination of humanoid / alien.

Yes, but he is not so humanoid. There are humanoid aliens like predator, whose are aliens but uses weapons, have masks/helmets, wears suits etc.. And there are less humanoid aliens, like this one you posted, which do not use any masks, do not wear suits or use weapons.Some have built in weapon. And there are complete creatures.

Zero18 wrote:
There is aliens like this where they can stick out their tongue which has teeth also and kill people. Maybe great idea for basic infantry.

Yes I like that idea, but I try to skip it as I can, because Brute/Mummy proved to be useless because all of them need to get close to target to attack it. And of course in group vs. group assaults it would be difficult for them to attack target. So I stick for ranged units.
Dogs are different things are they turn themselves into projectiles from some range.

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think DarkVen9109 wants to know what "ztyping" means. Laughing

4StarGeneral wrote:

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh that.
DarkVen9109, Very Happy
ztyping means f.u.c.k ,or something like that which is scrambled, so whenever you wrote it you end up with ztype Very Happy
We are nice community, we never speak bad, thats why we always end with scrambled words Very Happy

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's what I thought it meant.

4StarGeneral wrote:

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And.You.Dark.Graceon.
When you are here already..... How do you like those shps which I posted and discussed with people?
Do you have anything to add aside from ztype? Very Happy

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not Sure if I have anything to add... But I like them, I'd prefer to see 'em in game. Very Happy

4StarGeneral wrote:

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRkGlAcEoN.... ah you ..... Very Happy
Inagme eh? Well, I finished that building which pd created long time ago, and he said me that I can upload that to public.

This is only ingame screenshot which I currently have. This is proof that actually I am working on 4th side and listen your suggestions.
You will see more ingame stuff.

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I think its good.

4StarGeneral wrote:

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. About that building, I made buildup, and active anim (that blue ball is getting from light to dark blue).
So I may upload it for public usage, but you will need to credit pd too.

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont think I will have a use for it Laughing. The mod I might make is where Yuri took over the soviet union, leaving only 2 factions. (I dont have plans for a third)

4StarGeneral wrote:

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, you did not tell me that you are working on mod too. So, since Yuri took over Soviets, do you moved his units to Soviet, and which style do you use? Soviet or Yuri buildings and schemes?

Also, by ,,but you will need to credit pd too" I did not mean just on you, but plural, everyone of you.

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mostly Yuri buildings and all units are in Yuri's scheme, but you'll see some soviet units(Desolator, Apocalypse, Tesla Trooper). And I see Laughing. The Allies will get a large overhaul of units and such.

4StarGeneral wrote:

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, you can use that building there only in some maps for ,,eye candy" effect, like neutral building with no purpose. Just to make sure that ,,their" presence is seen Very Happy haha

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or maybe as a tech building. To allow the use of rare powerful units.

4StarGeneral wrote:

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah! Cool idea man! Smile
I just finished Pyramid for Aliens, that should be like Battle Lab for other sides

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon