Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 pm
All times are UTC + 0
How to continue game after destroying AI
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Abom
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject:  How to continue game after destroying AI Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So i'm making a comp stomp, but i can't seem to find out how i can let the game continue after destroying AI, so that its just us vs neutral.. Someone knows the answer?  Thankyou!

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Assuming this is MP.
After you destroyed the AI you can use the trigger Action: 'Loser is...' and select (IIRC) 3 Neutral.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Abom
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
Assuming this is MP.
After you destroyed the AI you can use the trigger Action: 'Loser is...' and select (IIRC) 3 Neutral.

Yes it's MP,  thanks for that! But it doesn't work.. btw what is IIRC ?  and Neutral is 2,..  3 is special..  What is ' special' btw hihi sorry for the questions, i just can't seem to figure it out..  it is kinda weird that there is no 'AI' House.. And so which event you recommend me to use??   Much help appreciated!!!!

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC = If I remember correctly.

Special is a civilian house which is always allied to every other house, meaning that it can open gates, repair vehicles, heal infantry and so on for every faction on the map.

Anyhow, Team Black posted his attempt to make a Comp Stomp map at TiberiumWeb several years ago, so that topic should tell you everything need to know: http://www.tiberiumweb.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3570

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know exactly at what condition you want the player to win.
If you could list them I might be able to tell you which Events to set.

You mentioned you were fighting Neutral? Or is Neutral the only one left when you defeated the AI?

If only Neutral is left, the game should end actually...

/ppm/'s stupidity

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
If only Neutral is left, the game should end actually...

That's the point; he's trying to prevent the game from ending when only Neutral and allied human players are left.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

/ppm/'s stupidity

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used to just defeat the AI & then build a wall around any Orca or Banshees they had left over (so my own units couldn't attack them). I would then carry on playing for hours, building a huge base simcity style #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
DeathlyRose
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can just leave one of there production structures alive which is pretty much all you have too do. The best options for this is helipads and barracks.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That could do, yeah. But remember you won't be able to 'continue after destroying the AI'. Physically the AI has not been defeated.

/ppm/'s stupidity

Abom
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks guys u are tha best

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can, however, INI edit the map so that the Neutral house isn't MultiplayPassive and appears as a player in the game (including the score screens and such, under a gray color). The maps Bittah linked to are examples of doing so.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you've tried the map, you would've noticed the game crashes.
In fact, if you are Rampastring, Rampastein, you stated the map crashes.

I ran the 'coop' maps from Bittah's link, and TS crashes.

/ppm/'s stupidity

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do state in the last post at TibWeb that I got the crash fixed however. I can't remember all the exact details (it's been 4 years after all), but fixing the crash issue doesn't seem very complicated to do based on the posts on that topic.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Be sure to check the AI Building list, like in the tibweb thread.

I promised myself I'd find out exactly how to make co-op maps, and then write up a tutorial. Maybe I still will, someday

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Abom
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, I really figured out LOTS of good stuff!!

Now i'm searching how I can let AI always be NOD..  It would be great if you have an answer on this one !   Smile

Though I can start with 5 AI players, and 1 of them could be NOD,.. but there was even one time where there was no NOD at all  (so game crashed)..  It would be nice to just put AI plyrs 1..  especially on MP

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what exactly are you trying to do now?

Comp Stomp maps are pretty common online (last time I played online anyway) and the key was to give the neutrals a building outside of the map, then editing the ini of the map to make them 'playable'. They now do start with an own MCV (which shouldn't be able to build anything), the players units should auto-attacking the neutrals and, as a little hidden feature, after the map was played, you can shoose neutrals as your starting faction (NOTE: Should any neutral buildings be placed while choosing Neutral as faction, the game will crash. Should you choose neutral and there are pre-placed units, you will control them. Should a creature mutate, you will also gain control of the visc which was created. . .)
IIRC I did upload/post some maps, either because asking for help or because I wanted to ask if there would be any way to abuse that hidden feature...

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon