Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:46 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Graion's Ares roadmap plan
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject:  Graion's Ares roadmap plan
Subject description: Without target versions... they'll come one after the other
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Take in mind, the following can be changed anytime without further notice. This is just a planning of mine and I can't promise that it'll happen exactly as I write it now.

So, now that Ares 0.4 is out, and AttachEffects is finally in the trunk, this means that one of my old promised feature is done. Still, features which I have started so far but for many reasons couldn't get done up 'til this point takes priority over ones I have to plan out.

My next aim to finish is Bounty, ofcourse. OK, not exactly, because I have decided to include similar tags (I call it GiveMoney) on weapons which allows anyone to completely recreate Generals' Hackers. This branch will be hopefully out in this month, but I can't promise an exact date. Bounty itself is okay, only the GiveMoney handling will need to be finalized. I hope you guys will also feel GiveMoney customization tags as modder-friendly as AttachEffect (there'll be 4 tags, one is the damage's multiplier value to give, one constant, should it create message at all and should it give experience too).

After that, I'll fix HouseBoltColors. I know that the community (or just Gangster? #Tongue ) hates the feature idea, however, HBC is where I've started from and thereby I feel it should have been completed ages ago.

The gd03 branch which ultimately didn't hit 0.3 comes in third, because to consider it done entirely, FactoryOwners.Forbidden needs a code cleanup.

What comes after... honestly speaking, after these, I want to aim for features which I feel that they have a wide amount of generic usage cases and I certainly know I can code them in. The following ideas of mine are only planned but falls under this category:

- UnitDelivery warheads probably end up being the first feature after I finish all those branches I so far mentioned. I feel they could be used for many ideas, like Mirror Images, mine layers and such. Yes, these are possible via infantry mutation too in a degree, but I'd throw out the barrier. Infantry mutations turned to be unreliable from my tests anyway.

- Troop Crawler-like initial passengers. I've seen Operator logic thrown out in the end because of this and I've seen struggling AI BFRT combos because it can only fill one transport. Not to mention that if more weapons isn't in our development plans (atm in mine, certainly isn't, because it's over my knowledge, I feel) one can use dummy units as individual weaponry.

I am also interested in some other logics to take a look and try coding them in (paradrop factory, promotion to other unit, maybe even unit-to-unit deploy) but right now I don't know where will I get during their coding so take this with a grain of salt.

Of course, I'm open for suggestions regarding in what order should I try the aforementioned would-dos. If there's enough requests I might even go try a not-sure first before these two. But please respect that until I don't get the old unfinished branches of mine which are there for years now done, I don't really want to start a new logic. The GiveMoney logic was added in only because after the rewire of Bounty I did in this summer, it's a too small step to not take it. Also, consider it as an amendment to Bounty being such late.

Mind you that I struggled more than two years with AttachEffect. Thereby all of these will be included when they're done and fits into a release.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy

Awesomeness of AE and other future blueprints repay its all
#Tongue

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glad to test them when ready, plenty of time as always :/

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UnitDelivery warhead on death weapon, spawning a unit that needs a driver would give you capturable unit husks... OMG!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or just capturable husks. #Tongue

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion is it possible for you to make more ranks (Extend Veterancy) rather than 3 unit ranks which are rookie, veteran and elite ? something basic like this:

[General]
VeteranCap= 3 (or more)

[Techno-types] ;just showing the important tags that needs to be modified:

Abilities.Rank.1=STRONGER,SIGHT,FASTER
Abilities.Rank.2=SELF_HEAL,ROF,FIREPOWER
Abilities.Rank.3=CLOAK,SENSORS

Insignia.Rank.1=Ally-Rank-1
Insignia.Rank.2=Ally-Rank-2
Insignia.Rank.3=Ally-Rank-3

Primary.Rank.2=M60-Elite
Secondary.Rank.2=Para-Elite
Primary.Rank.3=M60-Heroic
Secondary.Rank.3=Para-Heroic

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not really. Unit-to-unit promotion comes into my mind as an alternate and achievable solution. (it was just 2 hours ago when I sent the entire veteran-bonus system to hell...)

=======================

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So a unit will turn to another and rests it cap ?

" (it was just 2 hours ago when I sent the entire veteran-bonus system to hell...)"

I guess codding is not an easy task, was it hard-coded or were you pretty much considering its just a big waste of time since the Alternate solution you mentioned is easier to handle,quick and more flexible ?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mhm, the main issue is that the veterancy bonus system is everything BUT flexible.

Unit-to-unit promotion would essentially cause only carryover issues to check if everything needed was carried over, and need only one hook (the promotion, which is already done for mindcontrollers and such) compared to the "override-bonus-everywhere" way yours could happen. That's why I mentioned it in my first post.

The lart line is about the fact that so far I couldn't get GiveMoney.DamageMultiplier to calculate them in... -_-

=======================

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the unit to unit promotion. That's quite good enough for me. Probably one of the few good things from VK.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Graion Dilach: I see then can make another suggestion concerning unit to unit promotion ?  here is what I have in mind:

[GI] ;Original GI with some example tags

Strength=125
Cost=200
Selfhealing=no
Armor=none
Primary=M60
Secondary=Para

Veteran.Converts=GI-Veteran
--or--
Elite.Converts=GI-Elite

[GI-Veteran] ;now this is like a copy you don't need to copy and paste all tags all over again you just need to add the ones you need to modify and they will override the original tags of the GI to save space and to make the INI file less complex and filled with useless text's.

Tags.Copyof=GI
Strength=150
Cost=300
Veteran.Converts=GI-Elite

[GI-Elite] ;Again same with GI-Veteran

Tags.Copyof=GI
Selfhealing=yes
Strength=200
Cost=400
Armor=plate
Primary=M60E
Secondary=ParaE

Lastly is possible when you make these copy types recognized with out adding/numbering them in [Infantrytypes]

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No problems then, thanks for the link ill keep tracking its progress.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GiveMoney is working perfectly fine to date.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something I've always wondered with Ares:

Can you make it so that infantry panic voices from enemy players can be heard by the player. Like in TS were you can hear enemy soldiers cry out Medic!. In RA2, you could only hear your own soldiers cry out for some reason.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AFAIK, that's a general sound function. Defaults to on-screen only. You could default every unit sound to global but it would be kinda loud.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I note with bounty that, when Bounty.Message=yes

The game displays the amount everyone makes. Instead of only what you make. Also this would not be such a problem if the color displayed for the cash animation was in house color. Or if this was a setting in Global controls to allow you to see enemy bounty animations.

Also the cash text animations still graphically get stuck on the command menu bar at the bottom of the screen.

I noted all this long ago on old tracker when testing was being done, but decided to post it here, after I noticed it was still occurring in your new test branch. I wonder if I should bump the old bounty bug report on the tracker?

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's kinda weird, I can't get it to get stuck, though I'd suppose its the same broken graphics displayer that breaks shadows and most of the SHPs in general when scrolling. Probably impossible to repair.
I've also noticed people have the same problem with the bottom bar in general with getting corrupted by animations and terrain just by scrolling.

House color for the text would be good though, or making it a non-global. This is all up to personal taste however, as I would not even use a message system.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't intend to change the colors. Green for gain, red for lose, that's certain.

I'll look into a GlobalControl tag to only show allied messages tho. Also this advanced command bar thingie.

=======================

WJY
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you make it possible to change base defense buildings for AI on per country basis?
Also, can you add an option which add a Campaign List button inside the game’s default menu instead of removing the default menu? (like what NPATCH does)

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can already do that first one with careful INI coding.

I'm confused on your second question WJY, you do know ARES already has Campaign lists? Or do you want some kind of other function that's intended?

I might be misunderstanding because I never used NPATCH.

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In NPatch, when you clicked the Campaigns button, you have met with the old 3 buttons (there were no 4th button of campaigns there), and the Campaigns List was a submenu.

I don't intend to change the Ares behaviour tbh.

=======================

WJY
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would be nice if it's possible to keep both Campaign Buttons and Campaign List.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Considering that two bugfixes were heavily argued back in AttachEffect's timeline, (basically the AttachEffect-cloaking and transport interactions), both got customizable a bit via:

AttachEffect.ForceDecloak - boolean, defaults to false: if set, unit will be forced to decloak when the AE gets applied (useful for nondamaging anim-based AttachEffects).

AttachEffect.DiscardOnEntry - boolean, defaults to false: if set, the AttachEffect will be removed when the unit is removed from map (entering a building or another unit). Otherwise it'll work like it does now, AE will be suspended during the time off the map.

Binary is where it usually is. Ignore if branch info says that it's aimed for 0.4.

=======================

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am just wondering is it possible to improve AE with slowdown\freeze SHP unit animation? For better SpeedMultiplier= effect pimarily.

Is it can be made an effect which allow jam weapons for animation affected units? (RA3 Hydrofoil)

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WalkRate/Sequence is not something easily modifiable on the fly, sorry. :S

=======================

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
Is it can be made an effect which allow jam weapons for animation affected units? (RA3 Hydrofoil)

Just realized what you meant at this. I'll see. TBH, I'm fed up with AttachEffect for a while, but I aim to code such disabling into the game if possible for a different reason (tho that one might end up laggy, so dunno).

OTOH, I like the idea, so it has a high chance that it'll be looked into.

=======================

Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Few questions on Unit-to-Unit promotion:
1. Is it possible to make a PREREQUISITE for that promotion?
[For example, if you want Unit to reach higher rank you have to build a Tech Center.]
2. Can the transformed Unit have its own IMAGE?
[For example, the starting Unit has a simple gun (visually) and the promoted Unit has a larger gun and better equipment (visually, because of another Image=).]

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I would have started implementation already (but it's not even on my close-roadmap atm) I would say that 1 is certainly not gonna happen because it's stupid messup and 2 is ofcourse gonna happen, because it's a must, to differ the evolultion and the rookie.

=======================

Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will the Cost= parameter be usable for promoted units? The reason for it is that with every veterancy level we have to raise the amount of experience that unit must gain to get to a next veterancy level.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Errrrm..., how does exactly the FactoryOwners work?

1. FactoryOwners sets which countries can build this from the start or which counties can aquire this if they capture the building?
2. FactoryOwners.Forbidden sets which countries can't build this from the start or which counties can't aquire this if they capture the building?
These flags are pernament or not?
3. FactoryOwners makes the country who captures the building have all previous owner's units be available?

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon