Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:32 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Event "found Beag when capture building"
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
utudh
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject:  Event "found Beag when capture building" Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi team,

Here is another problem when i played with trigger, related to Beag.

I setup a trigger that if engineer capture airbase, beag will change from civil to player.
Here is my work:

trigger attached to airbase
event - I chose when enter by (1)
action - I chose enable trigger (53)

"enable trigger" - I disable it and attached to Beag
event - I chose elapsed time (13)
action - I chose change house (14) - player

However, in game when engineer capture airbase but beag did not change to my side.

Could someone advise the mistake, please.

Thanks,
utudh

WoRmINaToR
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From the information provided, the only thing I can say is make sure that, if this is a singleplayer map, action 14 is mapped to the actual country that the player controls. If it's a multiplayer map, make sure it is linked to the appropriate Player @ X value.

Also, when you cause the trigger to fire, do the black eagles do anything at all? As in, do they perhaps change to another house, other than the player's?

Best thing to do here would be to post your map in a zip file and let me take a peek.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you provide the map?
I'll take a look and tell you what's wrong

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

WoRmINaToR
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are my posts being blocked or hidden or something? It seems like every time I respond to a support topic, someone eventually responds saying exactly the same thing I did as if I hadn't replied at all in the first place.

Last edited by WoRmINaToR on Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What, hidden posts? No, i don't see any post here. In fact, i don't even know why am i replying. There's nothing here.
If it makes you feel better, i didn't reply (until now) because you already wrote what i would. #Tongue

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

utudh, yes, RP is right. Provide map so people can take a deeper look into it.

mevitar, you did not reply because RP wrote what you would?
Since here are only two replies, yours and his, I assume that you are replying to him.

(WoRmINaToR, Very Happy)

PPM Halloween Season 2021

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What the hell is a "Beag"?

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCHyper wrote:
What the hell is a "Beag"?

Black Eagle, the South Korean specialty fighter jet in Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
utudh
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi team,

Here is the attached map for you guy to check. Would be better ideal if you can capture the mistake in the jpeg and attach with your reply with highlighted color for those mistakes.

Very much appreciate for that.

Thanks,
utudh

advanced tactics.yrm
 Description:
This map is reviewed & changed base on the original map's owner. With some logistic changed & add-in triggers

Download
 Filename:  advanced tactics.yrm
 Filesize:  480.5 KB
 Downloaded:  53 Time(s)

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This:

Events do not work with Player @ X logic.

TeamTypes work with Player @ X
Trigger Actions work with Player @ X
Trigger Events don't work with Player @ X
Trigger House doesn't work with Player @ X

/ppm/'s stupidity

utudh
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi RP,

Regarding to the highlighted red. I have to change to 'who?'

Thanks,
utudh

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can't. If this is your general MP map, I really advice you not to use Events that require a House input, or require the Trigger's House.

/ppm/'s stupidity

utudh
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi RP,

then I have no choice on this. So what alternative will you suggest in order to make the trigger work?

Thanks,

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't make this a MP map, people don't like MP maps with neutral Soviet/Allied stuff on them, besides that it looks like you're creating some sort of Singleplayer mission.
Drop the idea and make it a SP map.

/ppm/'s stupidity

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay I looked at this map, and well, your whole setup seems pointless around this Trigger.

First off, why bother having a trigger which says, "If engineer owned by Player 1 captures a GAAIRC, Change the owners house of GAAIRC to player 1...." Okay engineer, apparently you're needed to double capture it?

Okay then your Other Trigger BEAG  ACT states:
If Player A Captures this BEAG with an engineer, give the BEAG to Player A!

"I'm an Engineer not a vehicle thief!"

Also this is what the triggers currently read out as. But as stated before; Enteredby cannot use player X Logic, or any event, so the triggers only work with houses which cannot be used on mp map. Unless your force all your friends to play as specific sides... Or make your own mod and modify the co op campaign.

In the end your triggers are redundant, and of course the beags aren't changing house because they're not being Entered so their attached trigger isn't doing anything.

Honestly there is a way to make this possible.
But it will make it so when its captured by anyone it will only ever give it to player A. Basically you use:

57 Building does not exist Event,
and set the triggers owning house to civilian. Then when someone none civilian capture it it's action will enable a disabled trigger that has an event which fires right away which changes house to player A for every building it's attached too.

I'm not 100% sure what your trying to achieve and I did not go through all the triggers of the map, only those you asked for help on. Anyways I might have been a little harsh, but I'm sorry and please keep trying to become a good map maker as they seem to be dwindling these days or moving on to their own projects and mods.

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

utudh
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Eric,

Finally, it works! Thanks for advice. As i saw in mission/ campaign mode when engineer enter airbase then all aircraft switch to player side. I just want to see how does it work with trigger event/ action.

Now I understand the process. Thanks again!

utudh

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your welcome, if you need help with triggers again, just let me know. You can even skype me for mostly instant responses.

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

utudh
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

btw I want to ask how I can assign computer repair for building?

Thanks,

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Set AI Repairs on the structure to 1, if this is MP, AI will automatically repair any pre-placed structure that changed ownership to it.

/ppm/'s stupidity

utudh
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks RP,

Is it possible to make a paradrop in MP map? If yes, what I need to prepare for trigger/ scripts/ taskforces/ team.

WoRmINaToR
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the TeamType's definition, at the bottom where all the checkboxes are, there is a box for "Cargo Plane." Tick that box and use a regular trigger with action 7 (Reinforcement team). A plane will spawn off-map and your team will parachute to the waypoint specified in the TeamType.

Last edited by WoRmINaToR on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use action 80, because WoRmINaToR didn't tell you about the waypoint needed to be set in the TeamType.
It is default to 0, so every time it would be dropped on WP0.

By using action 80 you can select where the teamtype should arrive.

/ppm/'s stupidity

utudh
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi RP,

Got it. thanks for your advice. I made a parachute of 6 infantries and assign them to attack (0-no specific).
Is it possible to assign parachute team on different task? or we have to made another parachute?

Thanks,
utudh

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not sure what you mean, if you want them to attack something after the 'attack (0-no specific)' it will be hard, because the team will keep attacking something until everything is gone IIRC.
You'd better specify what exactly they should start attacking, like buildings, harvesters etc. Then it will be easier to give them another task afterwards.

If you want them to keep attacking anything you could also use:
Do this... 15 - Hunt
That keeps 'em going for quite some time.

/ppm/'s stupidity

utudh
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi RP,

I did use 'Do this... 15-hunt' and they were attacking randomly. in stead of that, I would like they split and attack different subjects.
example: there is 6 of them, after parachute: 2 attack harvesters, 2 attack ore refinery, 2 attack power plant.

Is it possible to make that or we have to create 3 different parachute team?

Thanks,
utudh

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can, but it would require a bit more work. IMO you're better of just creating 2 more of those teams.

/ppm/'s stupidity

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon