Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Gamescom 2013: The next Command & Conquer game
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 4 [180 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought they would go back to the original C&C idea, instead of trying to smuggle some features from C&C4 into this.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As I can't seem to edit my previous post, double post time:
@Banshee: I can only hope so, or else this game will be good for 1 thing as C&C 4 was: ripping sounds from.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haven't you heard the gameplay videos?! Voiceover quality is totally shitty.

SFX is clean, but voices, ohgod.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's in alpha stages, Graion. They are still working on music and voices.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still, even with a $2-worthy old mic of mine I can do better.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It sounds like they're using placeholder VAs!  Oh the humanity!

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
a leveling and "earning generals" system alone will ztype the competitiveness of the game.

Its all about balancing - LoL has similar system and its not game breaking because the end game is only for end game and heroes aka generals are constantly rebalanced and updated.

For a F2P to truly go global - the content is driven around the user - riot games focus is on the player base.

Thats main issue why EA backed F2P games will fail - they lack that corporate goal or ethics.

As for premium membership - time delay is  pointless ... why not base it upon per match you participate in instead?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
DeathlyRose
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lets be realistic this is EA were talking about. They will somehow like always botch this up. Under the great name of protecting people from "piracy" or something similar like usual.This is what happens when people refuse too see the truth, even though it's right in front of them.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DeathlyRose wrote:
Lets be realistic this is EA were talking about. They will somehow like always botch this up. Under the great name of protecting people from "piracy" or something similar like usual.This is what happens when people refuse too see the truth, even though it's right in front of them.

Generals and C&C3 where also from EA, and they where pretty good. Although, those where released years ago...

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i thought Generals was ok too, and i C&C3 was very good. but RA3 and C&C4 were crap IMO

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RA3 was overbalanced imho and C&C4 was just C&C4.

DeathlyRose
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
DeathlyRose wrote:

Generals and C&C3 where also from EA, and they where pretty good. Although, those where released years ago...

Yes but in the end they were subpar from what i can see. It truly had the potential too be the successor too tiberian sun. Too bad EA couldn't put there own massive ego for greed aside.
C&C4 wasn't even playable i remember playing for a good bit then an error happened and reseted my entire progress. So in some way they always botch it up like i said.

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
DeathlyRose wrote:

Generals may have been a passable RTS, but did it deserve to be called a Command & Conquer?
The story didn't relate, the interface didn't relate, the controls didn't relate, the game mechanics didn't relate...frankly, it had more in common with Ages of Empires than with C&C.

Hell, even the "C&C" branding didn't properly line up with the series, 'cause they went with the hip and cool "CommandplusConquer" branding, instead of the traditional ampersand.

Really, the only things Generals had in common with the C&C franchise up to that point were:

• It was an RTS
  • The word "Command"
  • The word "Conquer"

As much as it may have been a nice game, it did not belong into the franchise, and it did not deserve the branding.

As such, selling it as a C&C game was a fuckup on EA's part in and on itself.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
RA3 was overbalanced imho

overbalanced?

lol Renegade you're one of those butthurt fans who are stuck in the 90's. Whats next because it didn't had sidebar its not C&C? Stop seeing dos limitations as definitions of C&C.

Generals was by far the best C&C as it finally teared apart that tank dominance and the singleplayer is one of its kind. It brought innovations and a step forward both in gameplay and graphics being 3D. While doing that it still stayed true to the old formula and is a true RTS, you guys argue over such little details as dozers vs conyard omg really?

The real question is if Tiberium Wars is a real C&C as its some mix up between tiberian dawn and tiberian sun. A capitulation from the devs towards the nostalgy of the oldtimers.

Seeing what a crappy job WW has done within C&C games the question might as well be if Generals isn't too good to be still considered C&C.

Sorry but as much as EA deserves part of the cake of messing up C&C so does WW and the butthurt fans that want to play a dos game today.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Butthurt? Do you really need to use this kind of term to express your ideas in a respectful way?

Anyway, nobody is questioning if Generals is a good RTS or not. I honestly think it is a great RTS game and it is fun. But it has just received the term 'Command+Conquer' in its title to increase its sales, because it has no influence of the other Command & Conquer games in its story, interface, gameplay mechanics, factions and units. It just seems to be as much Command & Conquer as Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 1 and 2 (which also used the same SAGE engine).

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
Dutchygamer wrote:
RA3 was overbalanced imho

overbalanced?

Yeah, everything is a super-hard counter for a very specific other unit type.
It's fine to encourage people to construct their armies with a mixture of units, but I found it annoying to be so heavily penalised for missing one unit-type.
And buildings being made of paper irked me too.  But eh.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do I really have to once again pull out the interview where the original creator of C&C explains why Renegade is a true C&C?
That WW did a MOBA C&C doesn't matter either I guess?

C&C is and always has been an action game franchise. Shooters, RTS, MOBA, you name it if it got action it would be something they'd do.

LOL renegade the story doesn't relate? WTF? There is no story within C&C. There used to be one until they split up the universes. If your going story wise Tuberian Sun is the last "true" C&C.

"As much as it may have been a nice game, it did not belong into the franchise, and it did not deserve the branding.*

If anything at all doesn't deserve a branding then its you being Mr. Perfect. That whole sentence is flat out wrong from both WW and EA's view. Its probably your dreamworld though.

@Banshee ya sorry at some point people gotta realize that widescreen monitors happened and therefore bottom bar happened.

@Orac thx for the info.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&C is three franchises:
1. TD, Renegade, TS, TW, TT
2. RA, RA2, RA3
3. Generals

Each of these has it's own set of stories, and in general (in general, so lets avoid the arguments about tonal dissonance between RA and RA2) each of the three has its own visual style and storytelling sensibilities.

Generals shares more in common with outside RTS games than it does with prior C&C games.  Even Renegade, which isn't even an RTS.

Generals is so gratingly different from the accepted norm (not a bad thing, per se) that I would agree that it doesn't really count as C&C.  I still enjoy the game, but I found it a lot more enjoyable once I saw it as a separate game which was brought under the C&C umbrella rather than the successor to YR which it chronologically is.

C&C4 had similar issues, although the shoddy implementation of its mechanics meant that I had plenty of other reasons to dislike it beyond it deviating from my expectations by way of style.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're missing one small detail. C&C is "now" 3 franchises. Generals fits quite well into westwoods old design. They were adventurous and innovative. Question is if the old design behind the C&C franchise was only what we now know as the tiberium universe, ya know kane and gdi and nod.

EA is pretty much in a misery. They know WW wanted to go forward, and they know the fans think Tiberian Dawn defines what C&C is. Same shit can we see now with Generals 2. Deleting Starcraft similarities is the most stupid thing I heard in a while. As if 2 resources would be betrayal to C&C. Adding new features always was one main aim of C&C. As such Renegade letting you explore Tiberian Dawn from the Commando.

In any case "going back to the roots" and "staying true to Tiberian Dawn" doesn't sound like westwood at all. That EA had to interpret that with "sell C&C with half nude women or F2P or some shitty asian MOBA C&C4 is another thing.

On another note, Kane's Wrath felt pretty much like Fan service. Titans Wolverines and that concept tank being the MARV. Then the cyborgs and cabal coming back.

At this point C&C is so messed up they better stop taking it seriously, like how Joe Kucan handles it with quotes such as Kane being a woman. Or just bury the series and bring out a new one but they can't do that because names sell.

Finally Generals and its expansion felt more true to the old and new C&C than anything that came afterwards.

Generals 2 however is a betrayal to Generals. It completely brakes with the art style and the real life inspired singleplayer. While Generals brought innovation to the series G2 goes 3 steps back. The singleplayer was fantastic and I bet we will never ever see something like this again. having a serious tone while at the same time being such a hilariously good parody of the real life factions it mirrors.

In short if you command & conquer its a C&C.

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My word, you're feeling quite inferior with your ex post C+C, don't you? o_O

Though, don't let that stop you. Do elaborate how that wannabe Age of Empires 3D was "by far the best C&C".

I would appreciate it if you could lay particular focus on drawing parallels between Generals's gameplay and that of Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert, so I can be enlightened how the mere fact that it's a generic RTS makes it a true C&C.

btw: I have commanded & conquered in games like Z, Battle Isle, Star Trek Armada Homeworld, Dark Reign, Dawn of War, Age of Empires, Rise of Nations, Empire Earth and many others.
No, they're not C&Cs.
The fact that something is an RTS does not make it a Command & Conquer.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The fact that you still haven't revealed what defines a C&C for you also tells a lot. Let me guess it isn't because inside your tummy it doesn't feel right, right? Should feel more like, Tierian Dawn, right?

Dude I feel by far superior to you. You can not argue with me, I got the developers interview on my side, what have you got? Your tummy feeling?

Typical butthurt C&C fan the moment you got to play something that doesn't feel exactly like tiberian dawn it makes your head explode cause you can't handle the awesomeness.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

something really stupid i've been reading on the command & conquer boards was "we need a change of the camera angle, as it is now it's to steep", so....you want to camera angle back that is the least bit reminiscent of a stategy game how it looked like, because starcraft 2 has the isometric-perspective clone and generals 2 is currently mimicing it. it looks far better in that angle, you look finally "down" on your strategic field, and not in a stupid, nonsensical "cinema mode camera" angle.

i pray to god that they let the camera angle as it is, cause it's the better choice. plus,m they can't have both, because one have an advantage over the other angle. so.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
The fact that you still haven't revealed what defines a C&C for you also tells a lot. Let me guess it isn't because inside your tummy it doesn't feel right, right? Should feel more like, Tierian Dawn, right?

Dude I feel by far superior to you. You can not argue with me, I got the developers interview on my side, what have you got? Your tummy feeling?

Typical butthurt C&C fan the moment you got to play something that doesn't feel exactly like tiberian dawn it makes your head explode cause you can't handle the awesomeness.

STOP
ztyping
OFFENDING
ANYONE
WHO
DOESN'T
AGREE
WITH
YOU

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:

STOP
ztyping
OFFENDING
ANYONE
WHO
DOESN'T
AGREE
WITH
YOU

TAKE
IT
EASY
BUDDY
Wink

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No game post TD really had a TD feel so I don't know what that means. Victory Games just need to do something original and ignore fans.

Fans always kill off the rockstar, if you've ever listened to Ziggy Stardust you know that.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fans just always want the same thing they had before, just better, without realizing that you can't stay the same forever, everything evolves and comes with new standarts.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
fans just always want the same thing they had before, just better, without realizing that you can't stay the same forever, everything evolves and comes with new standarts.

Says the one who loves StarCraft 2 which is almost an HD version of StarCraft.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which is really the genius of it. Unlike Westwood/EA they didn't release a game every few years, meaning the demand for another was huge. Stacraft 2 also kept the precision of 2D RTS which most 3D ones lose and thus keeping it's huge e-sports relevance. They kept it close enough to the original in terms of faction design to keep the core fans happy while adding enough great quality new content to refresh it. And not only that they provided modding support built in.

If they released a SC game every few years it simply wouldn't work, especially for the e-sports scene. The rules of tennis don't get entirely altered every year or two like games do. They almost did by splitting SC2 into 3 parts but since each campaign is pretty big it seems legit enough at this stage.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
blubb wrote:

Says the one who loves StarCraft 2 which is almost an HD version of StarCraft.

yeah, but the point there is, they gampled on a formula that worked 100 times better than c&c, and they've improved on a lot of angles.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*and as omega bolt stated, the only thing blizzard does is observing balance issues on online statistics, working, and improving the game, you'll notice if you know how wings of liberty worked in the beginning, and how it plays now, including add on units which keep the game fresh and have a huuuuge impact and change up strategies. same thing with the coming add on "legacy of the void" which will, again, revitalize the game and keep it fresh.

starcraft 2 is big now for....more than 4 years despite being not as good as broodwar, with a big crowd, and it's infact growing, not declining, look at  mlg, or dreamhack, or IEM especially.
Also that scene has people the scene trusts and suck in more and more people, people like husky, day 9, apollo ( who was 2008?/09? world champion in tib wars, leaving it, coming to starcraft, and classing TW a noobie game, same thing will happen with Gen2 if it gets downgraded. well, yeah thats just 1 person stating it, but it's stating the obvious if you change from tib wars to SC 2, it's a huge difference in skill, apollo couldn't get a hold as a gamer in the scene, switching to be a commentator and strategist.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:

Which part of "it has nothing of C&C but parts of the name" is so hard to grasp for your tiny mind?

It's like asking me to reveal what defines an apple to me, when I point out an orange is not an apple.

The only similarity between Generals and any C&C game before it in terms of gameplay is the fact that it's an RTS.
If that's your definition of a Command & Conquer game, then I guess you're the proto-fan of Command + Conquer: Lego Battles. Rolling Eyes

By the way: Unlike the degenerated breed of failed pseudo-C&C-players you Generals crybabies are, I understand enough of RTSs to know that Generals did nothing that Earth 2150, Warzone 2100 or Dark Reign 2 hadn't done far superior years earlier.

Truth is, the half-assed, improper C+C branding was probably Generals's best selling point. The game itself wasn't all that exciting or special. It was okay, it could be fun, but in terms of 3D RTSs, it wasn't exactly groundbreaking.

Then again, judging by your demeanor, you probably weren't even born when those games were released.

I take it from your continued refusal to name any parallels between Generals and actual C&C games that you're incapable of doing that. Not that that surprises me. I suggest you go back to the nuthouse they keep you confused Generals retards in and let the big boys talk about real games.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renegade wrote:

The only similarity between Generals and any C&C game before it in terms of gameplay is the fact that it's an RTS.
If that's your definition of a Command & Conquer game, then I guess you're the proto-fan of Command + Conquer: Lego Battles. Rolling Eyes

Are you really that ztyping dumb? Any C&C game? Like Sole Survivor or Renegade??? So for yo Renegade isn't a C&C either because of? But wait you said Generals is the first game that isn't a real C&C... You are even contradicting yourself.

Yes do explain what defines C&C for you as obviously that got changed out at least once in the franchises lifetime.

You can not argument with the "generals is another story" that is not valid because by that logic RA2 isn't a real C&C either and from there on none would be.

If you can not see more similarities between generals and other C&C but it being an rts then I feel sorry for you. Only fools use exaggerations.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renegade wrote:
OrangeNero wrote:

Which part of "it has nothing of C&C but parts of the name" is so hard to grasp for your tiny mind?

It's like asking me to reveal what defines an apple to me, when I point out an orange is not an apple.

By the way: Unlike the degenerated breed of failed pseudo-C&C-players you Generals crybabies are, I understand enough of RTSs to know that Generals did nothing that Earth 2150, Warzone 2100 or Dark Reign 2 hadn't done far superior years earlier.

Truth is, the half-assed, improper C+C branding was probably Generals's best selling point. The game itself wasn't all that exciting or special. It was okay, it could be fun, but in terms of 3D RTSs, it wasn't exactly groundbreaking.

Then again, judging by your demeanor, you probably weren't even born when those games were released.

I take it from your continued refusal to name any parallels between Generals and actual C&C games that you're incapable of doing that. Not that that surprises me. I suggest you go back to the nuthouse they keep you confused Generals retards in and let the big boys talk about real games.

Ren, all fine that you have your opinion and so, but is it really necessary to call players who like Generals 'crybabies' and 'retards'? Rolling Eyes

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Earth 2150 didn't even have infantry.
Warzone is a build your tank game without infantry either.

Generals took the Infantry garrison of buildings further, allowing all infantry to be placed inside them

It took the IFV logic further with the humvee and the chinook.

The dozer is just like the conyard but instead of buildings getting constructed and repaired magically out of nowhere you now have to build a builder in your conyard.

the aircrafts are finally worthwhile instead of completely rubbish.

Radiation and nuclear waste take RA2 demo truck and venom further.

Its gameplay is like the old C&C games just with a step forward but you apparently see every step forward from Tiberian Dawn as a betrayal which is completely against WW vision but fits a butthurt oldtimer.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and where the ztype is the edit and delete button in this forum?!

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"You cannot post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum"

Bottom right.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:

Cyborgs say hi.

=======================

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
OrangeNero wrote:

Cyborgs say hi.

Cyborgs are as much of an infantry as the Wolverine is in TS.

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
Renegade wrote:
OrangeNero wrote:

Ren, all fine that you have your opinion and so, but is it really necessary to call players who like Generals 'crybabies' and 'retards'? Rolling Eyes

No sidebar, no MCV, no movies, upgrades, 3D, more than one resource to handle, no C&C  Cool

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Martin Killer wrote:
3D, no C&C  Cool

Laughing

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

come to think of it, the newest addition in Ares, the attach effect... is a workaround to get the upgrade mechanics from Generals.

lol

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

enough toying around.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please reread the third coloumn. Especially the part where he speaks about C&C Starcraft mixing.

Blinded fool, you are. As always, you will be.

=======================

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
come to think of it, the newest addition in Ares, the attach effect... is a workaround to get the upgrade mechanics from Generals.

lol

That was ironic.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Please reread the third coloumn. Especially the part where he speaks about C&C Starcraft mixing.

Blinded fool, you are. As always, you will be.

Read what, him stating that it does not always work out? Not always doesn't mean always.

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After first page "Does this mean I can Openly like CnC4 now?

After Second page "I'll return to my crawler now..."

Really can't admit that CnC4 was a okay game with the default rushed game flaws...

(Inb4 Michael Bay style childhood rape)

Though it seems that PPM is still against CnC late arrivers.

(My Fist CnC was RA1 PS1, my second was TW on X360 Inb4 not TRUUUFAN)

Also, I'll preface any response with "I can Defend myself, and know it when to fold em."

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't even undestand what Orange is arguing.  Without a better understanding of his core standpoint, there's not much I can say.

I enjoyed Renegade, but C&C it was not.  (It forgot about the 'Command' part, for one thing)

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's not cnc when the mechanic is refined? (generals)

so, basically you're saying that it's not a TV because it's a flatscreen and not a bulky design TV.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I enjoyed Renegade for what it was. A Spin-Off Game where its a FPS & not an RTS. Each Universe has its own appeal in what I see...

Tiberium - Poisonous Resource, Evil Bald Guy with Lasers, Super Military with a Kill Satelite
Red Alert - Gold is more common anywhere,Soviets with weaponized Tesla Coils, Teleporting Allies
Generals - Resources are supplies left around the area, "The War on Terrorism - The Game"

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't understand orange either, that is why I posted to get a "someone who likes 3d CnC" opinion that is mildly understandable.

Can I be the understandable one without getting officialcncforum flamed?

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 4 [180 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon