Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Can't Build My Mod
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Phantom139
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject:  Can't Build My Mod Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello guys, So I've decided to give RA3 a spin in modding, but unfortunately I cannot seem to locate any of the old files (working that is).

I can't use the original SDK as I'm running a 64bit machine, so I installed the SDK Extras. Now I am stuck with the constant: "Cannot locate 'x'/mod.manifest file". Apparently reinstalling was the proposed solution. After 5 re-installs, this is still happening so obviously there's something else going on here.

A fix for this problem would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:
Ok so I've got a little update here on the problem. The piece of the pack at fault here is the defaultScripts.cs file. And I found out why. I'm running my RA3 from The Ultimate Collection, which contrary to the pack at it's release has a different installation location than what the pack's scripts have, I found my mod.manifest file in a C:/mods/mymodname/ folder instead of C:/Program Files/Origin Games/Red Alert 3 ModSDK/ect. folder. I'm able to build my mod using the old defaultScripts.cs file, and I think I'll just stick to that for now unless a fix for the new file can be found.

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you using my SDK Extras? If yes, are you using the latest version of it?

Phantom139
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, And yes, I'm using the version that's posted on your website, I couldn't find any other versions located online and most of the links on other sites are dead anyways.

I'm hoping we can find a fix for this problem. The original Mod SDK doesn't seem to like to add new factions to the game even when I add the new reference to a custom playerTemplates.xml file.

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the Mod SDK (or my expansion) has nothing to do with the install location of the game.
Also the Mod SDK install path used in the script is read from registry. So, if you moved the SDK folder after installation to another location, the script of my expansion might not work anymore.
Another thing is that the SDK might not have the rights to write in C:\Program Files. Windows somewhen prevents writing in there.

Phantom139
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I re-installed to C:/RA3 SDK/ and the samplemod now builds with the SDK extras, however my own mod still doesn't build due to the missing mod.manifest file. The folder and program have full write permissions and I'm running the SDK Studio as an administrator so I have no idea what's going on here. This always fails when it hits the LOD Builder.

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Missing mod.manifest means, that it hasn't been created which is in most cases because of a compile error. So the error happened somewhen before LoD Stream Builder.
Watch the build log, or maybe attach it here.

Phantom139
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's the build log.

EDIT: NM, finally figured it out. Man RA3 modding is much more "stricter" in terms of what has to be there and what you can do compared to C&C3 Modding... And yes, the build log hid one little error line saying it couldn't find a file that was being included somewhere so I just popped it in from the RA3 XMLs and it builds fine.

Thanks for the help!

buildlog.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  buildlog.txt
 Filesize:  65.99 KB
 Downloaded:  59 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum