Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:55 am
All times are UTC + 0
Reichstag (wip)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 4 [166 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

prob for the damage frames, but also for portfolio....

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do not ask why, but why not!

Yes modeling the interior will make the damage/rubble a lot more interesting. It also gives you something to look at through all the glass the building uses.

The interior I have made is very basic tho, the rooms are just empty boxes. The real thing was quite extravagant with large arch ways, pillars, statues, etc, etc. If I was mad enough I could spend the next year just modeling the interior.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what ever the case......amazing

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig's Next Project: To-Scale 3D Printing.

Looks exceptional, its too bad you're going to have the annoying time of dividing it into sections for RA2. Either way, its very well done, both model and texture. Smile

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares provides custom foundations. So there's no need to section the buildings like Westwood did.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had no idea custom foundations could be so enormous, tbh.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When it was implemented, there indeed was a limit of 32 cells as max foundation, but that was lifted around the time I started Ares testing.

That happened a while ago, so to speak. #Tongue

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

having it broken into sections is realistic. You can still occupy the building with parts missing

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Mig Eater
Not sure if you're still working on this, but i've just got a poster with some images that might be useful for you.
I've scanned the most useful areas.
here the images
http://lko.ppmsite.com/Public/Stuff/ReichstagA.pdf
http://lko.ppmsite.com/Public/Stuff/ReichstagAB.pdf
http://lko.ppmsite.com/Public/Stuff/ReichstagB.pdf
http://lko.ppmsite.com/Public/Stuff/ReichstagC.pdf

ReichstagA and ReichstagAB: showing in the bottom left how the blueprint has changed over time
ReichstagA B and C: showing a big colored image of the building
ReichstagC: showing the layout of the different floors.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks that's great Smile

I actually redid parts of D-day's Berlin map just yesterday & was thinking that I should really finish the Reichstag model #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This should have took over 1 on 2 & a month to model.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:

Is he obliged? No.

Also, unnecessary bump.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I spent 4 months working on this model (& little else). It was my first major 3D modelling project, I've learnt a lot since then & can work a lot faster now tho.

I plan to continue working on this model in the coming months, so it can be included to the next release of D-day.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:

Then you model it in that time, I'd LOVE to see it. Scratch that, I'd hate to see what kind of abomination it'd be.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A coworker just brought me 2 papers about the Reichstag.
Maybe they help you a bit.
The visible number of bricks might be useful for more accurate Texturing.

Let me know if you need help with the translation.

Download link of the TIF, since it not always shown in a browser.

Reichstag_scan.tif
 Description:
the more important scan in higher res
 Filesize:  3.69 MB
 Viewed:  2478 Time(s)

Reichstag_scan.tif

Reichstag_scan.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Reichstag_scan.pdf
 Filesize:  936.61 KB
 Downloaded:  33 Time(s)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, yes that will help with texturing Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 4 [166 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon